Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:34:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 151201 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:19 AM »

nobody says you have to have green veggies every single day.  5 times a week is good enough.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1301 on: August 24, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I had a good morning's sleep except for the very beginning.  My nose decided to join the party and bleed.  I had to get back up and stop that, but finally at 00:30 I was able to lay back down and go to sleep.  I feel quite a bit better this morning and I'm about to get some breakfast.  I'm still going to take it real easy today and not go anywhere or do anything real strenuous.  I'm mainly going to sit back and watch TV.  I am going to do some Kansas City research today and fill my parents in on my plans.  They already know I want to go to Kansas City right after I finish school, so we're going to discuss it a little further today.

You're cute. When was the last time you did anything strenuous ?  Is walking Jeff Junior strenuous?  RIP JJ.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1302 on: August 24, 2013, 09:09:18 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I had a good morning's sleep except for the very beginning.  My nose decided to join the party and bleed.  I had to get back up and stop that, but finally at 00:30 I was able to lay back down and go to sleep.  I feel quite a bit better this morning and I'm about to get some breakfast.  I'm still going to take it real easy today and not go anywhere or do anything real strenuous.  I'm mainly going to sit back and watch TV.  I am going to do some Kansas City research today and fill my parents in on my plans.  They already know I want to go to Kansas City right after I finish school, so we're going to discuss it a little further today.

You're cute. When was the last time you did anything strenuous ?  Is walking Jeff Junior strenuous?  RIP JJ.

With as hyper as JJ is, it is more strenuous than you might think...  We're getting her spayed on September 4, so hopefully that will calm her down and let us walk her without her walking us, if you know what I mean.  As far as me, I haven't done anything real strenuous in quite a while, but I was talking in this instance about not going anywhere, just not move a whole lot.  I will probably get out there and walk with JJ later this evening, probably around 18:30, but other than that I'm going to do anything today.  The point is making sure I am completely healed by church tomorrow and especially school Monday.  I'm still completely determined in CADD, so this will be just a bump in the road looking back.  No more days off until at least October, and probably not even then.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1303 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »

Here's the deal.  We talked about this some last night.  We're not going to have anything processed for a few days.  This means no fast food and no burgers of any kind.  We're going to fix our lunches and dinners here at the house.  Grilled hamburgers have already been used, so they won't be a part of this mission, but soft tacos will likely be part of the regiment this evening.  Lunch tomorrow will likely be just sandwiches.  We'll talk about Monday and beyond when we get a little closer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1304 on: August 24, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »

Here's the deal.  We talked about this some last night.  We're not going to have anything processed for a few days.  This means no fast food and no burgers of any kind.  We're going to fix our lunches and dinners here at the house.  Grilled hamburgers have already been used, so they won't be a part of this mission, but soft tacos will likely be part of the regiment this evening.  Lunch tomorrow will likely be just sandwiches.  We'll talk about Monday and beyond when we get a little closer.

Sandwiches plural?  You do realize be lunch meat and cheese is processed don't you? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1305 on: August 24, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »

So are soft tacos/fish sticks/enchilada casserole Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1306 on: August 24, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »

Bushie, you need to realize you have a big problem with food. I don't want you to die young but it will happen if you continue to eat all this sh**t. Eating hamburgers sometimes isn't really dangerous. But you eat 2 HAMBURGERS PER DAY. When will you understand that your health problems would be much weaker if you tried to eat a healthy food.

You said that your mum has the same health problems than you, like your cousins if I have understood. But how do they eat? Your mom eats probably unhealthy food like you. And your cousins too. So you need to realize that how you eat is litterally killing you...

tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1307 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

I don't know for certain but I'd imagine Bushie and his family have lived and eaten in this way for most of their lives, so they lack a reference point to compare how eating healthier would make them feel better daily. Changing those habits takes an extraordinary amount of effort and time too, and we're wired to always take the path of least resistance, so nobody can expect him to break old habits because the internet guys say so.

It's all about the small steps. Take the initiative to make a small change and stick with it until it's normal. Then, take another step and do the same thing. It should be gradual. Your body has its own unconscious expectations and habits that, having been broken, could possibly cause you to rebound right back to where you were before. It can be done all at once immediately, of course, but that's silly to attempt if it's not necessary.

Small steps are better than being stationary.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1308 on: August 24, 2013, 11:02:59 AM »

To sum up bushie's plans for today:  lay around.  Eat.  Watch about 12 hours of tv
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1309 on: August 24, 2013, 11:08:08 AM »

Supper tonight will not be soft tacos, but will be homemade waffles out of the waffle iron.  It's something we haven't done in quite a while, but none of us really feel like doing anything major today.  My stomach is still a little queasy and mom and dad both have headaches.  We all agreed no fast food and no going out tonight since none of us feel good.  Something tells me there may be a little bug in this house that is causing all three of us to be sick.  Oh well.  We're all going to try to go to church tomorrow.  I may take a nap pretty soon myself.  Supper won't be until at least 17:00.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1310 on: August 24, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »

Your entire family is sickly!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1311 on: August 24, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »

By the way bushie, why dont you marry the young lady you went to kenya with?  You both love the lord and little african children.  Why arent you two engaged yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1312 on: August 24, 2013, 11:27:53 AM »

By the way bushie, why dont you marry the young lady you went to kenya with?  You both love the lord and little african children.  Why arent you two engaged yet?

First off, distance, we live nearly 2 hours apart.  Second, though we share those common interests, she is not really my type.  Third, I don't know, but she may be taken already.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1313 on: August 24, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »

I don't know for certain but I'd imagine Bushie and his family have lived and eaten in this way for most of their lives, so they lack a reference point to compare how eating healthier would make them feel better daily. Changing those habits takes an extraordinary amount of effort and time too, and we're wired to always take the path of least resistance, so nobody can expect him to break old habits because the internet guys say so.

It's all about the small steps. Take the initiative to make a small change and stick with it until it's normal. Then, take another step and do the same thing. It should be gradual. Your body has its own unconscious expectations and habits that, having been broken, could possibly cause you to rebound right back to where you were before. It can be done all at once immediately, of course, but that's silly to attempt if it's not necessary.

Yes, this is correct.

I have been saying for a long time that they lack the education and curiosity to make the changes necessary, thus no changes will be made. I don't expect them to ever change because of what you described. Hell, with upset stomaches they all decide to eat burgers. You can't be more uneducated than that!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1314 on: August 24, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »

nobody says you have to have green veggies every single day.  5 times a week is good enough.

LOL
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1315 on: August 24, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »

Bushie's not in control of his diet. Mommy selects the food, pays for the food, and cooks the food. Until he has money with which to buy food and a home in which he is allowed to use the oven, there's not much he can do.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1316 on: August 24, 2013, 12:52:39 PM »

Yes, this is correct.

I have been saying for a long time that they lack the education and curiosity to make the changes necessary, thus no changes will be made. I don't expect them to ever change because of what you described. Hell, with upset stomaches they all decide to eat burgers. You can't be more uneducated than that!

We have eaten that way for a long time, but make no mistake.  Dad enjoys salads, Mom can eat them, and I am warming up to them.  I think this no or reduced processed diet will work wonders not only for feeling better, but allow us all to lose weight.  Dad rarely ever eats more than 2,000 calories and I am mostly under 2,250.  Mom rarely has over 1,200, sometimes I think she stays under 1,000.  Dad's not that much overweight.  He's definitely not obese like I am, and is maybe no more than 20 lbs. overweight, and even that is coming down.  My weight is about ready to come down some more.  Like I said, I have a goal to be down to 245 lbs. by Thanksgiving.  It is very achievable and wouldn't take that much.  Like I've said before, whenever I do get a hamburger, I leave off the fries and leave off the cheese.  Nobody can say that's a bad thing and even our own King said that's a good start.  Yes, I need to reduce the frequency of hamburgers, but leaving off the cheese and fries is definitely a good start and anybody with a brain knows its not advisable to quit hamburgers cold turkey.  I have to step down off them, not jump off, especially when my health doesn't require me to jump off.  Also, when I do go out for lunch, I go to Subway more often than Burger King or McDonald's or Braum's.  Everybody agrees that Subway is healthier than any burger joint.  I've already mentioned what I get at Subway, which is healthier than a greasy hamburger.  I'm drinking mostly diet drinks.  I still have my regular soda, but not near as often as I used to.  I'm starting to get things together slowly but surely.  I've still got a long way to go, but I'm making a good start.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1317 on: August 24, 2013, 01:06:18 PM »

Yes, leaving the cheese off is a good start. But I disagree when you say your heath does not require you to quit burgers cold turkey. You're 31, you are morbidly obese, you have a history of health problems and you're on more medication than my 91 year old grandfather. If anyone was in the position to quit something cold turkey, it is you!

Red meat needs to be eaten in moderation - meaning once or twice every week or so. I only eat it maybe a few times a month, but I am super healthy, so I don't expect you to mirror me ever. But you have not started toning back from your usual burger-a-day diet, so that's why we keep hounding you. I don't think you understand how unhealthy red meat is for you when you eat it 5-6 times a week, and I love a good burger on occasion, so you can't call me some anti-meat nazi.

You're right Subway is healthier than McDonalds IF you order the right thing. What do you get? Wheat bread? Turkey? Chicken? Or the BMT/meatball on white bread? I will be honest with you and say if you eat those, you may as well go to McDonalds. Subway does have healthier alternatives, but so does McDonalds. They have spent millions to overhaul their menu to add healthy options, but most people like you just avoid them and go straight to the quarter pounder, because of your "burger or nothing" mentality.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1318 on: August 24, 2013, 01:20:11 PM »

Yes, leaving the cheese off is a good start. But I disagree when you say your heath does not require you to quit burgers cold turkey. You're 31, you are morbidly obese, you have a history of health problems and you're on more medication than my 91 year old grandfather. If anyone was in the position to quit something cold turkey, it is you!

Red meat needs to be eaten in moderation - meaning once or twice every week or so. I only eat it maybe a few times a month, but I am super healthy, so I don't expect you to mirror me ever. But you have not started toning back from your usual burger-a-day diet, so that's why we keep hounding you. I don't think you understand how unhealthy red meat is for you when you eat it 5-6 times a week, and I love a good burger on occasion, so you can't call me some anti-meat nazi.

You're right Subway is healthier than McDonalds IF you order the right thing. What do you get? Wheat bread? Turkey? Chicken? Or the BMT/meatball on white bread? I will be honest with you and say if you eat those, you may as well go to McDonalds. Subway does have healthier alternatives, but so does McDonalds. They have spent millions to overhaul their menu to add healthy options, but most people like you just avoid them and go straight to the quarter pounder, because of your "burger or nothing" mentality.

I get a footlong ham and cheese on white bread with lettuce, pickle, yellow mustard, no chips, and a diet coke.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1319 on: August 24, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »

Processed carbs are not your friend. If you can't change anything about your diet but to eliminate those, you're going to drop so much weight I can't tell you.

Processed carbs are anything like bread, pasta, corn, potatoes, sugar, corn syrup, etc. I know you won't do that, but honestly if you ate burgers without the bun or steaks without bread, you'd be well on your way. Bread itself is just awful for you, especially white bread. I avoid it almost all the time. In fact, you could eat the same crap you eat now as long as you cut out the carbs and you'd lose weight. You could have all the meat and cheese you want!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1320 on: August 24, 2013, 01:42:40 PM »

When I eat Subway versus Burger King, Mickey's, or the like, I've noticed that's an automatic half pound difference minimum the next morning.  Usually, if I have Subway, I will eat better the rest of the day so as not to ruin the Subway, if you know what I mean.  If I have blown my diet one day, I tend to have this "I've already messed up today, might as well live it up today and start again tomorrow" mentality, which is likely not the best attitude to have.  The problem is I have too many of those days.  I am doing better and anyone around here who sees me on a daily basis knows I have lost weight, but I do slip up way too often.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1321 on: August 24, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »

I've definitely taken a couple steps back today.  My stomach hurts more today than it did yesterday and now I've got the runs added on.  Supper tonight is looking less likely.  If I do eat, I'll only have one waffle.  Church tomorrow is starting to look less likely unless God provides miraculous healing tonight.  I'm going Monday even if it kills me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1322 on: August 24, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »

What did you eat for breakfast? Have any of you heard of the bland diet you are supposed to eat when you have an upset stomach?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1323 on: August 24, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2013, 02:11:08 PM by Call me 'Your Grumpiness'..... »

What did you eat for breakfast? Have any of you heard of the bland diet you are supposed to eat when you have an upset stomach?

Bacon, eggs (probably in the same pan the bacon was cooked in) and toast, per his fb posting
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1324 on: August 24, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »

Bacon, eggs (probably in the same pan the bacon was cooked in) and toast, per his fb posting

And this is why he cant get over his stomach bug. Burgers and bacon and eggs aren't what the Dr ordered after an upset stomach.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies