How Inbreeding Kills Civilization
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:35:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  How Inbreeding Kills Civilization
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Inbreeding Kills Civilization  (Read 1053 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »

http://jaymans.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/an-hbd-summary-of-the-foundations-of-modern-civilization/

Discuss.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:15:26 AM »

I'm not reading that link. You are linking to perhaps the most infamous "scientific" racist blog on the web. The words 'hbd' are a dead give away.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »

I'm not reading that link. You are linking to perhaps the most infamous "scientific" racist blog on the web. The words 'hbd' are a dead give away.

Really? The proprietor says "a person of color who grew up in the American inner city", Jamaican-American, politically "very liberal" and "an atheist."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »

Yeah, that post ascribes the effects of social memes to human genes.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 07:00:38 AM »

Really? The proprietor says "a person of color who grew up in the American inner city", Jamaican-American, politically "very liberal" and "an atheist."

So what? There do exist Jamaican-American uraban atheist liberal racists.

When that's said I looked into post, and while quite interesting, let start with where he really make mistakes. North Europe, you know the supposed centre of rise of modern industrial civilisation didn't have laws against 1st cousin marriages (in fact it was relative comment), while Iberia the part of western Europe which developed slowes was very active in avoiding inbreeding (the monarchy excepted).
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

You do realize what 'hbd' is?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »

"here be dragons"?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »

Human diversity?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2013, 04:23:04 PM by ilikeverin »

...some of the maps are pretty?  Though?  Maybe?

Yeah, this is garbage.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »

This is a new low for Beet, then.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »

Oh please, give me a break. This guy impressed me with his knowledge and ability to weave interesting theories. I didn't say I agreed with it (I don't). I didn't know what "HBD" was all about. I merely stumbled across this blog after being linked to from this blog post, and then went on to explore the site further. The original linking blog post is a white guy who is living in Korea, so there's no reason to suspect he would link to a racist blog. I mean, if you were a racist or okay with racism why would you go live in a country where almost everyone is a different race than you? Plus, as I noted above, the guy claims to be a liberal person of color.

Yes, the blog made some claims based on genes but that by itself doesn't make it racist. It's not positing some innate difference between the races, rather the effect of some race-neutral mating behavior. I don't see how that's different than when people explain human psychological traits based on "evolutionary tactics" which seems to happen in every mainstream article on pop psychology (which is one of my pet peeves, btw). So, now that I've had more time to explore the HBD stuff, I agree it's racist and I'll stop linking to it in the future. But I think people have a tendency to assume the worst from me when sometimes I just post something (or say something) being mildly provocative and I'm not being entirely serious.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies