Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 156372 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: September 02, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »

How many twinkies?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1926 on: September 02, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1927 on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:50 PM »

Confession time:  I lied a bit.  It wasn't grilled hamburgers...  Dad was too tired after working out in the shop for 7 straight hours, so we went down to Braum's and got a burger.  I did get it without cheese and no fries and a Diet Dr Pepper.  That was about 1,150 calories.  The twinkies only added 270.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1928 on: September 02, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »

Lol. It's okay Bushie. I know you've been on a sugar eating binge for a while now. You're not about to change your diet, and that's okay. Just be fat and happy. Don't worry about anything.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1929 on: September 02, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »

Lol. It's okay Bushie. I know you've been on a sugar eating binge for a while now. You're not about to change your diet, and that's okay. Just be fat and happy. Don't worry about anything.

Gee, thanks, Duke!  To be honest, I was disappointed, though not surprised, when asked if I could go to Braum's.  I would have much preferred grilled hamburgers, but Dad was just too tired.  Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1930 on: September 02, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »

Confession time:  I lied a bit.  It wasn't grilled hamburgers...  Dad was too tired after working out in the shop for 7 straight hours, so we went down to Braum's and got a burger.  I did get it without cheese and no fries and a Diet Dr Pepper.  That was about 1,150 calories.  The twinkies only added 270.

Bushie there's no difference between a "grilled hamburger" and Braum's.  It's just as healthy, or lack thereof.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1931 on: September 02, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »

Bushie there's no difference between a "grilled hamburger" and Braum's.  It's just as healthy, or lack thereof.

Still, I should have said Braum's, not grilled.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1932 on: September 02, 2013, 07:47:16 PM »

Gee, thanks, Duke!  To be honest, I was disappointed, though not surprised, when asked if I could go to Braum's.  I would have much preferred grilled hamburgers, but Dad was just too tired.  Sad

It doesn't matter if you ate burgers at home or at Braum's. It's all red meat, and they probably grill their burgers there anyway. Even if they don't, it's not that much different. You give your home cooked burgers way too much credit unless you're using 93% lean beef, and I am almost positive you don't.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1933 on: September 02, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »

Gee, thanks, Duke!  To be honest, I was disappointed, though not surprised, when asked if I could go to Braum's.  I would have much preferred grilled hamburgers, but Dad was just too tired.  Sad

And, of course, you helping cook your own food was out of the question.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1934 on: September 02, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »

Gee, thanks, Duke!  To be honest, I was disappointed, though not surprised, when asked if I could go to Braum's.  I would have much preferred grilled hamburgers, but Dad was just too tiredSad

And, of course, you helping cook your own food was out of the question.

I'll be the first to admit, I haven't learned the art of grilling, yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1935 on: September 02, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »

It doesn't matter if you ate burgers at home or at Braum's. It's all red meat, and they probably grill their burgers there anyway. Even if they don't, it's not that much different. You give your home cooked burgers way too much credit unless you're using 93% lean beef, and I am almost positive you don't.

I don't know what the percentage of lean we eat, but I do know we use actual ground beef that Dad forms into patties.  We don't use the gross pre-made patties.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1936 on: September 02, 2013, 07:52:15 PM »

I don't know what the percentage of lean we eat, but I do know we use actual ground beef that Dad forms into patties.  We don't use the gross pre-made patties.

Your dad's hands aren't healthier than a cookie cutter patty maker.  The lean% is what matters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1937 on: September 02, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »

Burgers are always going to be full of fat and cholesterol. It doesn't matter if they are hand patted, from a box, etc. It's all the same. They are all relatively the same health wise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1938 on: September 02, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »

I'm not denying the lack of health difference, fwiw.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1939 on: September 02, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »

Folks, we are a little under 60 posts away from the end of Season IX.  I am working on a name for Season X and will open it just as soon as Season IX officially ends.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1940 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08:53 PM »

Bushie, again, you should try going just one week without eating any hamburgers.  You could even start after your dinner tonight.  It should be the easiest thing in the world to do it for just one week.

Also, approx. what's the average amount of time you spend watching TV on a weekday, on a day that you also attend CAD?

I will definitely try to cut down the burger intake.  On an evening that I attend CADD, generally 5-6 hours of TV on a night I'm home all evening.  On nights that I'm busy, it is more like 2-3 hours.

Good grief.  5-6 hours on a weeknight, during an evening when you're home?  (And I assume some additional time in front of the computer on top of that?  And probably at least 5-6 hours as well on weekends, holidays, and sick days.)  Didn't you say that you weren't walking Blondie much anymore, because you were too busy focusing on CAD?

Bushie, you might try to cut down your TV watching at least somewhat.  That's an awful lot of time you could be doing something else.

Some things you could try if you cut out an hour or two of TV time each night: Exercise.  Learning how to cook (like how to grill hamburgers).  Doing something social (I know you have Bible study, but can't you find some friends out there somewhere to do something else with people besides your family?).  Starting a hobby that doesn't involve sitting on the couch for hours.  Or heck, even reading a book.

What do you think?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1941 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »

I find it odd that you can get such precise numbers for your caloric intake.  Getting numbers precise usually requires measuring and weighing things that you aren't eating in whole units (like a hamburger bun or a pre-made burger patty).

I read the nutrition info on the packages quite a bit, do a lot of measuring, and use the myfitnesspal app. 

Break it down for us... I'm curious.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1942 on: September 02, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »

Lol... so once again, you've proven that you're a pathological liar.  Goodness, Jeff... you've got some crazy issues.  What on earth was the point of lying?  And I'm going to give you an out right now on that $50 deal, because if you doubt that I'd shut down Update if you tried to steal my $50 gift, you're mistaken.  I don't actually plan on shutting down Update; I just know I need a really strong incentive to make sure that you don't lie.  I'm trying to help you, man... just be a freaking adult and quit lying.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1943 on: September 02, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »

Am I the only one here who, when reading "myfitnesspal", thinks of mypalfish?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1944 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »

Any burger consisting of 1,150 calories has to be absolutely abysmal for your health. Hope they put a leaf of lettuce on there or something.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1945 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

I'm not sure I could even find 5-6 hours of things to watch on TV if I wanted to.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1946 on: September 02, 2013, 10:25:31 PM »

I'm not sure I could even find 5-6 hours of things to watch on TV if I wanted to.

I'm wondering how it is even possible. What time does he get home? Don't most people get home at 6? That would be non stop TV watching from getting home until bed. Dear lord, that would make anyone brain dead.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1947 on: September 02, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »

I'm wondering how it is even possible. What time does he get home? Don't most people get home at 6? That would be non stop TV watching from getting home until bed. Dear lord, that would make anyone brain dead.

Somehow I see this as Bushie's response to that...

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1948 on: September 02, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »

If only Bushie's breasts looked that good.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1949 on: September 02, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »

source of the gif pls
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies