Party idea, two right wing parties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Party idea, two right wing parties
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Party idea, two right wing parties  (Read 3893 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »

Libertarian and Conservative. There seems to be conflict between these two wings of the Federalist Party. Federalists, what do you think?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »

Libertarian and Conservative. There seems to be conflict between these two wings of the Federalist Party. Federalists, what do you think?

Not a Federalist, but this sounds like a grand idea. Wink
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »

What conflict? The libertarian and conservative wings get along pretty well...
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »

No. Having a unified right is what is best for Atlasian politics.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »

What conflict? The libertarian and conservative wings get along pretty well...
It's not a huge conflict, but I'm referring to what JCL was talking about.

Edit: I guess it's not really a conflict considering the above post.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 11:03:10 AM »

We have enough crap to handle without having our votes split.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 11:04:27 AM »

We've already done this (RPP, Populares), now let's enjoy a unified right-wing.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »

You will find that we are smart enough to see through this ploy. Tongue

I do wish we'd be there for each other a little more though. I'll do what I can myself on this front, but it's up to the leadership to address this issue. Certainly the moderates should not take for granted the support of the far-righters.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »

You will find that we are smart enough to see through this ploy. Tongue

I do wish we'd be there for each other a little more though. I'll do what I can myself on this front, but it's up to the leadership to address this issue. Certainly the moderates should not take for granted the support of the far-righters.
This is not just me trying to split the vote, as that doesn't happen under our voting system. When Nix was elected, the left was divided into four parties, while the right was unified.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »

It is an interesting proposal, but I'm more likely than not to vote for a libertarian over a leftist.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »

There is no need for a split between libertarians and conservatives. As Goldwater said, we're getting along very well. Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »

Those pesky Jehovahs Witnesses are at my door again!!!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »

Those pesky Jehovahs Witnesses are at my door again!!!

I don't think I've ever articulated just how much this makes me giggle. Cheesy

Also, I think two right-wing parties would be a fabulous idea! After all, they're not the rag-tag bunch of heathens that they once were.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 03:07:27 PM »

It would also once again give some power to those currently in the Federalist Party who consistently get steamrolled time and time again by the majority of so-called "conservatives" in elections for mushy moderate candidates who've been playing way too long. It's great to win, but pretty pointless if you don't elect anyone who bothers to articulate a belief system of substance. At least JCL takes the time out to articulate his own ideas and not just chime in on what others are doing. People like him would have more bargaining power if they would stop automatically giving their votes to the watered-down, over-sized Federalist Party.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

Griffin, I feel deeply flattered by your sudden interest in the well-being of Atlasian conservatives. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »

Griffin, I feel deeply flattered by your sudden interest in the well-being of Atlasian conservatives. Smiley

Believe it or not, there's actually some genuine sentiment behind it. Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »

Yes, Griffin, that's a great idea. It'd not like a party of people who are "too conservative" for the Federalists would never win elections or anything like that. Roll Eyes
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »

Yes, Griffin, that's a great idea. It'd not like a party of people who are "too conservative" for the Federalists would never win elections or anything like that. Roll Eyes

They said the same thing about Labor, until you know, we actually organized. The Federalist Party - probably even with the most extreme elements removed - would still be larger than Labor at this point. This whole "poor poor pitiful right/we can't compete" dialogue is a tad dated at this point.

They'd be able to force you guys into accommodating them - lest you want to lose their votes and thus, elections. It's about not them winning: it's about them using their power to ensure that the status quo right doesn't take them for granted and thus elects some of them in the process.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »

It's quite evident that this is an attempt to drive a wedge between different groups within the Federalist Party. I can't even blame you for that - you are part of the Labor Party leadership so weakening our party is in your interest - but it's fairly obvious what you're trying here.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »

It's quite evident that this is an attempt to drive a wedge between different groups within the Federalist Party. I can't even blame you for that - you are part of the Labor Party leadership so weakening our party is in your interest - but it's fairly obvious what you're trying here.

I can assure you that if I were still in leadership, this GOTV wouldn't look like it does. Wink

Of course I'm trying to drive a wedge in, but that does not mean that what I am saying is not true. You're an ideologue, yourself: how does it feel to have to constantly water down your selection and positions (when they're actually articulated) for no good reason? It's not the Whig Party anymore. I keep hearing about this unified right - a unified right can elect whatever type of candidate it wants to at this point. There's no reason you guys couldn't have elected JCL & Maxwell, and you know it. Continue on this path and you'll beat the new merger going on in the other thread for the title of Liberal 2.0. You'll win elections but you'll accomplish jack-shit in terms of conservative governance.

The far-right in this party needs to make its voice heard and demand representation. If it can't succeed in that, then it should take its votes elsewhere.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

We are having fruitful internal debates on questions like these, don't worry.

What I can certainly say at this point is that you and other representatives of your party are doing a good job at unifying the Federalist Party even more.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »

What I can certainly say at this point is that you and other representatives of your party are doing a good job at unifying the Federalist Party even more.

Oh, sweetie, we've been doing that for you guys for a looong time. Kiss Though I'm glad you admitted that half of the organization of the Federalist Party is due to the Labor Party; most movements in this game are nothing but anti-Labor action. Do keep in mind, though, that this discussion was not started by any of us. Still, how could I resist weighing in? Cheesy
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »

I can assure you that if I were still in leadership, this GOTV wouldn't look like it does. Wink

Of course I'm trying to drive a wedge in, but that does not mean that what I am saying is not true. You're an ideologue, yourself: how does it feel to have to constantly water down your selection and positions (when they're actually articulated) for no good reason? It's not the Whig Party anymore. I keep hearing about this unified right - a unified right can elect whatever type of candidate it wants to at this point. There's no reason you guys couldn't have elected JCL & Maxwell, and you know it. Continue on this path and you'll beat the new merger going on in the other thread for the title of Liberal 2.0. You'll win elections but you'll accomplish jack-shit in terms of conservative governance.

The far-right in this party needs to make its voice heard and demand representation. If it can't succeed in that, then it should take its votes elsewhere.

Here's the issue Griffin: the party doesn't decide who we're going to elect. We don't sit down and try to rig elections on behalf of two of our candidates at the expense of a third. We have some degree of GOTV obviously, but the party isn't telling people whom to vote for beyond listing our candidates. The candidates themselves sometimes tell people whom to vote for naturally Wink, but the party isn't going to carve ourselves into nice little factions and tell people, okay now this group vote for JCL and this group vote for Maxwell, and have no one vote for Tmth because, apparently he's the type of nebulous moderate we need to purge ourselves of in case we are ever in danger of winning elections. Maybe Labor runs itself like the Soviet Gulag, but the Federalists do not.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »

I must say I find it wonderfull that this concern for having the right get its voice heard to have developed amongst people on the left, a group whose approach for a long time was on driving such people like Pingvin and JCL out and if not that then discrediting them at every turn as a means of ostracizing them.

And this sounds an awfull lot like the line that Hamilton used when he created the ARC, only then it was a claim that we were screwing the Libertarians over at every turn in the RPP, which considering who our candidate for President twice over was at that point, it stood out as a dubious claim at best.

At least JCL takes the time out to articulate his own ideas and not just chime in on what others are doing.

I quite agree, the "chiming in" to kill an important piece of legislation last week by that establishment Federalist administration was just dreadfull, oh wait.... Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 04:11:39 PM »

Oh, sweetie, we've been doing that for you guys for a looong time. Kiss Though I'm glad you admitted that half of the organization of the Federalist Party is due to the Labor Party; most movements in this game are nothing but anti-Labor action. Do keep in mind, though, that this discussion was not started by any of us. Still, how could I resist weighing in? Cheesy

Conservatism by defintion is defined by the actions of the left that it is reacting to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies