Ok, I have no idea what happened last night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:12:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ok, I have no idea what happened last night
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ok, I have no idea what happened last night  (Read 2601 times)
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »

But here's what I've been able to piece together.  Lewis apparently never intended to be President, and only ran "to scare me."  Moving beyond that revelation, the relevant fact is that he has essentially dropped out.  He has conceded to Al.  Fortunately, he has no power to declare Al the winner.  As long as King certifies the results as being Lewis/True Democrat as the winners, True Democrat is the Vice-President elect.(which is just amazing).  He would become President with Lewis gone.  If True Democrat refuses to accept this, Gabu is next in line based on the Line of Succession.

I'd like every Lewis voter to think about the fact that he never intended to be President in the first place.  Good job guys.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 03:10:57 PM »

I will accept the Presidency.  Lewis should have told me what he was doing first though.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 03:23:40 PM »

I will accept the Presidency.  Lewis should have told me what he was doing first though.

Fair enough.  I don't blame you for this True Democrat, I'm sure you had no idea any of this would happen.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 03:47:16 PM »

So a guy that we dont even know is going to be the next President of Atlasia.

Lewis, you Hansel and Gretel son of a bitch!  You knew last week that you had a chance of winning.  Why didn't you step out?

The fact that anyone voted for him to begin with is astounding.  THIS is simply unbelievable.  I am close to considering taking him to Court to have him perminatly removed from Atlasia just for this.

This election was the biggest fraud, I think in the history of mankind, except, of course, for those that elected Saddam Hussien.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 03:55:39 PM »

From what I understand, he stepped out because he did not feel he legitamitly won. He felt that States' vote should have been counted, and counting it would have resulted in a tie with Al, and I think he would have lost that tie. He did not want to accept a position he did not feel he earned.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 04:07:18 PM »

From what I understand, he stepped out because he did not feel he legitamitly won. He felt that States' vote should have been counted, and counting it would have resulted in a tie with Al, and I think he would have lost that tie. He did not want to accept a position he did not feel he earned.

Well, he did also say that he had never wanted to be President, if I recall correctly.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 04:14:55 PM »

Bullsh**t.  He doesn't have the power to declare a winner.  He can go to Hell.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »

Well, he did also say that he had never wanted to be President, if I recall correctly.

True, and that is the disturbing part.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 04:51:45 PM »

I despise this sign. I hate this sign. I get angry when I see this sign.

Being President is not easy, whining Senators, bickering Cabinet Members, Senate and Vice Presidential fallouts, topped off by the constant threat of being replaced in a super partisan election in 4 months, my position is anything but a bed of roses.

This sign shows me that some would rather devide our nation for political reasons than a welcome a new administration, even if it is not Lewis, it will be True Democrat. Please everyone, let us not become devided further. "Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection." Let us not become our partisan worst, but our devine best, and then when we look back at this election we will not remmeber a partisan and bitter fallout, but we were united, we were at our best, we were indeed statesmen, not politicans, but true statesmen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 04:58:17 PM »

Hmmm...Lewis never told be he didn't want to be president, either....wow--I would've never campaigned for him if I'd known that...
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 05:00:28 PM »

I despise this sign. I hate this sign. I get angry when I see this sign.

It's not even accurate. Had the 25 post rule been in effect, Kemperor would have lost more voters than Lewis.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 05:00:56 PM »

Hmmm...Lewis never told be he didn't want to be president, either....wow--I would've never campaigned for him if I'd known that...

Well, gee, maybe you should have found that stuff out before the left pushed him on us.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 05:05:48 PM »

Well, gee, maybe you should have found that stuff out before the left pushed him on us.

I don't really think you can blame his supporters for not knowing that he didn't want to be president.  Generally, when someone runs for president and does some campaigning, the idea that he actually doesn't want the position tends not to cross people's minds.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 05:23:38 PM »

I don't really think you can blame his supporters for not knowing that he didn't want to be president.  Generally, when someone runs for president and does some campaigning, the idea that he actually doesn't want the position tends not to cross people's minds.

I certainly can.  Obviously they were less concerned with figuring out who their candidate really was then they were with running someone against KEmp, who should have been a resonably acceptable choice for most people.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 05:27:46 PM »

The banner does not refer to the idiotic 25 post rule.  It applies to the inactives.  Went that way meets the requirements.  But I wouldn't call him active.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »

I certainly can.  Obviously they were less concerned with figuring out who their candidate really was then they were with running someone against KEmp, who should have been a resonably acceptable choice for most people.

Um, Lewis never once gave any hint during the campaign that he didn't want to be president.  How do you know that KEmperor wanted to be president?  He campaigned less than Lewis did; did you ever question that he wanted to be president?

If not, then why would Lewis supporters be any different?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 05:47:50 PM »

Um, Lewis never once gave any hint during the campaign that he didn't want to be president.  How do you know that KEmperor wanted to be president?  He campaigned less than Lewis did; did you ever question that he wanted to be president?

If not, then why would Lewis supporters be any different?

I never questioned KEmp because we thoroughly screened him ahead of time to make sure that he was the right candidate.  People simply blindly followed Lewis.  They must have.  People not far from the center voted for a guy who (before the campaign) had a political compass score of 9,8 or something like that.  They didn't care who they ran as long as he was on the Left.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 05:50:27 PM »

No one blindly followed Lewis...we all thought he was a serious candidate.....I'm stunned that after all of my campaigning, that he NEVER told me that he didn't seriously want the job.  He seemed like he did.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 05:53:08 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2005, 05:57:55 PM by Senator Supersoulty »

No one blindly followed Lewis...we all thought he was a serious candidate.....I'm stunned that after all of my campaigning, that he NEVER told me that he didn't seriously want the job.  He seemed like he did.

Just like The Bulldog was a serious candidate that the DNC supported over me.

Hmmmm... haven't seen him around here in a while.

You couldn't even dig him up and hand him your preprepared ballot from this election, that's how gone he is.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 05:59:23 PM »

haha

You couldn't even dig him up and hand him your preprepared ballot from this election, that's how gone he is.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 06:02:54 PM »

Look, regardless of what the truth is, is all this really necessary?  I'm really getting tired of the massive amount of suspicion and finger-pointing that has abounded, and I have the feeling that I'm not alone.  It's not healthy.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 06:03:29 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2005, 06:18:06 PM by Defarge »

HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT? wtf is going on on this forum?
Honestly, this entire thing is getting ridiculous.  I was considering endorsing KEmperor early in the election cycle when it looked like Lewis was a simple sacraficial lamb.  Then Lewis changed my mind when he and TD campaigned so vigorously.  Now it turns out Lewis didn't want to be president?

I hereby delete my vote, hoping, probably in vain, that it will change the course of the election.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 06:13:43 PM »

there were no "prepared ballots" and neither Lewis, me, Akno, or TD PMed inactives.  I can't speak for anyone else.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 06:17:02 PM »

there were no "prepared ballots" and neither Lewis, me, Akno, or TD PMed inactives.  I can't speak for anyone else.

Ummm, I thought Peter Bell's whole objection was to True Democrat's private messaging of inactives?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies