You want the truth? Here's the truth...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  You want the truth? Here's the truth...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You want the truth? Here's the truth...  (Read 871 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2005, 12:15:12 PM »

I'm still very confused as to what the f*** is going on at the moment, but as far as the whole Lewis concession thing goes, there wasn't a grand conspirocy (see? I can't even spell the damn word properly, let alone do one...)

Lewis sent me a PM early in the morning U.K time:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's it.
About 20 minutes after that he conceded. That's all I know.

And as far as the whole "move on" thing goes, that was actually genuine and I'm sorry if it annoyed people.
In a way it's heart warming that not only have we all failed to move on, but things seem to have got worse.

I actually feel very ill at the moment (and have been for the last few weeks. No that's not true... the word is years) and all this is really not helping.

I don't know anything else but if you want, ask anyway
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 12:17:27 PM »

If Lewis concedes his votes... who wins? or does TD become Prez?

Siege
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:21:08 PM »

If Lewis concedes his votes... who wins? or does TD become Prez?

Siege

If TD accepts votes as Prez, he will become Prez.  Simple.

After that, it gets very murky.  Probably PPT Gabu will become Prez.

Read Article 2, Section 2, Clauses 2, 3.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:23:04 PM »

The point is, we were tied.
Yeah, I know what the SoFA claimed, but we were tied. StatesRights vote is valid. You never lost.
I just decided to break the tie...my way. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision...and all the people jumping at me for it were jumping at me for having run anyways just minutes before, so I'm not sure what they all want. Okay, I know what they want. A KEmp presidency and no elections. Well, this board is called Fantasy Elections. Get it?

I recognize that, since TD hasn't decided yet on whether he's joining in my concession, this election result is still up in the air.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:25:11 PM »

Do you think TD will decline?

Siege
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 12:28:47 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2005, 12:30:20 PM by Senator-elect Sam Spade »

Ok, Al. 

So why then did you accept Lewis' bargain, write an acceptance speech on the Presidency and act like you'd won?  It doesn't look good.

First off, the rules of the Constitution clearly lay out that if Lewis doesn't accept the win, his VP candidate TrueDemocrat is next in line to accept Lewis' votes and ascend the Presidency.  After that, it gets very murky.  Simply put, unless one of these invalid votes is magically validated, you won't become Prez.

And for Lewis, this is about one of the lowest things I've ever seen in Fantasy politics ever.

Trading the Presidency for the SoFA job, a Presidency which you had no right to even start bargaining with.  Heck, the SoFA nomination has to be approved by the Senate.  Al can't just magically make you SoFA.

I'm glad you resigned Al, and I'm glad you came forward with this.  You look much better in my eyes now, though I still don't understand why you did what you did.

Lewis appears to be the major culprit in this one.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 12:39:03 PM »

So why then did you accept Lewis' bargain, write an acceptance speech on the Presidency and act like you'd won?  It doesn't look good.

Hello Senator McCarthey! Good to see you again! I thought you vanished up a whiskey bottle years ago!

Lewis was operating under the assumption that all the votes should be counted. From what I can gather, according to his count he didn't get into the first round by 1 vote.

I can't answer that question as it assumes a different situation to the sitution that I assumed was the case at the time.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 12:41:31 PM »

The vote results haven't been certified yet...so I don't see how that should take any magic. Supersoulty, too, was going to concede defeat in case of a draw, so I'm following a great Atlasian tradition here. Anyways,
a) I know that the Senate votes on cabinet appointments. Of course I do.
b) If I'd lost to KEmp under similar circumstances, I'd have conceded too. I wouldn't have asked to get the job I've been wanting ever since Fritz resigned...but that's just because there was no chance he would have given it. He would have just felt he won after all, whew.
c) He didn't need to say "Yes, you'd make a great SoFA" to get me to concede...not conceding himself was all that I asked from him.

Now, I don't know what I would have done if I was put in Al' situation. This was early morning over here, remember. I guess I did tempt him with the forbidden fruit there. But I certainly felt better after he'd taken it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 12:47:49 PM »

Hello Senator McCarthey! Good to see you again! I thought you vanished up a whiskey bottle years ago!

Lewis was operating under the assumption that all the votes should be counted. From what I can gather, according to his count he didn't get into the first round by 1 vote.

Funny.  I'm just an honest man stating my honest facts and asking pertinent questions to this thread and you compare me to a drunk lunatic like Senator McCarthy.  Only Naso would ever stoop quite as low.

Ok Al, what does Lewis' opinions of anything matter?  The only person who matters in this election is King and how he certifies the vote.  He decides who's invalid and who's not invalid.  Lewis is, to put it mildly "pissing in the wind" with everything he's saying.  The fact that you believed him makes me question your judgment.

Al, read Article 2, Section 2, Clauses 2, 3.  All your answers are there.  And that's the way the courts will interpret it also.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies