What US states (and counties) have you been to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:09:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What US states (and counties) have you been to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What US states (and counties) have you been to?  (Read 52041 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 15, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
« edited: August 15, 2013, 11:52:49 AM by Torie »

My state map is rather boring since I've been in all but three states and that adds up to 524 EV. However, here's my county map. Red counties have been my places of residence, blue are places I've stayed the night, cyan includes visited destinations, green are places in passing including meal and gas stops, and yellow is airport only.

My states of residence total 149 EVs.

Wow, that map must have taken a lot of time. And I'm impressed with your memory. You really remember every county that you drove through, and counties in which you spent the night? And you certainly have scoured Iowa pretty thoroughly. Do corn fields particularly fascinate you? And what did you visit in Madison County, Iowa? The covered bridges and John Wayne's birthplace? If so, you saw my great parents' historic home next to the birthplace to the west on John Wayne Drive, and drove by the farm, if you drove south from Winterest on Clark Tower Road (the farm is off to the west as soon as you start going down the hill to the Middle River, and you go right through the middle of the Cunningham field right after you cross the bridge over the Middle River going south, with the balance of the farm to the west right after you cross the bridge over the Middle River, with the Middle River its southern boundary (the Middle River bends south after you cross the bridge, before turning east-west again as you move to the west).

Does training count? I've taken the train from LA to Chicago as a little kid. Anyway, I've been to every state now except ND and Alaska. I finally got around to going to Maine last year (which I loved).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »

All of them except Alaska and North Dakota. Picked up my 48th state, Delaware, last summer, when Dan and I drove to Mathews County, VA to visit where the Dunn clan began in the US in the 18th century, which from the Hudson Valley took us through Delaware briefly.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 06:19:21 PM »

Been everywhere but Alaska and ND. Slept everywhere else but WV, Alabama, CT, Delaware, and RI. Have lived in CA, Illinois and MI (collecting degrees), and NY. NJ too if our flat in Hoboken (the most beautiful city in America) counts. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies