Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:43:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 156502 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: August 31, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »

How many people in this thread have never faked an illness to skip school before?

I haven't since grade school. I have skilled class in college for loads of reasons, but I didn't have an attendance requirement in most classes. Those I did have one in, I always attended.

and bushie is racking up more debt to attend school and he is laying out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1776 on: August 31, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »

I just broke a cardinal rule of mine - no naps after 14:30.  I laid down at 15:40 for an hour to try to get refreshed.  It felt nice, but I just hope it doesn't keep me awake tonight...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1777 on: August 31, 2013, 04:50:52 PM »

I just broke a cardinal rule of mine - no naps after 14:30.  I laid down at 15:40 for an hour to try to get refreshed.  It felt nice, but I just hope it doesn't keep me awake tonight...

Thumbs up!  Naps are great.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1778 on: August 31, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

It's not fair for someone to give you grief for having a nap. It's what you do with the rest of your awake time is what's important.

And if you're concerned about the extra energy you have, exercise is the only thing which will burn it off.

Get moving. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1779 on: August 31, 2013, 05:15:04 PM »

I seriously thought about going in today.  I felt well enough to go.  My boss's boss at ONG told me once it is a liability on the company to violate a doctor's note.  I take that seriously. Perhaps too seriously.  I felt we'll enough to go, but 1) my doctor said no and 2) I wouldn't have gotten a whole lot of work in today as it was mostly picnics and assemblies.  I would have gotten the attendance point, but not much time to work on my projects.

Did your doctor actually say, "I think you should stay at home", or did you say, "Doctor, I need a doctor's note because I'm at my limit for missing school" and then he gave you one?  Because there's a big difference between the two.

Duke, normally you are right about the car shopping and bowling, but the bowling especially is a commitment I have had for two weeks, so I wasn't going to let anything get in my way.
Bowling may have been a commitment for two weeks, but hasn't CAD been a commitment for months, as it's part of your grand plan to get on the road of employment?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1780 on: August 31, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »

inks, i do hope you let 'your employees'  lollygag around a bit during down times.  but you strike me as the type to assign make-work for them.

As long as the work that has to get done gets done, I really don't care.  The lazy ones I try to keep busy, otherwise they'll just sit on their phones all day, but I generally let anybody go home early when it's slow or if they ask.  Other than special event days, I can't think of a time I've made someone stay when they wanted to leave.

I also always let people take a full lunch break with food even if they don't work enough hours to where they're supposed to get a lunch.  So, no, I'm not a complete hard-ass all the time. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1781 on: August 31, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »

I seriously thought about going in today.  I felt well enough to go.  My boss's boss at ONG told me once it is a liability on the company to violate a doctor's note.  I take that seriously. Perhaps too seriously.  I felt we'll enough to go, but 1) my doctor said no and 2) I wouldn't have gotten a whole lot of work in today as it was mostly picnics and assemblies.  I would have gotten the attendance point, but not much time to work on my projects.

Did your doctor actually say, "I think you should stay at home", or did you say, "Doctor, I need a doctor's note because I'm at my limit for missing school" and then he gave you one?  Because there's a big difference between the two.

Duke, normally you are right about the car shopping and bowling, but the bowling especially is a commitment I have had for two weeks, so I wasn't going to let anything get in my way.
Bowling may have been a commitment for two weeks, but hasn't CAD been a commitment for months, as it's part of your grand plan to get on the road of employment?

The doctor actually said "I think you should stay home tomorrow."  I said nothing of my attendance limit.  That would be a lousy excuse.

The commitment to my CADD program is still there.  I have not broken my commitment.  I have not lost interest in the least.

I'm not worried about it at all.  I'm getting over this nausea thanks to the antibiotics I got on Thursday and with still 2 more days to relax and a short 3 day week coming up, I'll be just fine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1782 on: August 31, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »

This will end just like every other venture Bushie has embarked on. Mark my words. My track record, unlike Bushie's, is flawless.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1783 on: August 31, 2013, 05:34:06 PM »

Duke, normally you are right about the car shopping and bowling, but the bowling especially is a commitment I have had for two weeks, so I wasn't going to let anything get in my way.  I was asked by Mom to go car shopping with her and Dad as they value my input.  Mom made the decisions, as it was her car, but I was able to give my input.  As far as the doctor's note, be that as it may, it's water under the bridge now.  We could debate it all day long, but all of it is a moot point at this late hour.

So bowling is a more important commitment to keep than your commitment to passing a class that is supposedly going to be your key to a future career?

Come on, Bushie. You went bowling because that was something you really wanted to do. You don't like CAD, it was your father's idea. That's why you've stopped showing up to the classes. That's why you're waiting for them to boot you so that you can tell your folks that "you tried" and move on to the next wacky scheme of the month.

Who says I have stopped going to classes?  You have no reason to give up on me just yet.  I know I have a track record, but can't this forum GIVE ME A CHANCE without yelling doom and gloom crap in my ear with every post?

Jeff, when you keep saying, "GIVE ME A CHANCE" after every stupid thing you do, people stop giving "second" chances after about the 10th time... you're WAY past that.  It's the same story that we've read over and over again.  I think you know it... I don't know why you just won't admit it.  If you don't want to do CAD, quit wasting your parents' money on it.

How many people in this thread have never faked an illness to skip school before?

Probably a lot (I'm in that weird nerdy minority who never did it).  More pertinent question: How many people with a history of attendance issues faked an illness to skip a class with an attendance requirement higher than the person's current attendance record at a school that their parents were paying for?

I seriously thought about going in today.  I felt well enough to go.  My boss's boss at ONG told me once it is a liability on the company to violate a doctor's note.  I take that seriously. Perhaps too seriously.  I felt we'll enough to go, but 1) my doctor said no and 2) I wouldn't have gotten a whole lot of work in today as it was mostly picnics and assemblies.  I would have gotten the attendance point, but not much time to work on my projects.

Did your doctor actually say, "I think you should stay at home", or did you say, "Doctor, I need a doctor's note because I'm at my limit for missing school" and then he gave you one?  Because there's a big difference between the two.

The doctor actually said "I think you should stay home tomorrow."  I said nothing of my attendance limit.  That would be a lousy excuse.

The commitment to my CADD program is still there.  I have not broken my commitment.  I have not lost interest in the least.

I'm not worried about it at all.  I'm getting over this nausea thanks to the antibiotics I got on Thursday and with still 2 more days to relax and a short 3 day week coming up, I'll be just fine.

You said, "Doc, my tummy hurts", and he said, "I think you should stay home tomorrow"?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1784 on: August 31, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »

I just love his excuse that he committed to going bowling 2 weeks ago and couldn't miss it for anything.

The fact is, he's already below the attendance threshold and acting like all is well. He's simply amazing. It's even more amazing he thinks he will be living in Kansas City and making $40,000+ in a years time.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1785 on: August 31, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »

It's even more amazing he thinks he will be living in Kansas City and making $40,000+ in a years time.

God forbid!  Why would he want to leave the lap of idleness for such toils?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1786 on: August 31, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »

And did he say, "I think you should stay home tomorrow" or "I think you should stay home from school tomorrow"?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1787 on: August 31, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »

HAHA BOWLING IS "A SERIOUS COMMITMENT" HE COULDN'T CANCEL UNLIKE SCHOOL?

WHAT A JOKE.

The man's a hero, King.  It is sad how rare it is to find anyone with his priorities straight.

See, it's posts like this where you lay it on a little too thick that clue people into the fact that half of what you post here is just posted to further your forum persona.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1788 on: August 31, 2013, 05:55:35 PM »

Inks, the reason I won't say I've lost interest in CADD is by saying that, I would be lying.  The doctor said stay home from school tomorrow.

Duke, again, I'm not worried about it.  I have no reason to be worried about it.  If I miss much more, then yeah, I should be worried.  I can't look in the past and dwell on it, I must look at this next week and get back on schedule.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1789 on: August 31, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »

HAHA BOWLING IS "A SERIOUS COMMITMENT" HE COULDN'T CANCEL UNLIKE SCHOOL?

WHAT A JOKE.

The man's a hero, King.  It is sad how rare it is to find anyone with his priorities straight.

See, it's posts like this where you lay it on a little too thick that clue people into the fact that half of what you post here is just posted to further your forum persona.

Not so, Inks.  I admire Bushie's priorities.  They're realistic.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1790 on: August 31, 2013, 06:35:09 PM »

bushie:  numerous times last weekend you said it was mandatory that you make it to five days of class this past week, even if you had to go in a hearse.  then you over-indulged again and took 2 days off.  comment?

secondly, as a daily user of antibiotics (for acne) i can tell you that they are notorious for *causing* upset stomachs.  i dont know how long you will be taking yours, but dont be surprised to get the flux.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1791 on: August 31, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »

bushie:  numerous times last weekend you said it was mandatory that you make it to five days of class this past week, even if you had to go in a hearse.  then you over-indulged again and took 2 days off.  comment?

secondly, as a daily user of antibiotics (for acne) i can tell you that they are notorious for *causing* upset stomachs.  i dont know how long you will be taking yours, but dont be surprised to get the flux.

I know I said that, and I'm kind of eating my words just a bit.  So, on one hand I don't blame the doom and gloom proclamations floating around here, but I'll be fine, just the same.

I'll be taking one antibiotic through Monday early evening and the other one through Thursday morning.  I know they could cause a little reflux, but I'm prepared for it.  I've got TUMS here on my desk if I need it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1792 on: August 31, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »

After I find a way to get myself to 19,000 posts (4 posts away), I am going to start playing with my AutoCAD that I downloaded and installed last Monday.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1793 on: August 31, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »

How about you try and post those posts while doing pushups, typing with your nose.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1794 on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

I'm not that coordinated!  For starters, I can't even do a proper push up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1795 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2013, 11:27:06 PM by Badger »

Just admit you're a lazy f%$k and a sloth, who is going to glide through life right where you are now.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1796 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:58 PM »

Well, then, you should practice!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1797 on: August 31, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »

Just admit you're a lazy fuck and a sloth, who is going to glide through life right where you are now.

To do so would be a lie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1798 on: August 31, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »

I have just read the chapter required for LAP 3.  It took me about 30 minutes.  Here in a little bit I will start the drawing problems for the LAP.  I'm hoping between tonight, tomorrow night, and Monday, I will be able to have just the test left to take on Tuesday for LAP 3.  There is no reason by the end of the week (Thursday) that I shouldn't be into LAP 5.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1799 on: August 31, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »

Let me reiterate something.  My parents are NOT paying a dime for CADD.  I am paying every single penny of it.  It is being tacked onto my student loan and I won't even start paying on the program until well after I graduate and am employed.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies