Missouri Rodeo Clown Dresses as Obama, Crowd goes Crazy.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:09:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Missouri Rodeo Clown Dresses as Obama, Crowd goes Crazy.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Missouri Rodeo Clown Dresses as Obama, Crowd goes Crazy.  (Read 7063 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
« edited: August 11, 2013, 07:14:59 PM by retromike22 »

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/08/11/rodeo-clown-dresses-as-president-obama-at-mo-state-fair/

“Just prior to the start of the bull riding event, one of the clowns came out dressed in this,” the posts says, referring to the photo. “The announcer wanted to know if anyone would like to see Obama run down by a bull. The crowd went wild. He asked it again and again, louder each time, whipping the audience into a lather. One of the clowns ran up and started bobbling the lips on the mask and the people went crazy.”

I'm scared.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »

I'm sure all these people are just patriots who disagree with Obama's economic and foreign policies.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »

Is that supposed to look like Obama?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »

I'm not saying it's right, but aren't all Presidents mocked by the people on the "other side"?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 07:55:36 PM »

This has been going on since the days of George f[inks]ing Washington. Quit being crybabies and get over it. It was funny; you act like these people want to kill the man, who by the way, has not been the target of any serious or even close to serious assassinations attempts, unlike the last four Presidents before hi.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 08:13:12 PM »

This has been going on since the days of George f[inks]ing Washington. Quit being crybabies and get over it. It was funny; you act like these people want to kill the man, who by the way, has not been the target of any serious or even close to serious assassinations attempts, unlike the last four Presidents before hi.

Uh, about that...

Also, the level of bigotry and rude behavior against Obama is more than Bush ever got.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 08:22:15 PM »

As we all know, President Obama is a 8-9 dark shade black man with huge lips and horse teeth that cause his overbite.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

Surprise!

People dislike Obama because of his background.

In other news

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »

Uh, about that...

Also, the level of bigotry and rude behavior against Obama is more than Bush ever got.
So, let me get this straight-two drunken idiots trying to build a "death ray" is just as serious or more serious, than say, a man in Tbilisi, Georgia throwing a live hand grenade at President Bush? Or more serious than a man flying a small Cessna plane into the White House lawn to kill Bill Clinton? Or Iraqi agents placing a car bomb at an event in Kuwait where George H.W. Bush was speaking? Or a madman shooting Ronald Reagan to impress Jody Foster? None of the threats on that Wikipedia article were serious, and no real attempt on Obama’s life has been made. Trust me, I have been to Tea Party rallies. A lot of people there are older, and are scared by the Kennedy assassination. They hate Obama’s guts, but can’t fathom his assassination. And if the more “redneck” elements of the Tea Party who really, really hate the guy are so “dangerous”, why hasn’t one of them taken a shot of at him?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »

I'm sure if you dressed as a hated white politician (say Nancy Pelosi) and asked them if they would like to see her run over by a bull they would've reacted the same way.

I'm sure all these people are just patriots who disagree with Obama's economic and foreign policies.

Exactly.

Before we even get to domestic opponents, Bush was actually the subject of a serious assassination attempt once, which hasn't happened to Obama. Bush's domestic opponents failed to acknowledge his legitimacy (while neither of Obama's elections were challenged), attempted  to impeach him in 2007 (which has never happened to Obama), and Bush's intelligence was mocked during his term far more than Obama's has been. Bush received way more sh**t than Obama has.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »

barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »

Uh, about that...

Yea on opposite day.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:50 PM »

Uh, about that...

Yea on opposite day.
Obama has been the receiver of a lot of racial hatred, which is to be expected since he is the first Black President. But on a general scale, he is much more liked and respected than George Bush ever was, or Bill Clinton for that matter.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »

This has to happened in the Ozarks......rubes hate  Obama.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 11:20:23 AM »

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/08/11/rodeo-clown-dresses-as-president-obama-at-mo-state-fair/

“Just prior to the start of the bull riding event, one of the clowns came out dressed in this,” the posts says, referring to the photo. “The announcer wanted to know if anyone would like to see Obama run down by a bull. The crowd went wild. He asked it again and again, louder each time, whipping the audience into a lather. One of the clowns ran up and started bobbling the lips on the mask and the people went crazy.”

Purely an expression of frustration at Bengazi, I'm sure.

Rep. Caleb Rowden, R-Columbia, tweeted “I don’t agree w/ this Prez on many things. But he is deserving of respect and shouldn’t be the object of political stunts. Out of line!”

Right on. Especially at a publically-funded state event!
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »

Uh, about that...

Try for a moment to google bush monkey.

I thought Bush was a complete joke, and one of the worst American presidents, but I think it's ridiculous to say that the guy wasn't mocked at least as bad as Obama.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »

Yeah, but that's different....somehow.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »

Yeah, but that's different....somehow.

Obama never had the courage and leadership to ask the all important question: Is our children learning?
t_host1

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »

Purely an expression of frustration at Bengazi, I'm sure.

Rep. Caleb Rowden, R-Columbia, tweeted “I don’t agree w/ this Prez on many things. But he is deserving of respect and shouldn’t be the object of political stunts. Out of line!”

Right on. Especially at a publically-funded state event!

Respect! one must earn it first!

Obama is receiving what he dishes out; all of his speech tours are a comic format of ridicule and jokes of the resistance to him and his policies. He and his follower’s idea that because he won the election no one else has a say in the governing of all is the joke; he, Obama, should be and, is, the receiver of what he sows.

I heard a news clip somewhere that the clown or the announcer was fired. The story now turns to who these guys are and what is ahead for them, always something to look forward too, kind da like the Joe the Plumber saga, maybe a J Lino segment would be great.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 05:03:46 PM »

I think the problem here is that it "feels" racist. I think the lip moving thing makes it so, but without it it just "feels" racist without actually being racist, even if racism is behind the stunt.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »

Who cares? Let the rednecks have their fun.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »

I just watched a video of it and the crowd seemed pretty indifferent to the whole thing. The only guy who seemed really excited by it was the commentator.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »

attempted  to impeach him in 2007 (which has never happened to Obama),

Uh ... false?  Like I'm sure Kucinich or some other loon might have put in a bill, but there was absolutely no real movement among Democrats to try to impeach Bush.  On the other hand, half of the Tea Party representatives have openly tossed around the idea of impeaching Obama.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

Uh ... false?  Like I'm sure Kucinich or some other loon might have put in a bill, but there was absolutely no real movement among Democrats to try to impeach Bush.  On the other hand, half of the Tea Party representatives have openly tossed around the idea of impeaching Obama.

Dennis Kucinich and Robert Wexler introduced articles of impeachment against Bush, which no Tea Party representatives have yet done. And don't tell me elected officials didn't openly toss about the idea of impeaching Bush: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_George_W._Bush#Political_views_and_actions
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 11:26:33 PM »

Dennis Kucinich and Robert Wexler introduced articles of impeachment against Bush, which no Tea Party representatives have yet done. And don't tell me elected officials didn't openly toss about the idea of impeaching Bush: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_George_W._Bush#Political_views_and_actions

In the sense that Kucinich was an elected official, you are correct.  But you're blind if you think the "movement" to impeach Bush was bigger than the "movement" to impeach Obama.  Most Tea Party congressmen will openly discuss it, even if they aren't allowed to bring forth bills to do it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies