What US states (and counties) have you been to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:10:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What US states (and counties) have you been to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What US states (and counties) have you been to?  (Read 52014 times)
kcguy
Romania

« on: April 07, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »

I just came back from my first big train trip, so I've added that to my map.

[Also, here's some advice.  If you go to visit someone in April and you e-mail them in January, follow up in March, so they don't forget you're coming.  And make sure the wife has told the husband in the first place.  And if you're going to text the husband out of the blue that you've arrived in town, asking him to leave his office to come pick you up works better when it's not April Fools' Day.]

Anyhow, here's my map:

Red = lived (I substituted Roanoke County, when I actually lived in the City of Salem)
Blue = slept there in a building
Green = visited or passed through
Yellow = layover / never left the airport

kcguy
Romania

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:30 PM »

The visited islands in TX seem strange. Were those really both cases of fly in for the day and fly out later?

Yes.  I went through a phase in my career when I was doing a lot of short business trips.  The trip near Waco included a visit to a potential building site and a meeting with the city government.  We were in and out the same day.

Something similar happened with suburbs near Dallas and Denver.

Also, I once drove up with the groom's family to a wedding at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.  The round trip was close to 20 hours (I think), but it was all done in one day.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »

The visited islands in TX seem strange. Were those really both cases of fly in for the day and fly out later?

Yes.  I went through a phase in my career when I was doing a lot of short business trips.  The trip near Waco included a visit to a potential building site and a meeting with the city government.  We were in and out the same day.

Something similar happened with suburbs near Dallas and Denver.

Also, I once drove up with the groom's family to a wedding at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival.  The round trip was close to 20 hours (I think), but it was all done in one day.

Brutal drive. I've done 1200 when I was in my 20's and 30's but nothing that long since.

I take it that the Dallas trip was through Love Field, since otherwise you were in Tarrant, too.

I don't remember, but I'm guessing I flew through DFW.  I'll add Tarrant to any future maps.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 03:44:27 PM »

Updating my travels.

This summer, I took a 3-day driving trip, and I added Wisconsin and the Dakotas to the list of states I've visited.

In September, I went to New Jersey and flew into JFK for the first time, so I increased my number of NYC boroughs from 1 to 4.

(In NYC, I was surprised that you can see the Manhattan skyline all the way from Canarsie.  Specifically, from where the Belt Parkway crosses Paerdegat Basin.)

kcguy
Romania

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 10:45:19 AM »

Thanks to the eclipse, I added a few counties in southern/southeastern Missouri.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies