Does Political Correctness increase racism in America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does Political Correctness increase racism in America?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does Political Correctness increase racism in America?  (Read 3233 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 01:16:29 AM »

I'm ashamed to admit that I frequently engage in "profiling" right here on this very forum.  For example, when I saw the thread title, I was certain that it must be a Naso thread.  Now that I've seen that it isn't, I feel like a NYC cop who's just stopped and frisked a black man, only to realize that he's carrying neither guns nor drugs.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »

I'd say that it decreases racism over time and increases the amount of anger in those who cannot be converted. It's the byproduct of overt racism losing the battle over the role of race in this country. It's supposed to taste sour for some.

I get the impression that some believe that the lack of political correctness as a common courtesy would either lead to a world in which no verbal or written acknowledgment of race produces a utopia of equality, or that the simple hush-hush of such affairs will allow for further (and/or increased) discrimination to occur without incident. The former just seems too good to be true.

Oh well, the country's gonna be majority-brown in 50 years so better hope those PC values are still around to keep everyone from forcing all these (future) old white grandpa libertarians to spend 1/3 of their monthly government entitlement check to get a 256-megabyte encrypted, 4D ID to vote  
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »

I feel like the more we continue to label and divide people into these 'groups', the more issues we are going to have with race.

And, would you mind to explain, what IS (according to you) political "correctness"? Because I have a hard time understanding what you mean by it.

Political correctness is regulated speech which doesn't offend Democrats.

Regulated by whom? Does not offend which Democrats? How does it relate to the original statement? Seems nonsensical  to me still.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 03:00:09 PM »

Mods pls rename thread to: "Straight white male: 'Why do people make such a big deal about race???'" thx

Can you take your hateful views somewhere else please, we all know you're racist, no need to provide us with more evidence.

Are you insisting on him being politically correct?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 07:16:10 PM »

I feel like the more we continue to label and divide people into these 'groups', the more issues we are going to have with race.

And, would you mind to explain, what IS (according to you) political "correctness"? Because I have a hard time understanding what you mean by it.

Regulated by whom? Does not offend which Democrats? How does it relate to the original statement? Seems nonsensical  to me still.

It's regulated by the Democratic Party and falls on deaf ears.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 12:52:59 PM »

"It’s never my fault someone gets offended. Always their fault for being a pussy"

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »

"It’s never my fault someone gets offended. Always their fault for being a pussy"

Yeah, people with that attitude are horrible.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 02:38:11 PM »

Or maybe it's your fault for being a dickface.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »

How exciting it is to learn something new! Which office in the Democratic Party is in charge?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »

How exciting it is to learn something new! Which office in the Democratic Party is in charge?

It's more exciting for it to fall on deaf ears.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies