Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:34:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 151193 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: August 23, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »

Bushie seems to think that the only variable that goes into being healthy is your weight (and it's not like he's lost that much weight anyway... after three months of his ridiculous non-diet diet he's plateaued at minus 10 or 15 pounds). Doesn't matter how skinny you are, if you eat the amount of red meat, processed foods, and white bread he does, you're going to get sick. We all know his nauseau and headaches would be dramatically reduced if he ate healthier, but he refuses to.
'
My headaches are mostly genetic.  My mother has had migraine headaches since 1978, 4 years before I was born, and her sister and two of my cousins, that I know of, suffer from migraines.  I am not alone in that boat in my family.  Granted, losing weight would definitely help, but I wouldn't say it would dramatically reduce it.  The stomach problems, I can definitely say would be much improved if I ate healthier.  The doctor is tightening Dad's diet even more.  He's been doing well, which has caused me to do better most of the past couple of weeks, but we are getting rid of a lot of the sugary stuff that exists in this house  We are still going to enjoy an occasional coke and an occasional grilled hamburger, but a lot of other things, especially in the sweets department are about to leave this house once the current batch is consumed.  We're going to start with those items and anytime we eat out with a hamburger, I am going to at least ask for no cheese and no fries.  Now, like Wednesday night, I asked for no cheese and the cook put it on there, anyway.  That I can't really help, but if I can turn the hamburgers into just a sandwich, it will be a lot better.  Another benefit from the grilled hamburgers we have is it is not processed like fast food burgers.  Things are definitely changing around here.  These changes should allow me to start losing weight again deeper into the 250's and 240's.  I hope to be down to ~245 by Thanksgiving.  With these changes, I shouldn't have too much trouble doing that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1276 on: August 23, 2013, 09:19:23 PM »

So you're saying there's no alternative to hamburgers in your diet? That paragraph was some of the stupidest reasoning I've ever read. Oh, and you've been planning to clean the sweets out for over a month now and it's still ongoing. Surprise.... It actually sounds like a troll post. It doesn't matter if the burger is grilled, fried, etc. it's still red meat, full of fat and cholesterol. It doesn't matter how its cooked. Do you understand that?

It's clear none of the bushie's are educated enough to take care of themselves, so this is a lost cause.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1277 on: August 23, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »

So you're saying there's no alternative to hamburgers in your diet? That paragraph was some of the stupidest reasoning I've ever read. Oh, and you've been planning to clean the sweets out for over a month now and it's still ongoing. Surprise.... It actually sounds like a troll post. It doesn't matter if the burger is grilled, fried, etc. it's still red meat, full of fat and cholesterol. It doesn't matter how its cooked. Do you understand that?

It's clear none of the bushie's are educated enough to take care of themselves, so this is a lost cause.

So, all hamburgers and red meat are bad for you?  Nonsense.  I will not give up red meat, ever.  Plus, you didn't read my post.  I never said there were no alternatives, just grilled is better than fried, non-processed is better than processed.

Please, you have NO right to insult or question our ability to take care of ourselves.  Changes ARE occurring.  Of course, you will refuse to believe me, and don't even attempt to, so why do I bother.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1278 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »

To be honest, I like hamburgers as much as anyone but I seriously don't get why anyone would eat two for dinner when he was having serious stomach issues...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1279 on: August 23, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »

To be honest, I like hamburgers as much as anyone but I seriously don't get why anyone would eat two for dinner when he was having serious stomach issues...

Like I said, these hamburgers are a lot smaller.  One does not fill me up, period.  I normally have 3 just to feel full.  I do not like feeling hungry, and I do not believe being hungry is a necessary part of losing weight.  That's just punishment.

As far as the stomach issues, I had nothing to eat all day since two slices of buttered toast at 6:00 this morning, so I had to get some calories in me.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1280 on: August 23, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »

So, all hamburgers and red meat are bad for you?

Er... yeah dude. Where have you been?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1281 on: August 23, 2013, 09:28:59 PM »

I know they are, but can't anyone enjoy them without feeling guilty?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1282 on: August 23, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »

You can have some red meat as long as it isn't every day.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1283 on: August 23, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »

Red meat is perfectly fine in moderation. It is all about balance.  Processed food is what is really the killer.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1284 on: August 23, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »

If one hamburger isn't enough for you to feel full, then you should supplement it with a side of vegetables or a salad or something.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1285 on: August 23, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »

If one hamburger isn't enough for you to feel full, then you should supplement it with a side of vegetables or a salad or something.

We normally grill corn on the cob with it, but this was kind of a spur of the moment decision tonight and didn't have time to find some good corn.  The corn helps me stay down to 2 hamburgers plus a cob of corn.  I know corn isn't the healthiest vegetable, but it is better than potato chips.  Although, I just had the burgers tonight, no chips, no fries, no corn, and a coke to drink.  I have had nothing since then except one Sprite and one Caf Free Diet Dr Pepper, but no solids.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1286 on: August 23, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »

Bushie if you choose to eat like a cave man at least go all the way.  Walk down to the grocery store to get exercise, ditch the hamburger buns and get a damn steak. Or to feel fuller with less fat and calories but with ample protein grilled up some chicken breasts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1287 on: August 23, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

Bushie if you choose to eat like a cave man at least go all the way.  Walk down to the grocery store to get exercise, ditch the hamburger buns and get a damn steak. Or to feel fuller with less fat and calories but with ample protein grilled up some chicken breasts.

We do grill chicken quite a bit.  It's probably our healthiest grilled meal we have.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1288 on: August 23, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »

We do grill chicken quite a bit.  It's probably our healthiest grilled meal we have.

Well the benefits are that you can eat almost 2x the volume of chicken vs steak caloric wise. Add vegetables (fiber) and a baked potato and you will feel fuller without overeating.  Eat slower and more deliberate.  And you would also be wise to follow the Ben Franklin rule, Eat to live, don't live to eat. Exercise over time also helps control your appetite. The hunger or lack of satiety you describe is frequently mental.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1289 on: August 23, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »

Get creative! You need some excitement in your life for Christ's sake! You have to be bored to tears eating burgers and drinking soda nearly every day of your life. I'd be dead by now if that was my life. It's like you cook burgers at home and zero in on the burger section of nearly every restaurant you go to.

Ever tried grilled veggies? Nearly anything I grill is delicious, and all you need is olive oil, salt and pepper.

I am a huge foodie and I always want to enjoy my meals, but you can enjoy something that isn't fattening. You need to change your mindset from a childish one where vegetables are icky and only burgers and ice cream suffice to an adult one. Otherwise you will never change.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1290 on: August 23, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »

Corn is not a veggie. Corn is a grain. In fact, it's been the staple graple in North America going way back to Native Americans countless years before Columbus. Europe had wheat, Africa had yams, Asia had rice, South America had quinoa and potatoes.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1291 on: August 24, 2013, 12:32:19 AM »

This is a classic Update exchange.  Bushie asks what seems like a sincere question about whether something is healthy.  The answer is "of course not".  Bushie then acts like he knew that all along.  Bushie, if you "know they are" then why did you ask "So, all hamburgers and red meat are bad for you?"

In any case, Bushie, can you go an entire week without eating a hamburger?  Try it now.  It's late Friday night in the US now, right?  Try not eating a hamburger until next week Saturday.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1292 on: August 24, 2013, 03:55:52 AM »

I like how Bushie's plan to get rid of the sweets in his house is to eat all of them! Yeah, that will help.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1293 on: August 24, 2013, 04:26:15 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2013, 04:29:33 AM by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »

OK... go through this week and break down what you had each day for your meals.... let's see how good you've actually been doing.

I do that on the myfitnesspal app and it works well for me, knowing how many calories I have left during the day.  Mind you, the three days before this morning, I had dropped two pounds.  But... challenge accepted.

Lief, I am about to make the switch from 2% to 1%.  I've never been a whole milk drinker, but I've always been a 2% guy.  My dietitian recommends 1% milk.  She doesn't like the watery skim milk, but she does like and recommend the 1%, especially from Braum's.  She says it has the consistency of Hiland 2%, but with 1% nutritional value.

I meant break it down for us, not your little app.

Bushie have you ever thought of applying for disability?
What would his disability be?

Sociopathy?  Retardation?  (Do either of those count?)  Definitely something mental.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1294 on: August 24, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »

Processed food is what is really the killer.

No, 'tis life that is the killer. Though excessive amounts of processed food does tend to speed things up a tad.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1295 on: August 24, 2013, 08:06:59 AM »

i dont understand what goes through bushie's head.

he ate a series of gutbuster meals on three days ago and has been sick ever since.  yet he has no plans to change, as that would be un-american.

again i will use the analogy of the alcoholic:  no matter how bad the hangover is the next day, he still cant wait to drink again.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1296 on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »

So, all hamburgers and red meat are bad for you?  Nonsense.  I will not give up red meat, ever.  Plus, you didn't read my post.  I never said there were no alternatives, just grilled is better than fried, non-processed is better than processed.

Please, you have NO right to insult or question our ability to take care of ourselves.  Changes ARE occurring.  Of course, you will refuse to believe me, and don't even attempt to, so why do I bother.

Bushie it's clear you are delusional. Your family has proven they have no clue about good nutrition. No fish, no salads, no green veggies, no balance and no clue of what a proper portion size is.  Eating until you are full is not healthy. And except for your dad who works 60 hours a week and runs all of the errands and takes care of the house, you're all sedentary. You already missed two days because of gluttony. More to follow I'm sure.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1297 on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:51 AM »

Bushie, you need to realize you have a big problem with food. I don't want you to die young but it will happen if you continue to eat all this sh**t. Eating hamburgers sometimes isn't really dangerous. But you eat 2 HAMBURGERS PER DAY. When will you understand that your health problems would be much weaker if you tried to eat a healthy food.

You said that your mum has the same health problems than you, like your cousins if I have understood. But how do they eat? Your mom eats probably unhealthy food like you. And your cousins too. So you need to realize that how you eat is litterally killing you...

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1298 on: August 24, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I had a good morning's sleep except for the very beginning.  My nose decided to join the party and bleed.  I had to get back up and stop that, but finally at 00:30 I was able to lay back down and go to sleep.  I feel quite a bit better this morning and I'm about to get some breakfast.  I'm still going to take it real easy today and not go anywhere or do anything real strenuous.  I'm mainly going to sit back and watch TV.  I am going to do some Kansas City research today and fill my parents in on my plans.  They already know I want to go to Kansas City right after I finish school, so we're going to discuss it a little further today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1299 on: August 24, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »

So, all hamburgers and red meat are bad for you?  Nonsense.  I will not give up red meat, ever.  Plus, you didn't read my post.  I never said there were no alternatives, just grilled is better than fried, non-processed is better than processed.

Please, you have NO right to insult or question our ability to take care of ourselves.  Changes ARE occurring.  Of course, you will refuse to believe me, and don't even attempt to, so why do I bother.

Bushie it's clear you are delusional. Your family has proven they have no clue about good nutrition. No fish, no salads, no green veggies, no balance and no clue of what a proper portion size is.  Eating until you are full is not healthy. And except for your dad who works 60 hours a week and runs all of the errands and takes care of the house, you're all sedentary. You already missed two days because of gluttony. More to follow I'm sure.

We do have salads at least 2-3 times a week.  Even I am starting to get into the salad eating business.  I had a half a salad at Cattleman's last weekend with just a bit of ranch.  We do have green veggies at least 2-3 times a week, as well.  Not often enough, but nobody says you have to have green veggies every single day.  5 times a week is good enough.  Dad only works 40 hours.  I've told you that before, but you don't listen.  Mom and I run plenty of errands ourselves.  We are starting to get out there and walk JJ for 30 minutes each evening.  I didn't miss because I was gluttonous, but I was sick because I accidentally overate.  I am a glutton, yes, but that's not why I missed.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies