Foreign Policy Review (Rejected)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 01:11:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Foreign Policy Review (Rejected)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Foreign Policy Review (Rejected)  (Read 8769 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »

3-5

Damn it Polnut and Maxy, you ain't retired yet! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »

Maybe if I were to trash talk Canadians and Australians it would get there attention. Tongue

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2013, 07:03:58 AM »

It's rejected, 5-3, after lying dormant for a lengthy period of time. If we re-introduce it hopefully we can get it ironed out this time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »

Prof. Yankee, there is no question that whatever amount of money you are paid here, it is too little. I would vote you a raise. Wink

Final vote, senators, so you know what to do! Go.

Did the definition of seven days change or something?

Though I should not I am horrible with month transitions, I think seven days is tomorrow night.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »

Prof. Yankee, there is no question that whatever amount of money you are paid here, it is too little. I would vote you a raise. Wink

Final vote, senators, so you know what to do! Go.

Did the definition of seven days change or something?

Though I should not I am horrible with month transitions, I think seven days is tomorrow night.

I thought it was five days! Look, we're waiting on Max and Polnut, I don't know what the hold up is. If I ended it early and they're waiting till the last second to vote, then let's get them in here and vote on it! Do they know what's going on? I should damn well #@^*g think so.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2013, 09:30:09 PM »

It's rejected, 5-3, after lying dormant for a lengthy period of time. If we re-introduce it hopefully we can get it ironed out this time.

The vote was illegally declared ended and is hereby still ongoing.

There are actually a number of ways that votes can end early, a couple of them are incredibly odd, and after checking the rule book again, I see that I had gotten this vote confused with one of those scenarios, so I thought five days applied here. But that is not the case since the --- situation at hand is not one of those scenarios. This is a different scenario. My apologies.

WE'LL CONTINUE WAITING. Thank you for your attention.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »

Nay. That thing is clearly not having enough support and will stand next to no legitimacy with our allies. I would prefer to re-do it with the new Senators, hoping for a wider consensus.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »

What good is consensus if we're throwing our strongest ally in the Middle East under the bus?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:23 AM »

What good is consensus if we're throwing our strongest ally in the Middle East under the bus?

We shouldn't be allied with Apartheid South Africa 2.0.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »

A question the Senate would rather ignore, instead making moronic comparisons to justify their idiocy.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2013, 09:02:11 AM »

A question the Senate would rather ignore, instead making moronic comparisons to justify their idiocy.

Why should we support a nation that tramples the rights of poor people, isolating them into ghettos, while taking more and more land from them? Settlements are continuously being built. Israel isn't interested in peace, and as long as they are not, we don't need them as our allies.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2013, 09:22:07 AM »

Okay, Israel is an "ally". What has Israel ever done for us?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

This is admittedly going to be tough, but I hope we can try again once this one is finally down for the count. I can't end it yet - if I'm reading the rules right, we're technically in a vote change period now (6th vote occurring on the 6th or 7th day day) until time runs out, and I don't want to add 24 hrs. anyway since this is a done deal. I'll be out this evening, so someone let me know when this thing is cooked.

As to Israel, they are an intel partner, and a needed one!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »

This is admittedly going to be tough, but I hope we can try again once this one is finally down for the count. I can't end it yet - if I'm reading the rules right, we're technically in a vote change period now (6th vote occurring on the 6th or 7th day day) until time runs out, and I don't want to add 24 hrs. anyway since this is a done deal. I'll be out this evening, so someone let me know when this thing is cooked.

As to Israel, they are an intel partner, and a needed one!!

Remember 24 hours is only for ending votes early. If time expires on the vote itself, that is it.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

You seem the one ignoring Israeli war crimes, Ben.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »

I would suggest not waiting for the next Senate. I would suggest a Senator going ahead and reintroducing the FPR and the VP bringing it up in this FP slot as soon as that is done.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »

This ends in less than three hours.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2013, 11:31:49 PM by DemPGH, V.P. »

Okay, it's officially rejected.

I'd like to get another one up ASAP that incorporates the suggestions that everyone will be amenable to. Plus, there's got to be a compromise on the Israeli situation, which is the direction we should be headed on that. Too many people see us as simply assisting an aggressor, so there's got to be a softer or compromised way to maintain our relationship with Israel. I don't think either side is going to convince the other regarding Israel; rather, we should try to come up with something that a majority of the Senate can live with, which may not be ideal but may be satisfactory. Ideas?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »

Specifically mentioning that Israel has to completely end settlement building before we grant them most priority status is fine with me.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »

Specifically mentioning that Israel has to completely end settlement building before we grant them most priority status is fine with me.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »

Gass, do you want to reintroduce this or do you prefer someone else?

I would recommend TNF not do it. He has the budget already (Though that might not last much longer at this rate) and a good number of bills of his to get considered and weighing him down with both this and the budget wouldn't be fair.

Would it be best to start from the last text in this thread and thus avoid having to re-offer those amendments on Kuwait and Armenia and so forth? As for the Israel stuff,  you could rewrite it prior to introduction as well or leave it blank to be added via amendment, since that is an open concern.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies