2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:00:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Author Topic: 2000 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 92872 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »

Yeah, Kerry didn't have a Waterloo. If I'd have continued the campaign, I'd have won. There's no doubt about that. But I couldn't devote the time and energy to this like I did in 2012 & 1992. I was overwhelmed, and had to cut one out.

Would you be up posting as a surrogate/Possible VP candidate by any chance?
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2013, 11:57:46 PM »

I presume that we'll go right to both of the party conventions, and then the game will pick up at August 18, the day after the DNC is over with, if that sounds okay with everyone. You can make a summary of your activities between now and then, and I'll make the next turn longer so that you have more time to sort out your running mates.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »

I presume that we'll go right to both of the party conventions, and then the game will pick up at August 18, the day after the DNC is over with, if that sounds okay with everyone. You can make a summary of your activities between now and then, and I'll make the next turn longer so that you have more time to sort out your running mates.

Excellent!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »

OOC; anything to make my life Easier...

Senator Daschle pulls a  "Quayle" and tours the country attacking Quayle for "wanting to return to the ruinous economic policies of President Reagan" while also extolling the Clinton Administration for it's environmental policies, and his skill dealing with a difficult Congress... In between serious Vice-Presidential vetting is being done by Daschle and the entire campaign staff, led by campaign chairs, Steve Hildebrand and Mark Penn.

Notable stops on Daschle's national tour were; Ft. Wayne Indiana, Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego California, Detroit, Michigan, Slidell, Louisiana, Lexington Kentucky, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

On June 18, 2000 Mark Penn, in a press release, unveiled Daschle's current VP shortlist and said an announcement about who Daschle's VP would be would be forthcoming "shortly"

John Kerry has proven himself a worthy rival and surrogate, almost exclusively campaigning in New Hampshire for Daschle... however his early withdrawal, when he was on the brink of victory has hurt himself in many staffer's eyes.

Blanche Lincoln didn't endorse Daschle in the primaries, but she has been an incredible southern surrogate since... internals show us carrying Missouri, with Arkansas highly competitive with Lincoln on the ticket.

Patty Murray has been a valuable surrogate across the Northwest, especially in Oregon which looks in danger of flipping this year. Murray, like Lincoln could be helpful in bringing more women into our column.

Tom Harkin and Angus King have fallen off the radar completely

Dick Gephardt has many of the same advantages as Lincoln, but he's in a higher position in House Leadership and may not want want the job

Russ Feingold entered the picture back in March and has since edged out Harkin, with polling showing Daschle/Feingold perfoms better in Iowa, than Daschle/Harkin.

Gary Locke adds a different dimension than Murray to our ticket, but has the problem of being from the same state as Murray

Andrew Cuomo is perceived as rising as a rising Democratic star, but he's also a link to the Clinton administration.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »

Quayle 2000: From February to August:(Update)

The Vice-President is leading at the polls, but can he win such a hard fought election?

1.- List of activities done by the Vice-President:

-February:
     -February 22 to February 29th: Tour of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas and Missouri.

-March:
     -March 1st to March 7th: Tour of Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana and Illinois.
     -March 8th to March 15th: Tour of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Nevada.
     -March 16th to March 22nd: Tour of Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Florida.
     -March 23rd to March 30th: Further meetings with all Republican Governors to set a strategy, convincing reclutant donors to join the team, hiring new staffers.

-April:
     -Overseeing the development of campaign offices for the national network, extensive travels to Washington D.C to meet with the Republican majority and discuss policy proposals.
     -Monthwide Campaign tour of the South: Blasting Daschle for being too liberal and the Clinton White House for dishonesty, focusing on former Clinton states.
     -Extensive policy and public speech preparations to avoid any further gaffes.

-May:
     -Foreign Tour: Using status as former Vice-President, Quayle travels abroad and meets with a few heads of state and important figures for two weeks, focusing on US allies and conflicted zones. The trip takes him to Latin America, China, the Balkans and the United Kingdom (among others) and it's deemed a success. Despies his graying head, Quayle is still energic enough to make a good impression.
     -Midwest Tour: For two weeks, Quayle returns to his roots and speaks to the Midwest about ways to give the middle class a better life, via tax cuts and family values. He also blasts politicians who are obsessed with economic policy, calling for more attention to foreign and domestic policy.

-June:
     -Pacific Tour: Quayle goes to California, and with the extensive help of Governor Pete Wilson and all the Republican celebrities he tries to appeal to California's past as a GOP state. He also goes to Oregon, Washington and Hawaii, to prove that the GOP will contest all states.
     -West Tour: Although those states seem safe, Quayle spends a few days on Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado, just in case the Democrats want to try a push there.
     -New England/Mid Atlantic Tour: Repeating his February Tour, but for two weeks, Quayle goes from Ohio to Maine in an attempt to convince Democrats and Independents that he is a sane choice and not a reactionary. Making the extra push in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Connecticut, he expects the GOP to keep on living on those states.

-July:

-Swing States Tour: Quayle decides to spend the whole month in potential swing states to increase the chances of taking them in Novemeber. Those states include: Florida, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Iowa, Oregon, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Nevada, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Maine and Michigan.

-August:

-After a lot of speculation, Quayle informs the press that the VP pick will be announced at the convention, not before. After a lot of vetting by Senator Dan Coats, the VP list was reduced to four names:

-General Colin Powell (R-NY)
-Gov. Christine Todd Whitman (R-NJ)
-Rep. John Kasich (R-OH)
-Gov. Frank Keating (R-OK)

Besides, the Convention is ready to go!

2.- Campaign Affairs:

-Fundraising: Up to the roof, according to Richard Norman, all thanks to the combination of grassroots support and the backing of the financial donors. Thanks to that, the 50 State Strategy is more than possible.
     -Internet: The website keeps getting more visitors, and as a result it has been greatly expanded to include platform, videos, statements, endorsements, bios, etc, etc, etc.
     -Organization: Offices in all fifty states working nicely. There is a shortage of staffers (the campaign as money, but not that much), but volunteers are expected to fill the gap.
     -Strategy: A combination of the "Fifty State Strategy" and the "Governor Strategy", all Republican Governors are making extensive effors across their own states for Quayle, and Senators are doing the same if there's not Republican governor. The idea is to force Daschle to spend resources in previously safe states, while at the same time involving the entire party into the fight.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #330 on: December 29, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »

Excellent work, lads. Now we'll be covering both of the conventions. You describe what happens in those stadiums and you make your acceptance speeches--and, of course, your running mates will be revealed. I'll give y'all up to five days to sort this out.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »

Daschle Rally in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

July 17, 2000

This campaign has been about finding the best of our party, and in my Vice-Presidential Nominee I believe I have found someone who meets that, requirement, can win several states in the fall, and be a strong tough President should the unthinkable happen.   

Please Welcome to the Stage, Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln!!!

LincolnIt's an honor whenever anyone is offered the opportunity to be Vice-President and I intend to do Senator Daschle proud... We as women face a choice today. elect candidates who oppose us at every turn like Senator Quayle... or candidates that support many of rights as women like Tom Daschle does and John Kerry did.

OOC; still have to work out the DNC
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2013, 03:45:12 AM by NewYorkExpress »

DNC

Staples Center

Chairman; Dick Gephardt
Day 1,  August 15, 2000
[/size]

9:30 AM Delegations seated

10:00 AM Speech by Terry McAuliffe

We have a strong man, and a strong woman atop on our ticket, we have strong Senate candidates, and solid house candidates. The Democratic party is alive and well! The Republicans? They have someone well to the right atop their ticket, average Senate candidates, and average house candidates... The Republican Party is going downhill and we'll take advantage of it!

11: 30 AM Speech by Marc Morial

We in the African-American community are proud of the Democrats for settling their intraparty dispute quickly, however we encourage all candidates to at least pay lip service to issues affecting our community. We applaud departing President Clinton for his devotion to African-American issues and we scorn the Republicans for their lack of empathy to our issues.

1:30 PM   Speech by Leon Panetta

As a former Republican I have seen the party move to right since my registered days in the 1970's. With Dan Quayle I believe this process has reached it's peak... and if Quayle is elected we will be going backwards, not forwards.

2:45 PM   Speech by Bill Richardson

Just because the Wen Ho Lee scandal hurt myself and President Clinton, doesn't mean it should hurt Senator Daschle, a fine man with no connection to the Department of Energy. The Republicans would seek to gut the Energy department under Dan Quayle. That cannot happen!  Voting for Tom Daschle will get us one step closer to freedom from Foreign oil and unsafe coal.

4:00 PM
Speech By Christine Quinn

Being a supporter of Same-Sex Marriage I am Proud to say that I support Tom Daschle, a candidate who supports, marriage equality for all, no matter their orientation... Dan Quayle on the other hand? He does not. He believes that religion should rule all. Well Mr. Quayle I've got news for you, Religion isn't the only the thing in world. It's important sure, but it isn't the be-all end-all.

6:00 PM Speech by Mark Gearan

As Former Head of the Peace Corps, I understand the value the Peace Corps have on society, the question is does Senator Quayle? Quayle and the Republicans in Congress want to decimate the Peace Corps budget, thus reducing the amount of help we can provide underdeveloped parts of the world... Tell Senator Quayle no, and vote for Tom Daschle this November.

7:15 PM
Speech by Linda Daschle

My Husband and I may disagree but I love him dearly, and I love him dearly. I'd be proud to see him President, knowing he'd be doing right by our country...

10:00 PM Keynote Speech by John Edwards

We go forwards in our planning, forwards in our passion to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and yet we don't have that many differences. We Worship God in every state, and we have those who question God in every state, We have sports nuts in all states, and those who are nonathletic in all states, and we have people who care in all states, and people who don't care in all states.

(all given lines were excerpts of speeches)

OOC; Days two and three to come
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2013, 01:02:28 AM »

Republican National Convention, Day One:
"The Past"

First Union Center, Pennsylvania:

7:30 to 8:00:

House Speaker Dennis Hastert opens the ConventionSad

"Ladies and gentlemen, in addition to being the permanent Chairman of this Convention, I'm proud to be a representative of the 14th District of the great state of Illinois, the home of our first Republican president, Abraham Lincoln. President Lincoln believed in the American Dream, he believed in the power of freedom, and he believed in the Republican Party. We hold this convention in Pennsylvania, where, more than two hundred years ago, our founding fathers met believing in the same ideals that would eventually inspire Lincoln. Dan Quayle shares the vision of those fine gentlemen, he believes in peace through strength, he believes that the economy strong if the middle class stands strong. He understands that government has an important but limited role in the lives of the people. But Tom Daschle doesn't share that vision. He's on the wrong side of taxation. He's on the wrong side of litigation. And he's on the wrong side of regulation. These are the job killers, ladies and gentlemen."

The Historic Pennsylvania Colonial Fife and Drum Corps presents colors, then goes the national anthemSad

8:00 to 9:00:

Roll Call: From Alabama to IowaSad

Presidential Tribute to Gerald Ford, address by the former President:

"You know, they say that our party has changed. That our party is not the same as it was back in the seventies... And sure, I see new people, and see new ideas. But that's precisely the point! We are always charged with being reactionaries, but the Republican Party is the party of ideas. You see the Democratic Party claiming sucess for the economic boom of the 1990's, when it took Republican ideas and a Republican Congress to achieve that. We stand strong, we stand for America. After all these years, me and Betty are still proud of our party, and that will never change. Dan Quayle is the voice for true change and real progress in America!"

Presidential Tribute to George HW Bush, joint address by the former President and Governor George W. BushSad

"They used to ask me a lot: Why did you picked Dan Quayle, George? Dan certainly made a few mistakes when Vice-President, but that is choice I don't regret. He was a loyal Vice-President, a man to be trusted and respected. He dealt with Congress, he traveled around the world, and many of his political predictions became reality. The other side may paint him as dumb, but you saw the man in action, and Dan Quayle has always been the smart man we see today. I am proud to support him, for I know that he will continue the legacy of Gerald Ford, the Legacy of Ronald Reagan, and my own legacy. He is the leader our party needs for the Next Century."

Presidential Tribute to Ronald Reagan, address by First Lady Nancy ReaganSad

"Why, thank you! It's certainly nostalgic to be back at the RNC and see these videos of my husband's terms as President. Those were tough years for America at the beginning, but our nation delivered a complete comeback. We saw economic recovery, the end of the Cold War and the restoration of patriotism. That was Ronnie's gift to America, and he achieved it by taking stands and knowing when to compromise. Such is the spirit of the Republican Party, a spirit of patriotism, of entering public service to serve people. I know he would have loved to be here, but I can still see him walking through the halls, as we did in so many conventions... My words to all of you are simple: Let's win another one for the Gipper!"

9:00 to 10:00:

Marilyn Quayle speaks about his husband and the struggle of middle class womenSad

"You know, whenever someone referred to me as Quayle's wife, Dan would always correct him: Her name is Marilyn. Simple, but effective, and that's something that I always admired coming from him. We live in a world where men still have most of the power, and it's not easy for women to suceed. But it is possible. As a lawyer and political scientist, I tell you: it's possible. I feel this party neglected women in the past, and for that we all have our regrets, but times change. Right now we have many sucessful role models: we have Elizabeth Dole, Nancy Reagan, Betty Ford, Christine Todd Whitman, Barbara Bush, Lynn Morley Martin, and many others. These women are the past and the future of America, and we are ready to fight so we can help them suceed. Remember Murphy Brown? They said my husband was anti-women, but time proved him right in the sense that you need both parents for a family to be more stable. Both parents, as men have to be as involved as we are when raising our families."

Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld speak about foreign policy, speak of the past and the futureSad

"You know, I have lived for over a third of the history of this nation... That tells you how young this country is, and how old I am... (Laughs) We live in a strange world, or at least a strange world for me. No more Soviet Union, no more Empire of Evil. But many of the challenges remain ahead, and the next President will have to make an extra effort to keep America safe, respected and strong. We have a lot of work to do, ladies and gentlemen, for we are no longer fighting against communism. We are fighting for the cause of liberty, and the cause of democracy, and we will bring liberty and democracy to the world."

"I'll say this out loud: Clinton failed in foreign policy. Yes, he failed in foreign policy. Saddam Hussein does not care about what the President says, and the Middle East is shaping up to be a very complicated zone once again. He allowed genocide to happen in Rhodesia, he made critical mistakes in Haiti, and he failed to handle Kosovo right. Under a Republican administration, this would have never happened. I served under President Ford and President Bush, and I can tell you: this would have never happened. I was a part of the national security inner circle along with Dan, and he is ready for the world stage, he always has been. His knowledge of foreign leaders, military issues and his moral leadership make him very suitable for foreign policy, and you can expect a safer America with him."

Keynote Speech: Representative J. C. Watts speaks of moral leadership and the GOP's mistakes with minoritiesSad

"We have made mistakes. Sometimes we have failed to follow Lincoln's example as a party, and minorities punished us. But that remains in the past, my fellow Republicans. I am a good example of that. Our party has a vision of America that is suitable for all Americans, and it's not something extreme, and it's not something that excludes people. Most of us are christians, and we believe in helping others to help themselves, we believe in reaching out to them. And these are not just words, these are facts: Since we've been in the majority, unemployment in the black community is down to its lowest levels ever in the history of the country. The middle class has expanded over the last five and a half years since we've been in the majority. Home ownership is at its highest levels in the black community since we've been in control in Washington. I think black people understand as well. I don't think they want the government wasting their tax dollars. You know, black people pay taxes. And, you know, the government doesn't say, because you're black, you don't have to pay income taxes. The Democratic Party takes their votes for granted, but I want to believe that minorities will accept our apologies, will look at out party and say: I will vote for Dan Quayle this year. I will vote for him for he is a moral leader, for he cares about America, and because he can deliver what he promises."

OOC: Next days to come soon.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #334 on: December 31, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2013, 05:32:30 PM by NewYorkExpress »

DNC 2000

Day 2
9:00 AM Speech from Gray Davis

Vice President Quayle is a great man, but being a great man alone doesn't get you to the White House... you need to do the dirty work to solve the problems of our nation, and Tom Daschle is willing to to just that.

10:30 AM Speech from Lawrence Summers

Our economy is a precious thing, the truth is our economy is mostly funded by taxes imposed on the rich, so why would anyone suggest that cutting them is a good idea?

12:00 Noon

Speech from Dave Obey
Tf Tom Daschle or Trent Lott don't like something we do in the House appropriations committee, we have to take the bill back and remove the offending earmarks... while Lott and other Republicans go power-crazy with this power, Daschle is actually relatively judicious with it, only removing the most ridiculous earmarks.

2:30 PM
Speech from Lee Brown

Republicans often talk about being tough on crime... Well one can't just adopt a zero-tolerance policy, one has to adapt a policy to the situation, and Republicans are conveniently forgetting that.

5:30 PM Roll Call

Daschle is nominated with the delegations of all states except for nine of New Hampshire delegates, two Iowa delegates, and One Massachusetts delegate, all of whom voted for John Kerry. Blanche Lincoln is  nominated for Vice-President with delegations of all states except for Vermont (Pat Leahy), one Wisconsin Delegate (Russ Feingold) and one Tennessee Delegate (Al Gore)

7:00 PM Introducing Blanche Lincoln- Bill Clinton

Being from Arkansas myself, I know that Senator Lincoln has served my home state faithfully, and I know that she will do the same on a national level if you just give her and Senator Daschle a chance.

8:00 PM Vice-Presidential Acceptance Speech- Blanche Lincoln

Thank You, It's an honor to be here tonight.... We're here because we need a figure of the here and now not someone who never was relevant in the first place. Tom Daschle has been not only relevant but valuable to our country as Senate Minority Leader, while Dan Quayle just sat in the shadows and faded away... We need someone who will defend the Clinton economy while being able to repel the Clinton code of ethics... Dan Quayle may fit the second criteria, but he doesn't fit the first, and for this country you need to fit both.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #335 on: January 01, 2014, 04:04:42 PM »

DNC 2000

Third and final day

8:30 AM

Speech by Patty Murray

Senator Daschle has been a magnificent minority leader, and he will make a great President. Dan Quayle? His most memorable moment was criticizing a television show... not something you want in your President.

9:45 AM
Speech by Russ Fiengold

The Clinton Administration may have made mistakes in foreign policy, but that's nothing compared to a Reagan-era decision, which Quayle supported of invading Grenada...  , It tarnished our special relationship with Britain for years, and continued our allies skepticism of us.

11:00 AM
Speech by Ann Richards

Dan Quayle and President Bush are quite similar, both had to fight the "wimp factor" and both never really succeeded, Bush was defeated after one term, by a stronger more suave candidate, and Quayle? Well at least he knows how to spell potato now...

1:15 PM
Speech by Tom Vilsack

Dan Quayle and the Republican Party's record on environmental issues is atrocious. Quayle supports drilling in the Alaska National Wildlife Reserve, he supports the unsafe and unproven practice Fracking, he supports offshore drilling, and he supports open-strip coal mining. Quayle supports reuse of old Superfund sites. Tom Daschle, he may allow votes on these things in the Senate, but he most certainly does not support them at all.

2:45 PM
Speech by John Breaux

If a Hurricane hits Louisiana, we would be devastated. And what do Republicans want to do? They want to cut funding to FEMA, so we cannot recover. Why would they do this to a state that is shifting towards voting so strongly for them? And for that matter what would they do if a disaster hits a Blue State like New York or California?

4:15 PM
Speech by Nick Rahall

Senator Daschle has challenged a tough candidate and walked away the winner in the primary, now he aims to the same against Dan Quayle. He can't do with all of your help however, He needs fundraising, volunteer efforts, and staff... We can win this, but we can't do it without you.

6:00 PM
Speech by Hillary Clinton

I'm Sure you remember my Husband last night, who introducing Blanche Lincoln? Well, as First Lady I can say what he cannot. That Tom Daschle is a candidate who can and will win this election. That Tom Daschle must be our next President if we are to continue my Husbands' legacy. That Tom Daschle must be the next President of United States if we are to keep this nation afloat, and our reputation abroad intact.

8:30 PM
Introducing Tom Daschle- John Kerry

Since, Last November Senator Daschle was rival for the nomination, and I know how difficult this is for me to say, but I believe he is not only ready to be inaugurated as President in January, I believe he is ready to be inaugurated today! Vice-President Quayle has served our nation well, but you can't go into the shadows and disappear for eight years and then run for President. That just isn't how our system works.

9:15 PM Acceptance Speech- Tom Daschle

Good evening. For those Democrats who don't know me yet, I'm Tom Daschle, you're nominee for President.
 The Clinton agenda which, if elected I seek to uphold has on balance been mostly good, but there are elements, like in all political systems are bad. But the Republicans? You try telling me that cutting money for items like weather prediction, disaster recovery, and flight controller budgets are good things? You try telling me replacing that money with earmarks for stuff such as "the science of love" and a "study on bent grass" is appropriate?

The Republican agenda is wrong on choice, both with abortion and same-sex marriage. Take the case of abortion, where Quayle is on record opposing as supporting a ban on all cases of abortion, even if the life of the mother is at stake, or for that if it's clear the fetus will not be viable past birth. In the case of Same-Sex marriage, is not a fundamental right to choose what member of the Human species you want live with for the rest of your life? To Vice-President Quayle, not only is that right non-existent, but he supports Senator Santorum's belief that if we grant these rights legalizing polygamy and Bestiality would come next.

And the Republican agenda on foreign policy hasn't been all it's been made out to be. Quayle supported alienating our allies, with the invasion of Grenada, he supported keeping troops in Lebanon, and that turned out to be a disaster, and he even supported Clinton foreign policy blunders in Rwanda and Somalia.

I wanted to keep this speech short, but I have to end tonight by giving a shout-out to my former rival, Senator Kerry. He ran an excellent campaign, and even now I still wonder why he dropped out, because if he stayed in he'd probably be giving this speech, not me.

11:00 PM Convention Closes- Concert by Cyndi Lauper and Billy Joel
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #336 on: January 01, 2014, 05:17:17 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2014, 05:19:15 PM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

OOC: Days Two, Three and Four to come in a few hours.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #337 on: January 01, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »

Republican National Convention, Day Two:
"The Present"

Pledge of Allegiance and National AnthemSad

Bob Dole: Tom Daschle? Never heard of himSad

"I watched some speeches of the Democratic National Convention yesterday, and boy are they desperate. Always attacking Senator Quayle, portraying him as a loony! I worked with Dan Quayle in the Senate for a decade, and those relentless accusations are lies. He often lead the charge in foreign policy to have a stronger America, and the fought for many initiatives in domestic policy. At the same time, the Democrats hail Tom Daschle as the master strategist, the man who supposedly makes the Senate efficient. I'm going to ask a simple question: Who in America has even heard of Tom Daschle? You can go and ask everybody, and they'll answer: never heard of him. He's not a commander in chief, he is an influence peddler."

Theodore Roosevelt IV speaks about the environmentSad

"As you know, I'm not as partisan as many public figures. But watching the other convention was not a good experience... Did you see how their pretty much said that they are the only ones caring about the environment? Excuse me, Democratic Party, but the Republican Party fights as hard as you for enviromental causes, and we have gotten more things passed in that area. My Great-Grandfather, President Theodore Roosevelt was a man who fought for the environment during his entire life, understanding that America's nature was worth fighting for. President Richard Nixon was the one who created the EPA, and he was a Republican as well. The only reason our fight is perhaps not as open as the Democratic one is is because we understand that we must have a balance between economy and environment, nothing more. If anything, this party fights for conservatism, and that includes conserving and preserving the nature!"

Bruce Willis: Keep Daschle away from the White House!Sad

"Ladies and gentlemen: I am not a politician. I am not an expert on the issues, I am not a man who like the world of politics, and despite being an actor, deep down I'm still a simple and plain American. But I support the Republican Party and I support Dan Quayle because of their economic policies, since they involve a better life for most of us. I am sick and tired to paying taxes and more taxes, of facing endless regulations from the goverment, and I want to be left alone for a minute! If Senator Daschle gets to the White House the only thing we are going to get is more taxes, more regulation, and more govenrment intruding in our lives. Again, I am not a die-hard Republican, but after seeing what the Democrats have to offer, you can bet that I'm voting Quayle!"

John Kasich speaks about former candidates and their leadershipSad

"You must have leadership to win and to suceed. That is one of the lessons life has taught me, and leadership is what I used for my political career. When I looked at our candidates this year, I felt proud of my party. Jack Kemp has leadership, John McCain, Colin Powell have leadership, and Dan Quayle definetly has leadership. On the other hand... Well, John Kerry has leadership, he knows what he's talking about. Tom Daschle has... well... you answer me. Charisma? (No!) Ambition? (No!) Leadership? (No!) Statesmanship (No!) Alright, I think that's enough. We need a President who knows how to lead, how to compromise, how to speak to the world stage and a President with a moral sense. Dan Quayle had led, he knows how to compromise, he has spoken to world leaders for years, and he has the moral sense Bill Clinton lacks. He is the obvious choice this year!"

Senator Bill Frist on Health CareSad

"And they say we plan to cut Health Care, they say we want to leave thousands of Americans without insurance. I'll say this as a doctor, not as a politician: That is wrong! The GOP plan is tested, it's solid, it cuts spending without hurting people. Do you seriously think a national party would try to hurt Americans on purpose? I mean, nobody would vote for us if that was the case! But instead of that, we are leading the polls, and that's because Americans know what's best of them. We could have national mandatory healthcare, sure, but we would end up with a bloated burocratic system that is not going to work properly!"

Secretary Lamar Alexander speaks about Education promisesSad

"As a Governor, Former Candidate and Former Secretary of Education, I have a lot of things to say... But don't worry, I'll be brief! I am going to talk about education today, about what we want to do with education in America. Are as party are commiting ourselves to bold reforms in education, to make every school a place of learning and achievement for every child. We want to preserve local control of public schools, while demanding high standards and accountability for results.Instead of burdening schools with red tape and narrow government programs, we will give them maximum flexibility in using federal education technology dollars to meet their specific needs whether it be for computers, teacher training, software development, or systems integration.It's long past time to debate what works in education. The verdict is in, and our Republican governors provided the key testimony: strong parental involvement, excellent teachers, safe and orderly classrooms and high academic standards. That is what we want for the children of America, and Dan Quayle will deliver just that!"

10:00 to 11:00:

Governor John Engler speaks about Gun Rights, Right to Work and the Right to LiveSad

"Our party is a party of rights, a party that fights for your rights. We defend the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and we affirm the individual responsibility to safely use and store firearms. Because self-defense is a basic human right, we will promote training in their safe usage, especially in federal programs for women and the elderly. A Republican administration will vigorously enforce current gun laws, neglected by the Democrats, especially by prosecuting dangerous offenders identified as felons in instant background checks. We affirm the right of individuals to voluntarily participate in labor organizations and to bargain collectively. We therefore support the right of states to enact Right-to-Work laws. No one should be forced to contribute to a campaign or a candidate, so we will vigorously implement the Supreme Court's Beck decision to stop the involuntary use of union dues for political purposes. We will fight for the right of a child to live, and we will take a stand against abortion and euthanasia on this country."

John McCain on Campaign Reform: We are Ready to Deliver!Sad

"My friends, this nation needs to reform some aspects of the political system. We need more transparence, we need more accountability of our officeholders towards the people, and our party's platform takes that into account. The principal cure for the ills of democracy is greater participation in the political process by more citizens. To that end, we have some proposals: We oppose gerrymandering in congressional districts, we oppose the abuses of corporate and labor "soft" money contributions to political parties, we want to level the playing field by forbidding incumbents to roll over their leftover campaign funds into a campaign for a different office. We are going to require full and timely disclosure on the Internet of all campaign contributions, so the media and the public can immediately know who is giving how much to whom, and we will preserve access to the Internet for political speech and debate. Dan Quayle and us in the Republican Party are ready to deliver!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #338 on: January 01, 2014, 06:44:05 PM »

It's Quayle/Powell!

Dan Quayle picks former primary rival as running mate!

Philadelphia, PA:

Vice-President and Republican Nominee Dan Quayle shook the political stage by revealing his running mate this morning, choosing to do so before the VP nomination later tonight. The crowd went wild with the announcement, in which Quayle called the General "a truly American hero". Pundits believe this pick is a far more successful response to Daschle/Lincoln than choosing a woman, given that it would be seen as pandering. Senator Dan Coats, leader of the Quayle VP Team, said that he was by far the most qualified choice. Let's see some excerpts from Quayle and Powell's speeches:

"I am proud of the men I selected as my running mate. He has experience, he has leadership, he has honesty and integrity, and he delivers a powerful message. For far too long we have neglected the plight of our minorities in the GOP, and hopefully picking this man will help to correct some of our mistakes, explaining that this Republican Party is a new Republican Party, ready to enter the 21st Century. Well, I think you know who am I talking about... (Cheers) My running mate is man with whom I shared many experiences in the Bush White House, a man I know and trust very well! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the next Vice President of the United States of America: General Colin Powell!"

"...I am honored to be apart of the ticket and look forward to serving alongside Dan Quayle, the next President of the United States. Vice President Quayle is a man of integrity, he is a man of sound judgment and a man with a plan to lead this country into the 21st century...Now he and I have respect for President Clinton, but America has withered and wasted these past eight years. It is time for a restoration and a rejuvenation of the America spirit and identity. To reclaim the principles that made our country the beacon of hope to the world..."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #339 on: January 01, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »

Republican National Convention, Day Three:
"Powell and the Future"

Tribute to War Veterans, led by Bob Dole and Alexander HaigSad

Soul Singer Kenny Gamble: We need urban renewal in AmericaSad

"Truth is, our cities are decaying. We have to deal with poverty, with polution, with buildings that are too old and yet are still inhabited. I am a very sucessful man when it comes to music, but my greatest sucess was by far helping the poor. In 1993 I founded Universal Community Homes, which has evolved into Universal Companies. It is one of the largest concentrated community development programs in the history of Philadelphia, my home town. To date, it has  completely renovated over 120 homes and developed more than 100,000 square feet of commercial space. That is self reliance. Homeownership is central to the American dream, and Republicans want to make it more accessible for everyone. That starts with access to capital for entrepreneurs and access to credit for consumers. I trust this party to give renewed life to the cites, to make houses affordable, thus increasing our quality of life."

Former Secretary Elizabeth Dole speaks about strength through compassionSad

"Ladies and gentlemen, in my eight years as president of the American Red Cross, I saw things that will haunt me the rest of my life. I saw the evil that humans can inflict on one another, and I saw it in the dim eyes of starving children in Somalia and in the paralyzing grief of parents in Oklahoma City. But I have also been uplifted by the extraordinary power of the American heart, by those armies of compassion, who are willing to cross town or cross the globe to minister to those they've never met and will never see again. Such kindness and generosity are not legislated by any Congress. They arise from faith, neighborliness, and yes, occasional saintliness. Indeed, I learned long ago that you don't have to be a missionary to be filled with a sense of mission. The 20th century was America's century, not because of our power, but because of our purpose. The next president of the United States must defend both America's interests and America's ideals. No one, no one understands this better than Vice-President Dan Quayle."

Governor Frank Keating on keeping America safeSad

"It is time for America to regain its focus. As idle indulgence gives way to a new Republican president in the coming new "period of consequences," the United States can again regain the hope it lost eight years ago. We can restore our country's sense of international purpose and national honor. A Republican president will identify and pursue vital American national interests. He will set priorities and he will stick to them. Under his leadership, the United States will build and secure the peace. Republicans know what it takes to accomplish this: robust military forces, strong alliances, expanding trade, and resolute diplomacy. I witnessed the horror of terrorism as Governor of my state in the Oklahoma bombings, and I fear that our country might be attacked some day. I don't trust Tom Daschle to keep us safe, ladies and gentlemen. But I do trust Quayle/Powell."

Senator Trent Lott: Republican is the way to go!Sad

"We are offering America the real road to the 21st Century! A strong America with a coherent foreign policy, more efficient Education and Healthcare, a tough stance on crime, lower taxes for the middle class and moral leadership on the White House. What's not to like? The other party won't let the potatoe gaffe get away, but the more they use it, the more you know they are losing the argument. America has seen the real Dan Quayle, and they know he will be a terrific President. For the Next Century, Republican is the way to go!"

General Norman Schwarzkopf on the MilitarySad

"Exactly 10 years ago tomorrow Iraq invaded Kuwait. Our commander in chief, President George Bush, declared to the world that we would "not let this aggression stand." We drew a line in the sand and told Iraq to either withdraw its troops or get kicked out. Despite opposition from many in his own Congress, the President almost single-handedly forged a coalition of 40 nations that led to a great victory with minimum casualties. Just as importantly, he restored the American people's confidence in their armed forces and made all of us proud to be Americans. Many of us in this convention fought and helped him to win that war: Colin Powell was instrumental to get the job done, and Dan Quayle fought hard with Congress while he delivered his valuable advice on military affairs. I trust those two to keep this nation safe and reform our military into a lighter and more efficient fighting force."

General Powell's wife, Alma Powell introduces her husbandSad

"I'll be honest with you, I was unsure as to whether I really wanted my husband to run for office. But he felt it was his duty, and deep down I know he was right. His country needs him. We need leaders like him, men of honor, integrity and compassion, men who know what's at stake. I fell in love with this man even before knowing how deep his beliefs were, and these past years have been incredible for both of us. Vice-President Quayle will take him away for some time, but that's okay. I know the man from the Reagan years, and I trust him to be a magnificent President, the same way my husband is going to be one of the greatest Vice-Presidents history has seen. Ladies and gentlemen, I leave you with my husband, Colin Powell!"

Vice-Presidential Speech: Retired General Colin PowellSad

"Mr. Chairman, delegates, I proudly accept your nomination to be Vice President of the United States. I launched my campaign for the Presidency, believing that it was time for a reset, a reset of trust, a reset in economic policy, a reset in leadership. I still believe those things to be true. I still believe that it is time for a new direction for America heading into the 21st century, only today I believe that the person best ready to carry the torch of leadership is Dan Quayle. He is the man to lead the reset, to restore the country's promise of freedom, of opportunity for all, of trust from our leaders at all levels of government...So let us turn to Vice President to lift our eyes to a better, stronger and more prosperous future...the 20th century is know as the American century and rightly it was. Let us not lose our moment, let us not lose that edge, let the 21st century be the second American century so that our children's children and there children will live in an America so strong, so prosperous and free as the one we've grown up in..."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #340 on: January 01, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »

OOC: God, I hate trying to be so detailed! Last day of the convention coming later tonight...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #341 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

Republican National Convention, Final Day:
"All about Quayle"

Dennis Hastert opens final day with Dwayne Johnson, makes an appeal for people to voteSad

"The Rock did an important thing this week. He registered to vote. Voting is the patriotic duty of every American and certainly the cornerstone of our democracy. And so, if you know somebody who hasn't registered to vote and especially young people of this country, especially people who have just turned the age of eighteen, tell them to register today, just like the Rock. Thank you!"

Roll Call: From Iowa to WyomingSad

Lt. Governor Joe Rogers: This is a united party!Sad

"Let's face it, we had our doubts. The idea of a united GOP in this convention seemed difficult a few months ago, but this is mission accomplished! Today you can see all kinds of Republicans: conservatives, moderates, libertarians, hawks, doves, mavericks and even liberals in union, ready to get out and fight so Dan Quayle becomes the next President of the United States of America. This is a united party, and I'm sure that tomorrow we will double our efforts for Quayle/Powell. I failed to sense such an enthusiasm at the DNC, I think they seemed a little bit tired... But after eight years of Bill Clinton, who wouldn't be?"

Former Secretary James Baker: Enough nonsense, time for a Republican President!Sad

"I'm a Texan, ladies and gentleman, a proud Texan. If there's something I hate, that is nonsense. I'm a no-nonsense guy, and I'm tired. I'm tired of hearing nonsense from the White House, nonsense from Bill Clinton, from Al Gore and Tom Daschle. We need a President who is not afraid to speak up, a President who says what he believes, that talks the talk and walks the walk without confusing the entire nation. In other words, we need a truly Republican President! And Dan Quayle is our only choice!"

Lynn Morley Martin speaks about ExperienceSad

"Experience means a lot in politics, it makes a difference. You can do a lot more things if you have been there, if you have been a man with executive, legislative or economical experience. Tom Daschle has experience, but only in Congress, behind the scenes. Dan Quayle has as much legislative experience, but he also has his executive experience as Vice-President, a sucessful record in foreign policy, great results during his years in the private sector, he's been there, and he's tested. Once in a while he makes one or two mistakes, but so what? At least he never lied to the nation while under oath."

John Sununu speaks about QuayleSad

"I'm sure you all remember the late Senator Lloyd Bentsen, a beloved statesman who ran for Vice-President a few years ago. He had some pretty harsh words for Dan at the debate in 88', and twelve years after that I have a response of my own for Senator Tom Daschle, who seems to echo Bentsen when talking about our nominee. (Pause) Senator Daschle! I knew Dan Quayle! I served with Dan Quayle! He was a friend of mine! (Pause, laughter) Senator, you're no Dan Quayle and Blanche Lincoln is no Colin Powell!"

Video Tribute to Quayle, including Public Service and Family Life:Sad

Governor Tom Ridge introduces the Republican NomineeSad

"My friends! I want to welcome to this state and state a man, a man who has been at the center stage of our party for the past twelve years, always fighting for the party and for our values. It hasn't been easy for him, he has faced ridicule, he has faced jokes, he has suffered at the hands of the media. But he never gave up. He kept fighting despite the odds, he served his term as Vice-President, he entered the primary knowing that the odds were against him, he fought some of our best members... And he won! He redeemed himself! He proved to this nation that any man can fight back and win, and it is out turn to celebrate him, to support him, to help him take the White House and lead this nation to a promising future. Ladies and gentlemen, Vice President Dan Quayle!"

Presidential Speech: Former Vice President Dan QuayleSad

"This is the proudest day of my life. I had my share of victories, I unseated Birch Bayh in 1980 in an upset, I faced victory with George Bush in 1988, and a few months ago I won the Iowa Caucus, proving that a man can beat the odds as long as he believes in my cause. And I believe in my cause, ladies and gentlemen, I have strong views, and I fight for them. They call me a social reactionary, and a man who thinks backwards, but that's because they don't understand my message. My message speaks of looking at our society to make a honest appraisal, to see what works and what does not, so we can change and keep. I believe we have to keep our values and our families strong, that we must conserve the environment while giving strength to the economy, that we must lower taxes for the great middle class, that we must preserve the right of a human being to live, that America must be strong, our military more efficient, our leadership moral and decisive, our policy clear for all Americans to understand. Why is it such a bad thing?

My opponent is a good man, a smart man who tries to do what he thinks is best for America. But he is confused. The Democrats speak of change, then they speak about keeping the Clinton legacy. Then they criticize him, and right away they hail him. America needs a President with a clear message and honest leadership, and they need a party willing to help him overcome the challenges. Our rivals, as sucessful as they have been to win to consecutive Presidential elections, have no such clear message. They don't know if they are liberals, progressives, conservatives... They say that our message is wrong, and they lack a message of their own. The American people know that, I toured all fifty states, and in every place I got the same answer.

I ask all American to join me in this effort to bring dignity to the White House, so we can have a better America, an America that is able to look ahead to the 21st Century and recognize that we stand at a truly important point in history. We have achieved a certain degree of leadership of the world, so every single one of our actions will affect the world in which we live for decades to come. I am ready to fight for liberty, for democracy, for values, for honesty, and for a better life for all Americans, regardless of who they are.

Will you help me?
Will you join this effort?

This is our moment, America."

Quayle and his familty celebrate, the Convention becomes a small "victory" partySad

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2014, 07:19:18 PM »

OOC: So... Are we going to the general election now?
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #343 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:35 PM »

Yes, that's right. With stuff to juggle right now, I'll have the update by the end of this weekend.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »

The week of August 18-24 begins now.

Quayle/Powell - 49%
Daschle/Lincoln - 47%
Undecided - 4%

With a much shorter primary season that anyone had anticipated at first, the general election officially stormed its way in the early months of the year. The presumptive nominees of both parties made national tours, making their names known and trying to solidify their bases while also reaching out to undecided voters. The conventions would come in the summer. Dan Quayle chose former opponent Colin Powell, a popular pick across the political spectrum, propelling the ticket to a high single digit lead over Tom Daschle and his running mate, Senator Blanche Lincoln. However, Daschle cut into Quayle's lead and made things back to normal following his convention. Although Quayle has had a lead for most of the year so far, the race is still competitive. How will the campaign develop in August and beyond?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2014, 11:04:10 PM »

Schedule for Blanche Lincoln;

August 18
Rally in Joplin, Missouri (with Dick Gephardt, Mel Carnahan and Kay Barnes)

Dan Quayle may be Conservative, but he's not the right kind of conservative... we need someone who doesn't just preach about Values, but follows through on them, something neither he nor the Republicans in Congress have been doing lately! (scattered applause)

Meet and Greet with voters in Diamond, Missouri

Meet and Greet with Voters in Neosho, Missouri

GOTV/Meet and Greet in Seneca, Missouri

Meet and Greet with voters in Purdy, Missouri

Meet and Greet with voters in Pierce City, Missouri

August 19

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Rainelle, West Virginia

Rally in Ronceverte, West Virginia (With Robert Byrd)
We only ask for strict regulation of fossil fuels, because we want there to be some for future usage... doing the the same to oil from places like Alaska will ensure the there is oil for our country, even after supplies in the Middle East run low.

Meet and greet/ GOTV in Bellington, West Virginia

Rally in Phillpi, West Virginia (With Jay Rockefeller, and Phillipi Mayor Cayton Hill)

We in the Daschle Campaign propose to regulate hunting for precisely the same reason why propose to regulate coal... Like with coal, where the less you burn the more you save for the future, the fewer deer you kill, the more deer there are for you to kill in the future. 

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Point Pleasant, West Virginia

August 20

Rally in Ironton,Ohio

Tom Daschle may not be able to bring back the jobs already lost to Asia and elsewhere in the world, but he will stop further jobs from being lost, if you elect him President!

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Kenova, West Virginia

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Ceredo, West Virginia

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Ripley, West Virginia

Meet and Greet in Mount Hope West Virginia (With Jay Rockefeller and Nick Rahall)

August 21

Meet and Greet/GOTV in St. Albans West Virginia

Rally in Portsmouth, Ohio (With Ted Strickland and Jeff Munn)
Portsmouth, Tom Daschle supports unions... he may see them as a "necessary evil, but I ask you to focus not on the evil part, but on the necessary part. Tom Daschle sees unions as necessary for survival... Dan Quayle? Dan Quayle sees unions as little more than pawns of big business, something that our ticket believes is not healthy for a countries survival   

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Minford Ohio

Rally in Waverly, Ohio
Senator Daschle believes, like Dan Quayle that China is our biggest threat in Asia. What he doesn't agree with is how to deal with the issue... While Quayle believes we need a stick to threaten China, Daschle believes we need a carrot to encourage them to participate in the international community.

Rally in Hillsboro, Ohio
Ohio, This race is competitive, and you likely will decide the winner!!! As such I implore you to vote, for Tom Daschle this November... He is the candidate with the solutions that work for everyone, not just the top-tier of the wealthy.

August 22

Interview with Barbara Walters in Maysville, Kentucky

Walters How do you feel to be the first female VP nominee since Geraldine Ferraro?
Lincoln Feels excellent, and I thank Senator Daschle for the opportunity to run with him win or lose.
Walters Rumor is your stance on same-sex marriage is at odds with Daschle... Will that be a problem going forwards?
Lincoln Why should it be? He's the one who would be making policy as President not me...

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Vanceburg, Kentucky

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Rome, Ohio

Meet and Greet/GOTV in West Union, Ohio

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Milledgeville, Ohio

August 23

Meet and Greet in New Holland, Ohio

Rally in Circleville, Ohio
Circleville your're vote could decide this election... and I'm sure the Quayle campaign will say the same thing... but only one campaign can win and if it isn't ours Ohio loses.   

Rally in Kingsport, Tennessee (With Al Gore)
With the words of Vice-President Gore, I will do my very utmost not only to win, but to be an effective consul and guide for a President Daschle, a voice of reason in a crowded war-room and a voice of sanity in a crazy political landscape

Rally in Sanford, Florida (With Buddy MacKay)

We may be down here, but by no means are we out! We will not just compete in Florida, we will win the Sunshine State and it's electoral votes.

Fundraiser in Apopka, Florida (For Daschle 2000, Nelson 2000 and Carnahan 2000)

August 24

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Altamonte Springs, Florida

Meet and Greet/GOTV in DeLand, Florida

Fundraiser/GOTV at Setson University

Fundrasier/GOTV at Davidson University,Davidson, North Carolina

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2014, 12:19:05 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Schedule for Tom Daschle;

August 18

Rally in Corvallis, Oregon (with Peter DeFazio)

Here in Corvallis, a city that doesn't get the recognition it deserves for it's bike-friendly layout, we have a plan that would require all major (500,000+ population) cities to add at least one bike lane to all streets not marked as parkways or expressways. This plan would cut down on oil consumption, and the scourges of obesity and road rage would also be drastically reduced  

Fundraiser in Pendelton, Oregon

Rally in El Dorado, Arkansas (with Vic Snyder)
In this city of Gold, their is a pot of gold looming atop a very distant rainbow, a small surplus from the Clinton era. The Question becomes what to with that money? While Vice-President Quayle and many Republicans want to offer tax cuts to the rich, I believe that the best approach is to start to pay off the national debt, which despite not being an imminent threat continues to grow in size, and will eventually become a major concern.

Meet and Greet in Turkey Creek, Louisiana (With John Breaux)

August 19
Meet and Greet in Ville Platte, Louisiana (With Mary Landrieu)

Meet and Greet in Wixon Valley, Texas (with Chet Edwards and Lloyd Doggett)

Meet and Greet in Anderson, Texas (With George McGovern)

Meet and Greet in Sour Lake, Texas (With Sheila Jackson-Lee)

Fundraiser at Lamar University, Beaumont Texas

Rally in Frisco, Texas (With Mel Carnahan and Gene Green)

They say this state's a solid R, that we can't even come close... Well Dan Quayle you are going to get the scare of your life this November.

August 20

Rally in Tyler, Texas
They say this state's a solid R, that we can't even come close... Well Dan Quayle you are going to get the scare of your life this November.

Rally in La Crosse, Wsconsin (With Ron Kind)

Wisconsin, you are one of only seven states who, at this moment the election hinges upon.I expect you to use your decisive power wisely... for if you guess wrong it could be curtains for whole careers, and not necessarily yours... anyone's from the IT startup in Palo Alto to factory worker in Columbus... anyone's job could go up smoke if you or the nation as a whole guesses wrong.

Meet and Greet/ GOTV in Appleton, Wisconsin

Fundraiser at Lambeau Field (With Brett Farve)

Voter Registration/GOTV in Racine, Wisconsin

August 21

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Union, Iowa

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Popejoy, Iowa

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Dows, Iowa

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Clarion, Iowa

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Klemme, Iowa

August 22

Voter Registration/GOTV in Taos, New Mexico

Rally in Clovis, New Mexico (With Jeff Bingaman)

While I don't believe extraterrestrials exist, this stage gives me an opportunity to talk about a different kind of alien... an individual who entered this country illegally. The Republicans use rhetoric to make us forget that they are still people, people who saw a better life in our country. As such a measure I would propose as President is that, Illegal immgrants already here are deported... once that is complete we adopt a "trust but, verify" stance with all our immigrants... what this means is there would be no way to enter illegally, without committing a crime or terrorist act once already here.  These are people too, who want a better life. Let's give it to them.

August 23

Begin short international trip

Meet with Ehud Barak in Beer-Sheva Israel

Meet with Tony Blair and Jacques Chirac in London, United Kingdom

August 24
Meet with Vladamir Putin in Moscow, Russia

Return home and attend to Senate work in Washington D.C
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #347 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:23 AM »

Daschle/Lincoln Polling rebooted

National
Daschle/Lincoln 48%
Quayle/Powell 48%

Oregon

Daschle/Lincoln 50%
Quayle/Powell 44%
Undecided/Other 6%

New Mexico

Daschle/Lincoln 47%
Quayle/Powell 47%
Other/Undecided 6%

Missouri

Quayle/Powell 45%
Daschle/Lincoln 41%
Other/Undecided 14%

Arkansas 

Daschle/Lincoln 46%
Quayle Powell 44%
Undecided/Other 10%

Tennessee

Quayle/Powell 47%
Daschle/Lincoln 45%
Undecided/Other 8%

Wisconsin

Daschle/Lincoln 51%
Quayle Powell 45%
Undecided/Other 4%

Ohio
Daschle/Lincoln 48%
Quayle/Powell 47%
Undecided/Other 5%

West Virginia

Quayle/Powell 46%
Daschle/Lincoln 40%
Undecided/Other 14%

Florida

Quayle/Powell 48%
Daschle/Lincoln 46%
Undecided/Other 6%

OOC; I'd really like polls of Florida and Arkansas, please....

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: January 06, 2014, 03:43:18 PM »

Additional Daschle Surrogate Schedules

Bill Clinton;

August 20
Rally in Hot Springs Arkansas (with Mark Pryor, Mike Ross, Beryl Anthony and Ray Thornton)
Tom Daschle made a wise choice in picking Arkansas own, Blanche Lincoln, to serve as his running mate... And while Dan Quayle made just as wise a choice in General Powell, we judge elections by the top of the ticket... and Senator Daschle is more fit to serve than Vice-President Quayle!

Rally in Texarkana, Arkansas (With Vic Snyder and Mike Ross)

It's been a while since I was Governor of this fine State, and in eight years, you haven't changed a bit... now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but Senator Daschle has the experience of also being from a small state. He will represent you and other small states when no one else will.

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Pineville, Missouri

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Forsyth, Missouri

August 22

Rally in Port St. Lucie, Florida (With Bill Nelson and Corrine Brown)
Senator Daschle is the only candidate running who aims to fully protect Social Security... San Quayle? He aims to "invest" in the stock market... and when the stock market goes down, seniors like yourselves will lose millions...

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Cross City, Florida

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Bronson, Florida

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Esto, Florida

August 24

Rally in Lockport, New York (With Hillary Clinton, Dan Patrick Monyihan)

Quayle's been making a push here and with your help we'll turn him back. After all this is a city that worked the Erie Canal, of course you could find it in your minds to vote for Senator Daschle.

Meet and Greet/GOTV in Wantagh, New York

Meet and greet/GOTV in Freeport, New York (With Carolyn MacCarthy)

Voter Registration/GOTV in Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York

Voter Registration/GOTV in Bedford Stuyvestant (with Edolphus Towns)

Patty Murray;

August 23

GOTV/Voter Reg in Seattle, Washington (All day)

August 24

Rally in Portland Oregon

Oregon, the Choice is yours... Dan Quayle the man who disappeared from the political scene for eight long years, and will be beholden to far right in his party... Or Tom Daschle, a man who's been active, fought to split the middle and won't be beholden to either faction on either side!

GOTV/ Voter Registration in San Fransisco, California (With Dianne Fienstien and Nancy Pelosi)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #349 on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:41 PM »

Powell Campaign Schedule: August 18-24

August 18: New Hampshire
-Rally in Concord, NH with Sen. Judd Gregg, Sen. Bob Smith, Rep. Charlie Bass and Rep. John Sununu
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Town Hall in Dover, NH
-Rally in Jackson, NH with Sen. Gregg
-Rally in Manchester, NH with Mayor Raymond J. Wieczorek
-Interview with WMUR Channel 9

Powell Campaigns in NH
"Dan Quayle is a man of integrity, a man of honor and a man of steadiness. I can think of no better person to lead this great country into the 21st century. We're a nation that aspires to great feats and Dan and I are ready to take that charge and usher in a new era of peace, innovation and prosperity for this country."

August 19: New Mexico
-Rally in Santa Fe, NM with Gov. Gary Johnson and Sen. Sen. Pete Domenici
-Speech to College Students at the University of New Mexico
-Town Hall in Taos, NM with Sen. Pete Domenici

August 19: Nevada
-Rally in Carson City, NV with Gov. Guinn and Sen. Ensign
-Rally in Henderson, NV with Gov. Guinn and Sen. Ensign
-Rally in Reno, NV

August 20: Oregon
-Rally in Portland, OR with Sen. Gordon Smith
-Town Hall in Salem, OR
-Town Hall in Forest Grove, OR
-Interview with KPTV
-Town Hall in West Linn, OR

August 21: West Virginia
-Barnstorming West Virginia
-Interview with WSAZ
-Rally in Charleston, WV with Gov. Cecil Underwood

Powell in West Virginia

August 22: Ohio
-Rally in Columbus, OH with Gov. Bob Taft, Sen. Mike DeWine, Sen. George Voinovich
-Rally in Toledo, OH with Gov. Bob Taft
-Rally in Dayton, OH with Sen. Mike DeWine and Sen. George Voinovich
-Town Hall in Springfield, OH with Rep. John Boehner
-Town Hall in Eaton, OH
-Rally in Port Clinton

August 23: Ohio
-Town Hall in Maumee, OH
-Rally in Canton, OH
-Speech to College Students at Ohio State University
-Town Hall in Athens, OH
-Town Hall in Warren, OH
-Rally in Cincinnati, OH with Gov. Bob Taft, Sen. Mike DeWine and Sen. George Voinovich

August 24: New York
-Taping an Interview with Meet the Press

Russert: Do you think about the historic nature of your candidacy?

Powell: Surely I am aware of it. I am also aware of Senator Lincoln's candidacy. We truly live in a diverse country where this could happen. These candidacies underscore how far our country has progressed and will continue to progress. Though we live in a colorblind society, or at least we should, where judge and vote for people on qualifications. 
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies