Apartheit regime establish 1200 new settlement homes on native's land
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:16:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Apartheit regime establish 1200 new settlement homes on native's land
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apartheit regime establish 1200 new settlement homes on native's land  (Read 895 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »

I have decided to learn from dead0man

You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:40:49 PM »

I would <snip> that down a bit so as not to break copyright laws.

...and I don't think Israel should be adding settlements in disputed land.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »

...all this thread shows is that ingemann neither knows how to spell 'apartheid' nor does he understand what it means.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 10:28:12 PM »

Disgusting and illegal, but that's 90% of Israel's actions for you.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:15:48 AM »

This is decision is idiotic on so many aspects. I honestly question Netanyahu's desire to reach an agreement.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:57:31 AM »

I honestly question Netanyahu's desire to reach an agreement.

I think we can go beyond than "questioning" it.
RedPrometheus

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:28:40 AM »

...all this thread shows is that ingemann neither knows how to spell 'apartheid' nor does he understand what it means.

Agreed.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »

People who complain over spelling errors, are people who lack other arguments. For some reason it doesn't surprise me that you're one of those people.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2013, 11:00:06 AM by Hnv1 »

People who complain over spelling errors, are people who lack other arguments. For some reason it doesn't surprise me that you're one of those people.
I'll answer then. As a member of what people in Israel describe the 'radical left' I happen to be in the west bank quite a often. Among the things that annoy me are the times when the European latte-left decides to depict the conflict in black&white. I protest the occupation and work hard on establishing the concept of peace in the Israeli society, I'm against the methods of the military occupation but I can not accept simplified terminology in this conflict. I dislike people who claim every Palestinian militiaman a terrorist and dislike every European latte-leftist calling this apartheid (whilst acknowledging the many dreadful and inhuman aspects of the occupation). The situation in this neck of the woods is far from simple and arguing about it (on both sides) without understanding the real aspects of this conflict is foolish.
So don't use terms like apartheid and genocide to freely, like most things in life the conflict is neither black or white, it is mostly in spectrum of grey. Judging this conflict solely using your western understanding of the world is false
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:24 AM »

I'll answer then. As a member of what people in Israel describe the 'radical left' I happen to be in the west bank quite a often. Among the things that annoy me are the times when the European latte-left decides to depict the conflict in black&white. I protest the occupation and work hard on establishing the concept of peace in the Israeli society, I'm against the methods of the military occupation but I can not accept simplified terminology in this conflict. I dislike people who claim every Palestinian militiaman a terrorist and dislike every European latte-leftist calling this apartheid (whilst acknowledging the many dreadful and inhuman aspects of the occupation). The situation in this neck of the woods is far from simple and arguing about it (on both sides) without understanding the real aspects of this conflict is foolish.
So don't use terms like apartheid and genocide to freely, like most things in life the conflict is neither black or white, it is mostly in spectrum of grey

The apartheid comment was a joke against deadoman tendency to use declare Arab soldiers for army dudes and every dead arab a bad guy.

As for whether Israel is a apartheid, I would lean very heavily to no, Israel do have some very negative aspects, but the non-Jews who live inside the borders of Israel are citizens with voting rights, even if much of Israeli law are set up to discriminate against some groups of non-Jews. As for understanding the conflict I understand it, I just don't care much about it one way or another, except for the ways it spill over effect us outside the area. Personal I think the best solution would simply be to stop for upkeeping the Palestinian "state", while at the same time boycot Israel (including for USA to cut the support to Israel). That would likely force both side to set down and find a compromise, and if not; it really wouldn't effect us anymore.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »

The apartheid comment was a joke against deadoman tendency to use declare Arab soldiers for army dudes
The English is a little garbled there, but I think you're complaining that I call Arab soldiers "army dudes".  I call EVERY soldier "Army dude" thankyouverymuch.
That's obviously false.  Perhaps you only read what you want to read?

but nice attempt at humor using "apartheit"...that has got to be a difficult task.  Like rape jokes.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »

The apartheid comment was a joke against deadoman tendency to use declare Arab soldiers for army dudes
The English is a little garbled there, but I think you're complaining that I call Arab soldiers "army dudes".  I call EVERY soldier "Army dude" thankyouverymuch.
That's obviously false.  Perhaps you only read what you want to read?

but nice attempt at humor using "apartheit"...that has got to be a difficult task.  Like rape jokes.

It's like dead baby jokes, the only people who don't like them, is people without humour.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 01:13:52 PM »

Oh I enjoy dead baby jokes, and rape jokes, holocaust jokes, pedo jokes...and even apartheid jokes.  They just need to be funny Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies