CO-Quinnipiac: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) continues to be in trouble
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Quinnipiac: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) continues to be in trouble
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CO-Quinnipiac: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) continues to be in trouble  (Read 3058 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:12:52 PM »

46% Hickenlooper
45% Tancredo

47% Hickenlooper
42% Gessler

47% Hickenlooper
40% Brophy

Do you approve or disapprove of the way John Hickenlooper is handling his job as Governor?

48-44 approve

Do you feel that John Hickenlooper deserves to be reelected, or do you feel that he does not deserve to be reelected?

45-48 does not

Is your opinion of John Hickenlooper favorable, unfavorable or haven't you heard enough about him?

49-42 favorable

Is your opinion of Tom Tancredo favorable, unfavorable or haven't you heard enough about him?

34-30 favorable

Is your opinion of Scott Gessler favorable, unfavorable or haven't you heard enough about him?

16-15 favorable

Is your opinion of Greg Brophy favorable, unfavorable or haven't you heard enough about him?

10-4 favorable

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President?

41-56 disapprove

From August 15 - 21, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,184 registered voters with a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-centers/polling-institute/colorado/release-detail?ReleaseID=1942
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

I'm gonna be honest here. I don't believe this poll. After reading Tom Tancredo's and Obama's numbers, they just seem... way off.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »

How can Hickenlooper be in trouble with a fairly robust approval rating?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

I'm very skeptical that Tancredo could even get close, especially after getting just 36% in 2010, which was low, even considering Maes still being in the race.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 01:04:41 PM »

CO voters could be temporarily pissed about the legislative push by the Democrats in the state (guns, gays, pot etc.) and Hick's death penalty decision not to execute some guy.

But there's still a lot of water running down the Colorado river until election day next year and once Tancredo gets exposed as a right-wing nut in the debates, Hick will be comfortably ahead again by 5-10 points (also because of the Latinos).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »

I think Hickenlooper is vulnerable - Personally, I'd like to see Brophy get the nomination. I think he's much stronger in a GE than Tancredo.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

Outlier:

I'm gonna go ahead and call this one an outlier.  Quinnipiac often shows Republicans overperforming (see: CT 2010, 2012), and the demographic shifts of the state are going too be too much for Tancredo and other Republicans to overcome, especially by 2014.

My gut puts this race in Lean D territory.

Skeptical:

Fools gold, but of course Republicans will act like Tancredo is up by 20 or something.

History repeats itself, eh.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »

Outlier:

I'm gonna go ahead and call this one an outlier.  Quinnipiac often shows Republicans overperforming (see: CT 2010, 2012), and the demographic shifts of the state are going too be too much for Tancredo and other Republicans to overcome, especially by 2014.

Skeptical:

Fools gold, but of course Republicans will act like Tancredo is up by 20 or something.

1. You're quoting something we said about a poll over two months ago.
2. This is yet another Quinnipiac poll, so this doesn't really "confirm" anything.  I would put more stock into these numbers if another pollster came out with similar results.

Of course, you're not actually trying to make a point.  I know that trolling just happens to be your forte, hence why you're one of the most disliked posters here.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

Outlier:

Skeptical:

Do you save people's posts just to use them later? You have no valid point here, none whatsoever, you are just trolling.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »

Not worried. He'll come back to earth when Tancredo winds up to be a nutjob. Likely D.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »

Lean D. I would personally like to see Hickenlooper kicked out after signing gun control. Hopefully he realizes that his state isn't New York and he'll be more reasonable for now on, I can see him dipping or improving depending on how he does his job as governor for the next year.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 03:18:34 PM »

I'm very skeptical that Tancredo could even get close, especially after getting just 36% in 2010, which was low, even considering Maes still being in the race.

You have to remember he was running on a third party line and in 2010 you had a lot of people just checking the box for all the Republicans most likely and therefore Maes ended up over 10%. There was also probably some effort to get him to that level so that the GOP's ballot access would not be jeopardized, which was a very grave concern in 2010 when Tancredo became the defacto GOP candidate.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »

Considering how popular Hickenlooper was not so long ago, he should never be in this position.  What happened?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »

CO and OH are bellwethers.  The Dems need only one of them combined with some smaller states to win in prez yr. I guess we can see neither one is perfectly safe as we see Hillary struggling in CO as well.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »

In recent years, Colorado Democrats have typically organized GOTV activities that close the election. Democrats have been well organized in Colorado in recent years and I expect much the same in 2014.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »

Has James Holmes' name been floated by CO Republicans yet?  I think he could be a serious challenger in the general.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 02:06:55 PM »

Has James Holmes' name been floated by CO Republicans yet?  I think he could be a serious challenger in the general.

Dude, I'm disappointed about the resultslast nite too but that's kinda below the belt.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »

Tancredo, in this after the fact PPP poll, is tied with Hickenlooper in the ~40% Hispanic Pueblo district.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »

Dude, I'm disappointed about the resultslast nite too but that's kinda below the belt.

Yeah, I know, it probably was.  I guess certain posters have been rubbing off on me. Tongue
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 01:06:17 AM »

Has James Holmes' name been floated by CO Republicans yet?  I think he could be a serious challenger in the general.

F**k off, that's sick
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 11:09:54 AM »

Haha:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »

Considering how popular Hickenlooper was not so long ago, he should never be in this position.  What happened?

He got too ideological and passed bills that really upset the independents.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 04:41:24 PM »

Conservatives and libertarians seem to be really upset that a Democratic governor here actually pushed a democratic agenda and got stuff done. What's the point in being elected in the first place if you're not going to try and change things for the better?

I'd rather be a one-term governor that got a lot of stuff done than a two-term governor who didn't do anything out of fear of upsetting some yellow avatars from across the country.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »

Conservatives and libertarians seem to be really upset that a Democratic governor here actually pushed a democratic agenda and got stuff done. What's the point in being elected in the first place if you're not going to try and change things for the better?

I'd rather be a one-term governor that got a lot of stuff done than a two-term governor who didn't do anything out of fear of upsetting some yellow avatars from across the country.

Exactly. That's why Nancy Pelosi will be hailed in the future as one of the best House Speakers ever while people like Boehner will be simple footnotes.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »

The problem with this is that the democrats always complain about republican governors pushing their agenda in the same way. The D's calling them extremists and what not, maybe he's just pushing his agenda too. I don't really care what anybody calls "extreme" or "radical" or the definition that they give, there doing the same thing regardless of what people think. McCrory of North Carolina is a good example lately. So I don't think anyone should complain about complaining on the other side.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies