Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:29:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 154081 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: August 18, 2013, 06:47:28 PM »

And you forgot to mention this for a whole day?  I mean, it's possible, but that's not "Typical Bushie".
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1001 on: August 18, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »

Also, I've said this before, but I guess it got lost in the shuffle but the professor was just hired a week before class started.  He's literally be on the job just 3 weeks.  That first week, he had a lot of school orientation so he didn't have as much time as he wanted to develop his own plans. 

Again, if you were applying for jobs, wouldn't you want to have lesson plans ready?  That just seems like common sense to me.

What utter nonsense.  You have no understanding of academia, Inks.  In what job do people do the work before getting hired??  To say that a man should do all the work beforehand 'just in case he might be hired' is ridiculous.  What is wrong here is the school is a cheap operation, without a proper system in place.

When I was hired I didn't even have a single class for at least six months from the day of my hiring, and I even the rest of that first year I had only a very small number of classes.  Lecturers need LOTS of time to prepare.

OK, well everyone I've known who has done some type of teaching (and some of these people have been in vo-tech schools) has had lesson plans before they go into it (at least if they know a general idea of what type of course they'll be teaching).  I'm not saying he should do all the work, but you'd think he'd have the first few lessons planned out so that he could then continue making more lesson plans as the year progressed.  To not have anything ready is pretty unprofessional in my opinion.  YOU as a lecturer may need 6 months to prepare (even if you're only half as technology-challenged as you pretend you are), but I'm sure that's not the norm.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1002 on: August 18, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »

it is probably best bushie isnt going to the dietician any longer.

he was never going to follow her suggestions anyway.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1003 on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:32 PM »

it is probably best bushie isnt going to the dietician any longer.

he was never going to follow her suggestions anyway.

That's true; why waste his and her time and resources?  There was never really much of a point.  He should just admit that he never had any intention of doing so, though, instead of making up lame excuses.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1004 on: August 18, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »

Bushie, can you name any of the dietician's suggestions that you've actually stuck to?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1005 on: August 18, 2013, 07:19:58 PM »

Bushie, can you name any of the dietician's suggestions that you've actually stuck to?

Grabbing breakfast and a light lunch every morning.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1006 on: August 18, 2013, 07:27:03 PM »

I'm not sure the dietician had eating 4 slices of cinnamon toast in the morning in mind when she said grabbing breakfast. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1007 on: August 18, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »

I'm not sure the dietician had eating 4 slices of cinnamon toast in the morning in mind when she said grabbing breakfast. Tongue

Good point, but what are you going to do when you're pressed for time.  I don't have time of a morning to whip out the skillet and scramble a couple eggs.  To do so, I would have to get up at 4:15.  I'm already having to adjust my alarm to 4:40 tomorrow since I have to be out of the bathroom by 5:30 so Dad can get his shower.  He leaves before me, and when I stay in the bathroom until 5:40, it rushes him.  He could go before me, but that would mean he would have to get up an hour earlier than normal.  Logistically, it is not feasible to eat a good breakfast.  Cinnamon Toast is better than nothing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1008 on: August 18, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »

Good point, but what are you going to do when you're pressed for time.  I don't have time of a morning to whip out the skillet and scramble a couple eggs.  To do so, I would have to get up at 4:15.  I'm already having to adjust my alarm to 4:40 tomorrow since I have to be out of the bathroom by 5:30 so Dad can get his shower.  He leaves before me, and when I stay in the bathroom until 5:40, it rushes him.  He could go before me, but that would mean he would have to get up an hour earlier than normal.  Logistically, it is not feasible to eat a good breakfast.  Cinnamon Toast is better than nothing.

Yogurt and granola is another alternative. Cinnamon toast is just empty carbs + sugar, which you know is a no no, or you should know.

If you get up at 4:40 for an 8am class, how on earth do you not have time to make eggs? I wake up at 7:30 for my 9am classes and have plenty of time to make an egg or eat yogurt... 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: August 18, 2013, 08:03:06 PM »

Yogurt and granola is another alternative. Cinnamon toast is just empty carbs + sugar, which you know is a no no, or you should know.

If you get up at 4:40 for an 8am class, how on earth do you not have time to make eggs? I wake up at 7:30 for my 9am classes and have plenty of time to make an egg or eat yogurt... 

I'm not a fan of yogurt and granola is not enough.  I have a 7:40 class, not 8.  I leave at 6:40 to have time to chill before class, get started early, and give me a cushion in case of traffic.  Oklahoma does have rush hour, believe it or not.  I fix my lunch at 6:10, eat breakfast at 5:40, shave and brush my teeth at 5:15, watch the news and get my eyes open from 4:40-5:15.  I take my shower in the evenings, otherwise that would be 4:25.  If I fixed eggs as well, that would be 4:00.  Been there. Done that.  I would love to have eggs in the morning, but I don't want to go to bed super early to do so.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1010 on: August 18, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »

Apparently healthy, in-shape people are never in a rush.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1011 on: August 18, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »

If you get up at 4:40 for an 8am class, how on earth do you not have time to make eggs? 

^^^^
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1012 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »

I love Bushie's ridiculous excuses. Set a pot of water to boil, put two eggs in, take a ten minute shower, come back to hard boiled eggs and eat those with some whole wheat toast and a banana.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1013 on: August 18, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »

Lol. 30 minutes to eat breakfast. 30 minutes to make lunch. You can easily eat 2 eggs in 30 minutes. But it's okay. These excuses are part of your personality. I wouldn't know what to do if you were accountable and honest. Wink
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1014 on: August 18, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »

It takes longer to eat eggs than to fry some up. Absurd.  I guess when you have 25 minute teeth brushing sessions... hilarious.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1015 on: August 18, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »

I love Bushie's ridiculous excuses. Set a pot of water to boil, put two eggs in, take a ten minute shower, come back to hard boiled eggs and eat those with some whole wheat toast and a banana.

Hard-boiled eggs are hard to peel.  I agree with Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1016 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »

Hey, I have my own schedule.  It's not what most people would do, but its no less legit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: August 18, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »

I'm looking forward to week 3 of CADD. It's been a good class so far, I've made a lot of progress both chronologically and mentally. I've learned a lot in the first two weeks and I have really improved since my very first drawing about a week and a half ago. This week, I plan on going back over my drawings from the first two weeks on Monday, then taking Lesson 5 Test and Performance Test 2 on Tuesday, Start Lesson 6 Wednesday and Lesson 7 Friday.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1018 on: August 18, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »

Bushie just admit you don't want to eat healthy; that's fine. What we all have a problem with is your ridiculous excuses that don't make a lick of sense.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1019 on: August 18, 2013, 09:06:53 PM »

Hey, I have my own schedule.  It's not what most people would do, but its no less legit.

You'll never see changes, physical or otherwise, by stubbornly sticking to your "own schedule" but of course, we know that you have no real desire to do so making this moot.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1020 on: August 18, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »

Scrambled eggs are super quick! Spray a pan with Pam. Heat for 2 minutes, add a little salt and they're done. No time? Wtf?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1021 on: August 18, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »

Bushie just admit you don't want to eat healthy; that's fine. What we all have a problem with is your ridiculous excuses that don't make a lick of sense.

That's the thing, to me they make sense.  It makes sense to celebrate a major event by having a steak dinner.  That's called living, not bogging down with a diet.  Diets are not supposed to be rigid on weekends, at least not in our family.  It makes sense to grill hamburgers quite often.  That's called being an American.  What does not make sense is sticking to a rigid diet every day of the year without any kind of fun.  That leads to burn out very rapidly and actually can cause more weight gain because of the binging danger.  We eat healthy most of the time, believe it or not.  We don't have to cook exotic in order to eat healthy.  It makes sense to have pork chops, stuffing, corn, and green beans.  That is an American meal.  It makes sense to have enchilada casserole every once in a while.  There is a method to our madness.  What makes sense to you, may not make sense to me.  It doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't make you wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1022 on: August 18, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »

You'll never see changes, physical or otherwise, by stubbornly sticking to your "own schedule" but of course, we know that you have no real desire to do so making this moot.

So, my morning schedule is wrong and shows no desire to change?  That's complete bull.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: August 18, 2013, 09:09:23 PM »

Scrambled eggs are super quick! Spray a pan with Pam. Heat for 2 minutes, add a little salt and they're done. No time? Wtf?

Again, my morning schedule is ABSOLUTELY LEGIT.  No one can argue it is not.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1024 on: August 18, 2013, 09:12:39 PM »

Haha, yes! Bushie is reverting to his 2 year old mentality of shouting when backed into a corner!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies