Minneapolis in the early morning is beautiful
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:11:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Minneapolis in the early morning is beautiful
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis in the early morning is beautiful  (Read 535 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

Something I've never noticed before. But my bus came back at 5:50AM, it was still dark outside with the moon visible, as I walked back to my place though (about 30 minute walk) the sun rose, it got lighter, the moon was still there, and there was something eerily surreal about the whole thing and how it felt "off". The sun in the wrong location (I see lots of sunsets but not rises), the moon still being in the sky, and most importantly how empty and deserted everything was. Basically no one in downtown, and while walking back I only caught a few early morning joggers and bikers. Strange.

But hey good to be back. Good to wake up in my own bed, to have changed clothes, and to have taken a shower. Alas we lost, the Chicago Resistance isn't on the level of the Twin Cities Resistance, but the next operations are coming.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 06:30:08 PM »

I'm curious to read where you were in Chicago. I was in the city part of the day and the weather was gorgeous.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »

PPOR
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »

I enjoy waking up and leaving at 6:00 AM for a lengthy walk around my city. You nailed it, the streets are empty, some shops are just opening, and the weather is always just right. It is the best part of the day.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »

I'm curious to read where you were in Chicago. I was in the city part of the day and the weather was gorgeous.

Started at that park with the Columbus statue and kept gradually moving north. Ended at the Magnificent Mile. After event was at a bar called Public Square. Weather might've been kind of nice,  but quite hot. And I was walking the whole time.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2013, 08:52:24 PM by muon2 »

Started at that park with the Columbus statue and kept gradually moving north. Ended at the Magnificent Mile. After event was at a bar called Public Square. Weather might've been kind of nice,  but quite hot. And I was walking the whole time.

I probably drove right by your group just before noon. I spent the morning at the Adler Planetarium just south of there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »

I enjoy watching the sunrises in Oklahoma City.  There's something about a brand new day that God created.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10:02 PM »

Started at that park with the Columbus statue and kept gradually moving north. Ended at the Magnificent Mile. After event was at a bar called Public Square. Weather might've been kind of nice,  but quite hot. And I was walking the whole time.

I probably drove right by your group just before noon. I spent the morning at the Adler Planetarium just south of there.

The game ran noon to 4, though my schedule was basically arrive at 9AM, met up with the rest of the Minneapolis crew eating breakfast at a restaurant called Yolk near Union Station, and then headed out to the park just before noon. All on foot of course. I never got to sit down between leaving the restaurant and making it to the bar.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »

Really, early morning if you're well and truly awake has some beauty anywhere outside.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies