What Cities did Obama win in Oklahoma? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:19:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Cities did Obama win in Oklahoma? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Cities did Obama win in Oklahoma?  (Read 4777 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: July 29, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »

I am almost convinced that he didn't win a single city against Romney, I don't even think he won Lawton! or Muskogee! I did find the majority black town called Fort Coffee (Le Flore County) and a 40% Black town called Boley (Okfuskee County). Obviously Obama didn't come close to winning any counties in OK, and Oklahoma City extends into Canadian and Cleveland counties so Obama didn't win it within city lines. Any other cities/villages you could find?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »

Anyways, Boley is just 40% Black now? Or is that the precinct it dominates? Too lazy to look it up on the census website, but in 2000 it was 54% Black (and the trend was downwards, of course. Used to be all Black for decades.)

Actually, it was the precinct I was looking at on DRA, the village is probably more black.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »

He might have won Okmulgee (pop. approx 13,000) but the precinct shapes makes it very hard to tell.

As far as I can tell, it went 51-49 Obama-McCain, Romney performed almost exactly the same here a McCain did, and given that urban areas trended D and rural areas trended R, I give it a 70% chance that Obama won it, however my confidence level is a toss-up.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »

In 2008, Tulsa was 56% McCain among city lines, and OKC is around 57%-59% McCain depending on how you shade in lines because precincts don't match city lines. (Remember that OKC extends into Canadian and Cleveland counties).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies