unpredictable poster?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:15:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  unpredictable poster?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: unpredictable poster?  (Read 7042 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2005, 04:29:13 AM »

I say Texasgurl has to be most unpredictable. He political compass score is close to -10/-10, she says she moved to Wisconsin because she didn't like the death penalty, and yet she voted statesrights in the fantasy election and said she would vote Thatcher over Blair. Isn't she a maverick?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 04:58:43 AM »

I say Texasgurl has to be most unpredictable. He political compass score is close to -10/-10, she says she moved to Wisconsin because she didn't like the death penalty, and yet she voted statesrights in the fantasy election and said she would vote Thatcher over Blair. Isn't she a maverick?

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Texasgurl is consciously trying to go against what we expect of her every single time just for unpredictability's sake. Smiley
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 03:26:11 PM »

I agree.  When were in the Senate together she has voted with the conservatives on my tax proposals. 
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 05:12:52 PM »

There is a reason for eveything i do.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 07:09:18 PM »

I agree.  When were in the Senate together she has voted with the conservatives on my tax proposals. 

Ted Kennedy would've voted nay on your tax increases Tongue
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 01:24:57 PM »

didnt texasgurl vote for bush when he ran for governor?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 01:35:49 PM »

didnt texasgurl vote for bush when he ran for governor?

I voted for Ann Richards in 1990.  But then I like Harley-riding bulldykes.  Bush is certainly better-looking than Richards, so I guess it was a parsonality thing.  No, can't be that.  Ann Richards is a sanctimonious bitch.  Hmmmm.  Guess there's really no accounting for our votes, is there.  If she voted for Bush in 1990 then we cancelled each other out.  If you're worrying about why or for whom Texasgurl voted, then you probably have way too much time on your hands.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 01:37:55 PM »

Ah, sheet.  I just remembered that my girlfriend at the time cancelled my vote out.  Texasgurl must have cancelled someone else's Richards vote out.  Her old man's maybe. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 01:41:12 PM »

i like richards personally.  maybe it is because she is an alcoholic.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »

you ever met the bitch?  I have.  No kidding.  She's all sandpaper.  I was stacking chairs in a gymnasium, getting ready for a Dukakis campaign rally back when I was in college.  Richards was the State Treasurer at the time.  She comes over and starts telling me where I can put the chairs.  So I'm telling her what my instructions from the state DP chairman is.  She gives me this look that could freeze the Pacific Ocean and proceeds to bark out, in her sandpaper and cigarette voice, orders about this and that and who the hell am I to "sass" her?  and all this sh**t.  Man, I wanted to coldcock that nasty bitch right then and there.  Still, I was a loyal democrat, so I just went out back, calmly took a big hit off the 375-mL bottle of Wild Turkey I had stashed in my jacket, and came back in and continued putting the chairs where the state party chairman had told me to.   Still voted for her for governor two years later.  Can't say why, exactly.  Things change.  People grow up.  Whatever.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 01:58:47 PM »

are molly ivins and ann richards related...they remind me of each other.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 02:05:09 PM »

are molly ivins and ann richards related...they remind me of each other.

I hate them both, so maybe you're onto something.

I know somebody who has been to AA meetings with Ann Richards, and he has little complimentary to say about her.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 02:11:26 PM »

I know somebody who has been to AA meetings with Ann Richards, and he has little complimentary to say about her.

Friend of George W. Bush's are ya?   Wink

(what a setup, man.  thanks.)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 02:17:13 PM »

Friend of George W. Bush's are ya?   Wink

(what a setup, man.  thanks.)

Yeah man, I'm a big buddy of W's.  That's why I always defend him here.Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 02:23:03 PM »

I think I'd like him if I ever met him.  There are only three people who have been discussed in this forum that I've actually met:  Ann Richards, Lloyd Bentsen, and Tavis Smiley.  I had brief conversations with the first two, and a very long conversation with the latter.  I can honestly say that Richards and Smiley are really offensive people.  Can't comment on Bentsen's personality, as our encounter was too brief, and complicated by two factors:  (1)  The man had the softest hands I have ever felt in my life.  I mean cottony fabric soft.  Warm and soft and dry.  Couldn't get our handshake out of my mind during our brief conversation and so it's a little hard to judge.  (2)  Rob Lowe, the actor, was touring with Dukakis and Bentsen on that college tour, and I got to hang out with him for a while.  Rob was on some serious drugs, cocaine was my guess, since it was September in Texas and he was extremely cold and shaking, even though he had a thick wool sweater on.  And I kept thinking about the good coke he must have stashed on his person somewhere.  This also distracted me from judging Bentsen.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 02:29:17 PM »

Pretty interesting that you met those people.

You probably would have liked W in his drinking days better than you would now. Smiley

My cousin met both Bill and Hillary Clinton when he was backup to her secret service detail while she was running for Senator in New York.

He said Bill Clinton was a pleasant guy, but that she was a real c**t.  Big surprise there. Smiley
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 02:34:18 PM »

i met newt gingrich at a public event  in the mid 90s.  i do remember he seemed to have an eye for the ladies.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 02:36:29 PM »

dazzleman, no surprises at all.  Actually, I think I would like Bill and George.  I certainly would not pass up the opportunity to meet either of them, although I could live without meeting Hillary.  I may have mentioned that tomorrow night I'm going to hear Noam Chomsky speak.  It's a small auditorium, and is in the building in which I work, just one floor below my office in fact.  I'll probably have a chance to meet him and ask questions afterward.  I'll let you know what, if any, personal impressions I get of Noam.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 02:42:29 PM »

dazzleman, no surprises at all.  Actually, I think I would like Bill and George.  I certainly would not pass up the opportunity to meet either of them, although I could live without meeting Hillary.  I may have mentioned that tomorrow night I'm going to hear Noam Chomsky speak.  It's a small auditorium, and is in the building in which I work, just one floor below my office in fact.  I'll probably have a chance to meet him and ask questions afterward.  I'll let you know what, if any, personal impressions I get of Noam.

I'd appreciate that.  The more unfavorable, the better.Smiley  I am not a fan of his.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies