Which pair of senators would make a cute couple?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:42:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which pair of senators would make a cute couple?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which pair of senators would make a cute couple?  (Read 823 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »

So the senate is like a very small private high school. Who should get together, or you know, just hook up under the Capitol steps?

Kirsten Gillibrand and Martin Heinrich- The beautiful couple. They're arguably the hottest male and female senators. They would be the picture perfect jock/cheerleader pair.

Amy Klobuchar and Sherrod Brown- The fun couple. I get a playful, quirky vibe from both of them. They wouldn't be the most glamorous couple but they would be a lot of fun to hang out with.

John McCain and Kelly Ayotte- The power couple. These two would be the head of every club and committee and would stay together just because they're the only two people who understand each other's need to be a high achiever. Straight laced and NO pda.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders- The nerdy couple. One is too brainy to be popular and the other is too eccentric to be cool, but once they find each other it's magic. They probably met in the library or the sci-fi club.

PolitiJunkie

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »

So the senate is like a very small private high school. Who should get together, or you know, just hook up under the Capitol steps?

Kirsten Gillibrand and Martin Heinrich- The beautiful couple. They're arguably the hottest male and female senators. They would be the picture perfect jock/cheerleader pair.

This was gonna be the democratic ticket in the 2016 timeline I started but got bored of, in which they narrowly defeat Rubio/Ayotte in 2016 but win reelection in a landslide in 2020 over Cruz/Walker. And it would be a great ticket, though I'd probably prefer Sherrod Brown to Martin Heinrich. Anyway great thread idea.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »

Warner and Heintekempt, Collins and Kirk, Begich and Murkowski. Mary Landrieu and one of the Udalls. Most of them fit ideological wise.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »

McCain & Graham. Adding in Lieberman for an orgy would be great too.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »

Another one...

Tammy Baldwin and Barbara Mikulski- the ambiguously lesbian couple. Come on Barbara, you may deny that you and Tammy hook up at your "sleepovers" but we all know what's up.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »

I can totally see Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp being the kids from the farmland (or trailer park), that only feel comfortable around each other.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:18 PM »

Angus King and himself already make a good couple, and this comes from someone who likes Angus King thus far Tongue
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:21:51 PM »

I can totally see Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp being the kids from the farmland (or trailer park), that only feel comfortable around each other.

Good pair! The farm kids who moved to the big city.

I was trying to pair up Heidi Heitkamp with someone as well. She strikes me a big, bold, brash woman in every sense of the words but I imagined her with a senator who's her polar opposite- someone a little more reserved and low key- maybe Al Franken (in his Stuart Smalley phase)
hopper
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »

Amy Klobuchar and Sherrod Brown- The fun couple. I get a playful, quirky vibe from both of them. They wouldn't be the most glamorous couple but they would be a lot of fun to hang out with.

John McCain and Kelly Ayotte- The power couple. These two would be the head of every club and committee and would stay together just because they're the only two people who understand each other's need to be a high achiever. Straight laced and NO pda.

Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders- The nerdy couple. One is too brainy to be popular and the other is too eccentric to be cool, but once they find each other it's magic. They probably met in the library or the sci-fi club.

Kelly is to young for McCain.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies