Right-wing militia practically takes over Pennsylvania town:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 05:55:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Right-wing militia practically takes over Pennsylvania town:
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Right-wing militia practically takes over Pennsylvania town:  (Read 799 times)
Cory
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »

http://politicalblindspot.com/media-blackout-militia-is-holding-pennsylvania-town-hostage/

Welcome to Gilberton, Pennsylvania, where men with loaded guns, propping up a suspended police chief accuse all other citizens of being “tyrants”. It is a place where men with Swastika tattoos claim the “other people” are the Nazis. What, didn’t you hear about this on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, or really anywhere else? Isn’t NPR even interesting in this story? For whatever the reason, no one is touching this. Perhaps the Federal government fears a stand off and doesn’t want this to snowball, or inspire other towns with similar demographics to go the same route. Whatever the reason, this is a true case of media blackout. Here’s what’s going on…

Gilberton, Pennsylvania is a small borough which is currently living under the constant threat of terroristic violence. Armed men block the entrance to public meetings. Public officials openly threaten every member of society who holds a different political view than they do, and councilmen are strip searched and arrested without cause if they don’t fall in line with prevailing opinions.

Anyone who tries to fire the Police Chief is be forced to live in fear of retaliation from a militia of armed terrorists. Pennsylvania police chief Mark Kessler is the head of a political organization which refers to itself as “The Constitution Security Force.“Kessler was recently given a thirty day suspension, for using police property as props in a video where he threatens and insults “libtards,” otherwise known as people who hold political views which differ from his own.

On August 1st, Kessler called on the militia to attend a meeting of the Gilberton Borough Council, where disciplinary actions against Kessler (for the videos) were being discussed. A State Police helicopter was called to the scene, as more than a hundred armed men and women arrived at the meeting, brandishing AR-15 assault rifles. Armed members of the microcosmic police state “militia” blocked the doors of the public building where the meeting was held, in order to prevent those who wished to speak from entering. According to theHuffington Post, members of the group”angrily confronted Michael Morrill of Keystone Progress, who delivered petition signatures from 20,000 Americans who want Kessler fired.”

---------------

This is insane. It's only a matter of time before the Feds intervene.

Some more of Chief Kessler's crazyness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QQW0RswpQ4

Jesus.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »

Did this just happen? Has the PA National Guard been called in?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »

And why are they still calling the AR-15 an assault rifle?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:32:57 AM »

lock and load brother
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 03:28:56 AM »

Did this just happen? Has the PA National Guard been called in?

I think the Sheriff's Department and/or the State Police ought to handle this before the National Guard is called in.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 04:25:07 AM »

Obama's America.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 05:04:06 AM »

Wow.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 08:38:31 AM »

Holy sh*t even I've never heard this and I'm from PA.  Quite pathetic. 
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 09:23:07 AM »

God Bless America.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »

This matches nicely with the question someone asked elsewhere about what defines a constitutional conservative. Granted nearly every federal Republican other than Michele Bachmann sees no value in this, but this is an outcome of believing that everything you believe in is endorsed by the Constitution, and the Second Amendment gives you the right and responsibility to defend your agenda by any means necessary.

People who disagree with you aren't just wrong, they are illegitimate and committing treason.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »

It sucks that they're so oppressive with the apparent newfound power.

Weird really
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »

So I googled "Gilberton, PA", and there are a bunch of stories from actual mainstream media (like the Lehigh Valley Morning Call and a CBS affiliate) about this, and the police chief has been suspended by the town council. A bunch of his supporters showed up with guns to the council meeting where this was decided, but they are not really in control of anything.

It is not a good situation, but there is no media blackout, and the town has not been taken over by a right-wing militia.
Link
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 10:38:47 AM »

So I googled "Gilberton, PA", and there are a bunch of stories from actual mainstream media (like the Lehigh Valley Morning Call and a CBS affiliate) about this, and the police chief has been suspended by the town council. A bunch of his supporters showed up with guns to the council meeting where this was decided, but they are not really in control of anything.

It is not a good situation, but there is no media blackout, and the town has not been taken over by a right-wing militia.

Lol.  Thanks for the perspective.  Another distorted Atlas thread.  Why am I not surprised.  Also this town has 897 people.  It's tiny.  Weird stuff happens in tiny towns all over the planet.  Hardly what I would call something the other 310 million of us should $h-t the bed over.

This is from CNN the outlet we were told wasn't covering this.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.kltv.com/story/23084013/police-chief-suspended-after-posting-video-of-him
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »

Wow!

I hope this changes quickly, the media coverage I mean, as this is the inevitable end result of right wing conservatism. 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 11:24:38 AM »

Holy sh*t even I've never heard this and I'm from PA.  Quite pathetic. 

Yes. Any patriot would have repelled this unwelcome incursion on their town.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

This is exactly what Obama meant by "a civilian army more well equipped and better funded than our military." I'm sure he's happy. Oh how I love when the shoe is on the other foot.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »

I read about this guy a while ago somewhere.. so it's not a blackout. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2013, 05:51:06 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

A bunch of idiots with guns who attend a city meeting does not equate to a "militia take over" of the town.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »

This matches nicely with the question someone asked elsewhere about what defines a constitutional conservative. Granted nearly every federal Republican other than Michele Bachmann sees no value in this, but this is an outcome of believing that everything you believe in is endorsed by the Constitution, and the Second Amendment gives you the right and responsibility to defend your agenda by any means necessary.

People who disagree with you aren't just wrong, they are illegitimate and committing treason.

Okay.
Link
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »

I read about this guy a while ago somewhere.. so it's not a blackout. 

^This...

A bunch of idiots with guns who attend a city meeting does not equate to a "militia take over" of the town.

...and ^this.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2013, 10:30:56 AM by DemPGH, V.P. »

Hadn't heard of this either, but I pay much less attention than what I should to local news. But this is what I'm talking about when I say "Pennsylbama," and to boot the rural deadzones in the state have a very high ratio of KKK types too. It's as backward as it can get, and I'm not always sure why.

I mean, when an apparent posse is put together to prop up a sheriff, it's gone past the limits of how far it can go, it's dangerous, and it's essentially an attempt at mob rule. Needs stopped now, they need taken into custody, and their guns taken from them so they cannot threaten anyone.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies