2016: Hillary Clinton/Julian Castro (D) vs. Orly Taitz/Todd Akin (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: Hillary Clinton/Julian Castro (D) vs. Orly Taitz/Todd Akin (R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2016: Hillary Clinton/Julian Castro (D) vs. Orly Taitz/Todd Akin (R)  (Read 7694 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »
« edited: August 29, 2013, 10:47:05 PM by IceSpear »

Welcome to Election Night 2016. Today, regardless of the results, we will have our first female president of the United States. Hillary Clinton has been on cruise control and gaining support from Republicans and conservatives all across the nation since the insurgent Orly Taitz overtook Chris Christie and Marco Rubio in the Republican primaries. After a fiery convention in which many delegates refused to participate, Orly Taitz was nominated along with her vice presidential nominee, former Missouri congressman and US Senate candidate Todd Akin.

Our latest poll of the race shows Hillary Clinton leading Orly Taitz 58-30, with the Libertarian ticket of Ron Paul/Gary Johnson garnering 11% of the vote, the strongest third party showing since Ross Perot. It is worth noting, however, that the Taitz campaign has accused us of fabricating poll numbers and has filed a cease and desist motion in the courts. Is she right? Can Taitz pull off the upset? The first polls close now, and we have many results to share with you.

In Indiana, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Vermont, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Virginia, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner

In Georgia, it is TOO EARLY to call, but Hillary Clinton is in the lead
In Kentucky, it is TOO EARLY to call, but Hillary Clinton is in the lead
In South Carolina, it is TOO CLOSE to call

The current electoral vote map is 27 electoral votes for Clinton/Castro, 0 for Taitz/Akin. You need 270 to win.

And now for the Senate...

In South Carolina, the projected winner is Senator Tim Scott (R).
In Vermont, the projected winner is Senator Pat Leahy (D).

In Georgia, it is TOO EARLY to call between Congressman John Barrow (D) and former Congressman Paul Broun (R), but John Barrow is in the lead.
In Indiana, it is TOO CLOSE to call between the rematch of Senator Dan Coats (R) and former congressman Brad Ellsworth (D). Will Clinton's coattails help Ellsworth in the state?
In Kentucky, it is TOO CLOSE to call between Senator Rand Paul (R) and former governor Steve Beshear (D). This had been a dogfight of a race, as Paul has been raising millions ever since his colleague Mitch McConnell went down in defeat to the now Senator Grimes in 2014.

The Senate at this hour is still unchanged, 50 Democrats, 2 Independents, and 48 Republicans.*

(* - I'm assuming Dems lose WV/SD/MT/AR in but won KY in 2014)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:07:41 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2013, 10:48:13 PM by IceSpear »

Let's bring in Donald Trump, campaign manager of the Orly Taitz campaign to comment on these numbers.

Anchor: Hello Mr. Trump, what do you think about these early returns?

Trump: I think you're making premature calls, and the networks will have egg on their face just like they did in 2000. We feel very good about our chances in Virginia, and we're hearing good things from the Indianapolis suburbs. Look, I know the liberal media hates all patriotic Americans, but how about counting the votes before you give these fancy shmancy "projections"?

Anchor: But Mr. Trump, our projections are based on...

Trump: AND, this is the same liberal media that has let the Kenyan stay in the White House without investigating his birth certificate. The birther revolution tidal wave will wash over America tonight, and there's nothing you can do about it. YOU'RE FIRED!

Anchor: Well, ladies and gentleman...that was Donald Trump, the Taitz/Akin campaign manager. Let's go to my colleague for some samples of our exit polling.

Anchor 2: Well, these exit polls are very interesting. Hillary Clinton seems to have won every demographic besides voters who say their number 1 issue is "deporting Obama back to Kenya". The Taitz/Akin campaign has won those voters 97-3. Unfortunately, they only make up 4% of the overall electorate. Back to you.

Anchor: Thank you very much. We're going to take a short break. When we return, polls close in Ohio, West Virginia, and North Carolina. Stay tuned for our projections.

Polls have just closed! Here is what we can announce.

In North Carolina, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner.
In Ohio, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner.

In West Virginia, it is TOO EARLY to call, but Hillary Clinton is in the lead.

The current electoral vote tally is 60 for Clinton/Castro, 0 for Taitz/Akin. You need 270 to win.

In North Carolina, Roy Cooper (D) is the projected winner, defeating incumbent Senator Richard Burr (R).
In Ohio, it is TOO CLOSE to call between incumbent Senator Rob Portman (R) and his Democratic challenger Richard Cordray (D).

The current Senate is 51 Democrats, 2 independents, and 47 Republicans. So far, a pickup of 1 seat for the Democrats in North Carolina.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2013, 10:49:16 PM by IceSpear »

Ohio...now that's a very big win for the Hillary Clinton campaign. Let's bring in Sen. Sherrod Brown to comment on the results tonight, along with the still too close to call Senate race in the state.

Anchor: Hello Senator, how are you?

Brown: Very good. It's a great night to be a Democrat.

Anchor: *Laughing* I'm sure it is. So Hillary Clinton is the projected winner in Ohio, called the moment the polls closed, what do you think of this?

Brown: It's not surprising. The Republican Party has gone so far out of the mainstream. While Hillary Clinton was talking about the economy and healthcare, the Republican candidates were talking about birther lawsuits and legitimate rape. It's very clear which party cares about the concerns of the average American.

Anchor: Do you think this is the end of the Republican Party?

Brown: No, I don't. However, I do think it is the end of the far right's grip on the Republican Party, which is a good thing for both them and our country as a whole.

Anchor: Well said Senator. What do you think of the outstanding Senate race in your state?

Brown: Well, Rich Cordray is a great candidate and I believe he will win. We've been campaigning together for the past few weeks and I can sense a lot of enthusiasm...

Anchor: Senator, I have to let you go, because we have a call to make.

Based on our exit polling and the early returns, we can project Hillary Clinton will win the state of Georgia, lengthening her electoral vote lead to 76-0.

In addition, we can call the Georgia Senate race for John Barrow (D), who has defeated Paul Broun (R), which is a Democratic pickup. He will replace the retiring Senator Johnny Isakson (R).

The current Senate is 52 Democrats, 2 independents, and 46 Republicans. Gain: D+2

To comment on these results, let's bring former speaker of the House, from Georgia, Newt Gingrich.

Anchor: Hello Mr. Gingrich, how are you?

Gingrich: I'll be honest with you, not very good.

Anchor: Well...it must be sobering to lose a state such as Georgia.

Gingrich: It is, it really is...the Republicans need to stop being the stupid party. Orly Taitz, Todd Akin, and Paul Broun couldn't be elected dog catcher.

Anchor: *Laughing*

Gingrich: It's true! I remember seeing a poll just a few days ago showing that Chris Christie or Marco Rubio would've beaten Hillary by at least 5 points in Georgia. But instead we're losing. And losing bad. This is an absolute disaster for the Republican Party, and I guarantee there will be a lot of soul searching after this election.

Anchor: Thank for you for joining us, Mr. Gingrich.

At 8 PM, polls close in over a dozen states. After a short break we will share our projections with you. Stay tuned!
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »

wtf
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:22:09 PM »

holy f***ing christ
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 11:24:13 PM »

Hahaha, love this. How did Orly get nominated? She was born in the USSR.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:40 PM »

"If Obama did it, so can we"
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »

I assume that's the tagline from the call and response section of Sarah Palin's historic keynote address?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 12:14:04 AM »

I assume that's the tagline from the call and response section of Sarah Palin's historic keynote address?

No, Palin wasn't invited to the convention because she wasn't conservative enough.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 12:24:06 AM »

It is now 8 PM, and we have a giant batch of poll closings. Here are all of the projections we can make at the moment.

In Connecticut, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Delaware, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Washington, D.C. Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Florida, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Illinois, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Maine, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner. She will carry all 4 electoral votes.
In Maryland, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Massachusetts, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Missouri, home state of Taitz's vice presidential nominee Todd Akin, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In New Jersey, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Oklahoma, Orly Taitz is the projected winner, winning her first state all night.
In Pennsylvania, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner
In Rhode Island, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner

In Alabama, it is TOO EARLY to call, but Orly Taitz is in the lead
In Mississippi, it is TOO CLOSE to call
In Tennessee, it is TOO EARLY to call, but Hillary Clinton is in the lead

In addition, we can make another call from a state that has previous closed. Hillary Clinton is now the projected winner in the state of West Virginia.

This makes the current total 220 electoral votes for Hillary Clinton, and 7 electoral votes for Orly Taitz.

As you can see from this map...it's nearly impossible for Orly Taitz to overcome Clinton's lead, barring major surprises in Clinton's home state of New York or the Democratic bastion of California. However, we do not want to discourage voting. If the polls are still open where you live, your vote counts. There are many Senate, House, Gubernatorial, and even state legislature elections where your vote will make an impact.

Now let's go to the Senate...

In Alabama, the projected winner is Sen. Richard Shelby (R).
In Connecticut, the projected winner is Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D).
In Illinois, the projected winner is Lisa Madigan (D), defeating incumbent Senator Mark Kirk (R).
In Maryland, the projected winner is Chris Van Hollen (D), replacing the retiring Barbara Mikulski (D).
In Missouri, the projected winner is Jay Nixon (D), defeating the incumbent Senator Roy Blunt (R).
In Pennsylvania, the projected winner is Joe Sestak (D), defeating the incumbent Senator Pat Toomey (R).

In Florida, it is TOO CLOSE to call between Sen. Marco Rubio (R) and the Democrat Alex Sink (D).
In New Hampshire, it is TOO CLOSE to call between the incumbent Kelly Ayotte (R) and her Democratic challenger Carol-Shea Porter (D).

The current Senate is 55 Democrats, 2 independents, and 43 Republicans.

Let's bring in Dick Morris, Republican pollster to comment on these results:

Anchor: Hello Mr. Morris, how are you?

Morris: I'm good, very good!

Anchor: What do you think of these results?

Morris: Ya know, I'm very optimistic for Orly. I think she's gonna win by a landslide. Just look, she's already carried the state of Oklahoma, while some liberal pollsters were calling it a tossup state. That's very bad news for Hitlery, I mean Hillary. And if Hillary is so dominant, why has Kentucky not been called? Taitz ahead in Alabama...it's looking good for us. And look at this, if Taitz carries Utah and Nebraska's 3rd district, which she's expected to, she will already have more electoral votes than Mondale did in 84. That's very bad news for Democrats and liberals.

Anchor: Thank you very much for your insight, Mr. Morris. Let's bring in the Democratic Senator from Missouri Claire McCaskill to discuss the results in her state and her own race against the VP nominee Todd Akin.

McCaskill: It's wonderful to be here. I just want to say, Missouri proved tonight that what we care about is not hurting women and filing frivolous lawsuits, but putting Americans back to work and helping them live better lives.

Anchor: Senator, what do you think of the vice presidential nominee Todd Akin?

McCaskill: Well...*laughing*. Let's just say, women have a way of "shutting that whole thing down".

Anchor: *Laughing*. On that note, we're going to a break. When we return, polls close in Arkansas. Stay tuned.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:43 AM »

Polls have just closed in Arkansas, and we can project that Hillary Clinton has won the state of Arkansas.

We can also project that former governor Mike Beebe (D) has defeated incumbent Sen. John Boozman (R). After Arkansas' delegation was 100% Republican after 2014, the pendulum appears now to be swinging the other way.

In addition, we can project another Senate race. Dan Coats (R) has held onto his seat against Brad Ellsworth (D) in the state of Indiana.

The current Senate is 56 Democrats, 2 independents, and 42 Republicans.

Let's bring in retiring Republican Senator John McCain to hear his take on the election tonight.

Anchor: Hello Senator, how are you?

McCain: I'm good, thank you.

Anchor: Why do you think the election is going this poorly for the GOP?

McCain: You know, I've always been a maverick. So I'm going to be a maverick again on national television by saying this. Republicans need to wake up. We had very good nominees running for president. But because Orly Taitz was the only one talking about the issues important to the GOP base, she ended up winning. And you know...

Anchor: But you endorsed Hillary Clinton, did you not?

McCain: I did.

Anchor: Have you been getting a lot of flack for that decision?

McCain: No, not really. Everyone knows that Orly Taitz is a whacko-bird. I don't know anybody who supports her.

Anchor: Thank you for joining us Sen. McCain.

McCain: My pleasure.

And with that, we have more calls to make. In the presidential race, we can project that Hillary Clinton has won the states of Kentucky and Tennessee. In addition, we can project that Orly Taitz has won the state of Alabama. The current electoral vote tally is 245-16.

When we return, polls close in over a dozen more states, and we suspect the presidential race will have a resolution. Stay tuned, as history will be made very soon.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »

This is stupid.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 11:57:18 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 12:48:01 AM »

Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States. We're projecting her as the winner in the states of Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska's 2nd district, New Mexico, New York, and Wisconsin. Orly Taitz is the winner in Nebraska's 3rd district. Ron Paul is the projected winner in the state of Wyoming.

In Kansas, Nebraska statewide, Nebraska's 1st district, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Texas, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Louisiana, it is TOO EARLY to call with Hillary Clinton in the lead.

It is pandemonium right now at Hillary Clinton campaign headquarters. But it should be noted that the Taitz/Akin campaign refuses to conceed, citing voter fraud in key swing states such as Mississippi and Texas. Our correspondents within Taitz headquarters tell us she has filed a suit in the courts, and the crowd there is still very much in good spirits. From Shirley Phelps-Roper, the Taitz' campaign manager in Kansas, she states: "We are still in good spirits and are confident we can win Kansas and this election. Also, God hates fags!"

And there you have it folks. The current electoral vote tally is 336-17-3.

Again, we'd like to emphasize that this election is not over. There are still many races across the nation where your vote will be potentially decisive. But for now, we are projecting that Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States. We're hearing that she will be speaking in 30 minutes, despite the fact that Taitz has yet to concede and has shown no signs of being willing to do so. According to the Republican vice presidential nominee, Todd Akin, he is quoted as saying: "If it's a legitimate election, the electorate knows how to shut that whole liberal thing down. So I'm confident we can still win."

Let's take a look at the crowd celebrating in New York City on this historic night.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 01:14:14 AM »

It is now 9:45 PM, and Hillary Clinton has just delivered her acceptance speech. That will be one for the record books folks. However, before we bring in our panel to discuss the significance of this night, we have a backlog of calls which we need to let you know about. In the presidential race, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner in the state of Louisiana, lengthening her electoral vote lead to 344-17-3.

In the Senate:

In Arizona, the projected winner is Gabrielle Giffords (D), defeating Joe Arpaio (R) and replacing the retiring Sen. John McCain (R).
In Colorado, Michael Bennet (D) is the projected winner.
In Kansas, Jerry Moran (R) is the projected winner.
In Louisiana, David Vitter (R) is the projected winner.
In New York, Chuck Schumer (D) is the projected winner.
In North Dakota, John Hoeven (R) is the projected winner.
In South Dakota, John Thune (R) is the projected winner.
In Wisconsin, the projected winner is Russ Feingold (D), in a 2010 rematch, defeating the incumbent senator Ron Johnson (R).

In addition, we can now project that Rand Paul (R) will hold onto his seat against former Democratic governor Steve Beshear (D) in the state of Kentucky.

The current Senate is: 58 Democrats, 2 independents, 40 Republicans. So far, a gain of 8 seats for the Democrats, a large victory, no doubt driven by the poor performance at the top of the GOP ticket. It is still TOO CLOSE to call in the Senate races in New Hampshire, Ohio, and Florida.

In addition, we can project that Democrats will win control of the House of Representatives, with Nancy Pelosi presumably regaining the gavel that she lost in 2010. Although hardly any analysts thought this would be possible, the equation changed once the GOP nominated Orly Taitz, and it was seen as a definite possibly going into the night. We can project that the Democrats will control anywhere from 221 seats to 233 seats, a net swing of anywhere from 20 seats to 32 seats.

When we return, polls close in Iowa, Montana, Utah, and Nevada. Although the presidential race is done, there are very interesting Senate races in Iowa and Nevada. Stay tuned for continuing coverage of Election Night 2016.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »

It is now 10 PM, and here are the projections we can make.

In Iowa, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner.
In Montana, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner.
In Nevada, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner.
In Utah, Orly Taitz is the projected winner.

The electoral vote is now 359-23-3.

Now for the Senate...

In Iowa, Dave Loebsack (D) is the projected winner, defeating Steve King (R), to replace the retiring Chuck Grassley (R), another gain for the Democrats.
In Nevada, it is TOO EARLY to call between Dina Titus (D) and Joe Heck (R), who are in a race to replace the retiring senator Harry Reid (D). However, Dina Titus is in the lead.
In Utah, the projected winner is Mike Lee (R).

In addition, we can now project that in Ohio, Rob Portman (R) has held onto his seat against his Democratic challenger Richard Cordray (D). Many people did not think he would find enough crossover vote to do so, but he appears to have accomplished that feat according to our projections.

The current Senate is 59 Democrats, 2 independents, and 39 Republicans. So Democrats will have a filibuster proof majority even without the Independent Angus King. And as we already have said, Democrats will now control the House of Representatives. This is truly a great night for the Democrats, and I think most people would agree the Republicans brought it on themselves. To comment on this, let's bring in former RNC chairman Michael Steele for his input.

Anchor: Hello Mr. Steele, how are you?

Steele: Well, it's not a great night to be a Republican.

Anchor: I'm sure. What is your reaction to these results tonight?

Steele: You know, every time we nominated someone like Dole, McCain, Romney, the far right would always screech after we narrowly losed about how if he only listened to them, we'd win in a landslide. And finally, they got their way. They threw their temper tantrum, and what did it get them? The biggest landslide since 1984. I think that speaks for itself.

Anchor: How did it get to this point, Mr. Steele? I mean, even just a few years ago it seemed impossible for someone like Ms. Taitz to even get a fringe party nomination, much less a major party nomination.

Steele: I think you can trace it to two events: one, when Boehner passed immigration reform. And then again when he took impeachment off the table. Due to these things, he was defeated by Louie Gohmert for the speakership in 2015. I think this also was a big factor in Republicans losing the House tonight, even though the thought was ludicrous only a few short years ago.

Anchor: What do you think will happen as a result of this election?

Steele: I don't think this is a permanent rejection of Republicans. However, I do think it is a permanent rejection of the far right. I think this night will start the process of a much long overdue move to the center for the Republican Party. I'm hoping we can work with President-elect Clinton to help every American family.

Anchor: Thank you for joining us, Mr. Steele.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 01:46:24 AM »

Welcome back, we have a few results to share.

In South Carolina, we have a projected winner. Clinton leads Taitz 48-46 with 95% of the vote counted, and we can now project, based on the outstanding precincts, that Hillary Clinton will carry the state of South Carolina.

In addition, we can project that Dina Titus (D) will win the Senate seat in the state of Nevada, which is a Democratic hold, and the only competitive Democrat held seat going into this election. The current Senate remains unchanged at 59 Democrats, 2 independents, and 39 Republicans.

We're getting news that Orly Taitz has scheduled an announcement and she will begin speaking any minute. It is not known if she will concede or what she will announce, but here we go to Taitz headquarters.

Taitz: My friends...my friends...

Crowd: BOO! THEY STOLE THE ELECTION! WE LOVE YOU ORLY!!!

Taitz: My friends, it's time to admit...that the DEVILCRATS STOLE THIS ELECTION FROM US!

Crowd: YEAH!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Taitz: We have several documents PROVING that voter fraud was widespread through this whole country, and we will take our case all the way to the Supreme Court if need be!

Crowd: *thunderous applause*

Taitz: Of course, the RINOs in the Republican Party such as Sarah Palin, George W. Bush, Karl Rove, former speaker Gohmert, Michele Bachmann, and Rush Limbaugh have called on me to concede. But isn't that what they're best at? Conceding? No! It's time to FIGHT!

Crowd: YES!!!! DON'T LISTEN TO THEM ORLY!!!

Taitz: I won't listen! These are the same people who refused to investigate the Kenyan's activity in the White House! His fake birth certificate! Or Hillary's murder of Vince Foster! I won't give up. Stand with me, together we will win! I will take my case to the electoral college, show them Hillary's crimes, and they will have no choice but to change their vote!

Crowd: WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anchor: Well...ladies and gentleman, that was Orly Taitz...refusing to concede. However, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner by a wide and comfortable margin, so make of it what you will. When we return, the poll closings at 11 PM. Stick around for more results at the top of the hour.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 05:56:04 AM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »

What, would you guys not know who to vote for?

I'd be interested in reading a Republican version of this. Say...Chris Christie/Jon Huntsman vs. Cynthia McKinney/Anthony Weiner?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »

It is now 11 PM, and we have more projections we can share.

In California, the projected winner is Hillary Clinton
In Hawaii, the projected winner is Hillary Clinton
In Oregon, the projected winner is Hillary Clinton
In Washington, the projected winner is Hillary Clinton

In Idaho, it is TOO EARLY to call, but Ron Paul is in the lead

In addition, we can now say that Hillary Clinton is the projected winner in the states of North and South Dakota, where the polls closed at 9 PM.

The current electoral vote tally is 452 for Clinton/Castro, 23 for Taitz/Akin, and 3 for Paul/Johnson.

In Mississippi, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska's 1st district, and Nebraska statewide, it is still TOO CLOSE to call. Polls in Alaska have yet to close.

In California, the projected winner is Barbara Boxer (D).
In Hawaii, the projected winner is Brian Schatz (D).
In Idaho, the projected winner is Mike Crapo (R).
In Oregon, the projected winner is Ron Wyden (D).
In Washington, the projected winner is Patty Murray (D).

In addition, we can project that Kelly Ayotte (R) has held onto her seat in New Hampshire against her Democratic challenger Carol-Shea Porter (D).

The Senate at this hour remains unchanged from our last update.

59 Democrats, 2 independents, 39 Republicans. The Senate race in Florida between incumbent Senator Marco Rubio (R) and his challenger Alex Sink (D) remains TOO CLOSE to call.

Although we have yet to mention these, there are several governors races going on throughout the country tonight. We will update you with everything we know about them.

In Delaware, the projected winner is Beau Biden (D), taking over for the term-limited Jack Markell (D).
In Missouri, the projected winner is Robin Carnahan (D), taking over for governor and now Senator-elect Jay Nixon (D), defeating the Republican Sarah Steelman (R).
In Montana, Steve Bullock (D) is the projected winner.
In New Hampshire, Maggie Hassan (D) is the projected winner.
In North Carolina, Mike McIntyre (D) is the projected winner, defeating incumbent Republican Pat McCrory (R).
In North Dakota, Jack Dalrymple (R) is the projected winner.
In Utah, Gary Herbert (R) is the projected winner.
In Vermont, Peter Shumlin (D) is the projected winner.
In Washington, Jay Inslee (D) is the projected winner.

In Indiana, it is still TOO CLOSE to call between incumbent Mike Pence (R) in a 2012 rematch against John Gregg (D).
In West Virginia, it is still TOO CLOSE to call between secretary of state Natalie Tennant (D) and the Republican candidate Bill Maloney (R). This is to replace the term-limited Earl Ray Tomblin (D).

The current governorships are 26 for the Democrats and 24 for the Republicans.

Let's take another look at our exit polls.

Anchor 2: These are very interesting. The partisan breakdown of this election appears to be 41% Democrats, 35% Independents, and 24% Republicans. Quite a fall in party identification for the Republican Party. In terms of candidate preferences:

Democrats: 96% Clinton, 4% Paul, 0% Taitz
Independents: 55% Clinton, 32% Taitz, 13% Paul
Republicans: 75% Taitz, 14% Paul, 11% Clinton
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »

I can see Akin being a future GOP nominee... NOT Tatiz
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »

It is now 12 AM, and we can make some projections.

In Idaho, the projected winner is Ron Paul.

In the Indiana governor's race, the Democrat John Gregg has defeated the incumbent Republican Mike Pence. The current governors are now 27 for the Democrats and 23 for the Republicans.

The races that still remain outstanding:

In Mississippi, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Kansas, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Nebraska's 1st district, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Nebraska statewide, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Texas, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Alaska, polls close at 1 AM.

In the Senate:

In Florida, it is still TOO CLOSE to call between Marco Rubio (R) and Alex Sink (D).
In Alaska, polls have yet to close, in a race between incumbent Lisa Murkowski (I), former governor Sarah Palin (R), and perennial candidate Frank Vondersaar (D).

In the governor's race in West Virginia, it is still TOO CLOSE to call between Natalie Tennant (D) and Bill Maloney (R).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »

It is now 12:49 AM on the east coast and we can make a call that will stun the political world. Texas has gone for Hillary Clinton, who leads Orly Taitz 49-44-7 with 64% of the vote counted. However, our decision desk has analyzed the state and we can project that Hillary Clinton and her Texan running mate Julian Castro will carry the state of Texas.

The current electoral vote tally is 490 for Clinton/Castro, 23 for Taitz/Akin, and 7 for Paul/Johnson.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »

Polls have just closed in Alaska, and here is what we know:

In the presidential race, it is TOO CLOSE to call between Hillary Clinton and the Libertarian Ron Paul.

In the Senate race, Lisa Murkowski (I) is the projected winner, defeating former governor Sarah Palin (R) with the tacit endorsement of the state Democratic Party. The current Senate at this hour is 59 Democrats, 3 independents, and 38 Republicans. However, Sanders/King have pledged to caucus with the Democrats while Murkowski has pledged to caucus with the Republicans, making the chamber essentially a 61-39 Democratic advantage.

And here is where we end our live coverage for election 2016. To recap the results which have yet to be called:

In Alaska, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Mississippi, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Kansas, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Nebraska's 1st district, it is TOO CLOSE to call.
In Nebraska statewide, it is TOO CLOSE to call.

In the Florida Senate race, it is TOO CLOSE to call between Marco Rubio (R) and Alex Sink (D).

In the West Virginia governor's race, it is still TOO CLOSE to call between Natalie Tennant (D) and Bill Maloney (R).

Have a good night, and stay tuned for our continuing coverage of Election 2016.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »

It is now 10 AM, and we have several winners which we could not project last night.

In Mississippi, Orly Taitz is the apparent winner, leading Hillary Clinton 47-46 with 99% of the vote counted.
In Kansas, Hillary Clinton is the projected winner, leading Orly Taitz by 45-42.
In Nebraska's 1st district, Hillary Clinton is also the projected winner.

In Alaska, it is still TOO CLOSE to call, with Ron Paul having a 35-34 advantage over Hillary Clinton with 82% of the vote counted.
In Nebraska statewide it is still TOO CLOSE to call, in a dead heat 44-44-12 between Clinton and Taitz.

In the Florida Senate race, Marco Rubio is the apparent winner, with around a 10,000 vote lead on Alex Sink with 99% of the vote counted. This keeps the Senate at 59 Democrats, 3 independents, and 38 Republicans.

In the West Virginia governor's race, Natalie Tennant (D) is the projected winner, defeating Republican Bill Maloney (R) by about 3,000 votes. This keeps the governorships at 27 Democrats, 23 Republicans.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies