Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:09:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153233 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: August 12, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »

Being a "bad test taker" is a bunch of bull. Either you know the material or you don't.

Wait, so 2 poorly worded questions won't make you fail?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #726 on: August 12, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »

i fear we will see a response from bushie in the near future that will read something like this:  'well folks, it is back to the call center...'

anyway, bushie, as others have said, stop worrying about may.  worry about today and actually *study*
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #727 on: August 12, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »

Being a "bad test taker" is a bunch of bull. Either you know the material or you don't.

You've never heard of test anxiety and drawing blanks at test time?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #728 on: August 12, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »

I'm still at class for another 10 minutes.  I've accomplished everything I set out to do today and will take test 3 tomorrow morning.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #729 on: August 12, 2013, 02:54:56 PM »

knowing the material != knowing the answers to the questions that will be on the test

(spoken as someone who has aced many tests without knowing sh!t about the topic theoretically being covered)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #730 on: August 12, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »

We're coming into an early Monday evening. I am home from Day 6 of school. I accomplished what I set out to do today, which was to complete of Lesson 3 except for the test. I will retake Test 2 tomorrow first thing and then will take Test 3 immediately following depending on the score of the Test 2 re-retake. If all goes well, I will have Test 2 finished by 8:30, Test 3 finished by lunch, and the Performance Test of Lessons 1-3 finished by the end of the day. If I can do all this, then I can start on Lesson 4 Wednesday, and maybe complete it since its so short. We'll see.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #731 on: August 12, 2013, 03:31:46 PM »

In Chapter 8 of our textbook which is the last chapter of LAP 3, it started getting into actual drafting, instead of just drawing.  It took me a while to grasp the concepts of drafting, but I'm catching on.  It took me about 3-4 hours to go through Chapter 8 which is awfully slow for a short chapter and one drawing problem.  I was trying to draw most of the drafts in the book according to the scale specifications provided.  I had to have help as most beginners do, but I am grasping the concepts and improving slowly but surely.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #732 on: August 12, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »

Please study for the Test 2 retake only and worry about the other stuff later.  You're getting ahead of yourself and trying to do too many things at once. Will your instructor even let you take Test 2 a fourth time if you fail it yet again?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #733 on: August 12, 2013, 04:40:23 PM »

Bushie are you enjoying cad?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #734 on: August 12, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »

He's enjoying being able to fail at something so he can say he tried.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #735 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »

I heart Bushie's sister in law.  She slams him again.

She's just a greedy cuckoo-bird, like all inlaws.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #736 on: August 12, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »

Please study for the Test 2 retake only and worry about the other stuff later.  You're getting ahead of yourself and trying to do too many things at once. Will your instructor even let you take Test 2 a fourth time if you fail it yet again?

My instructor will make me retake it again.  Mind you, this attempt and subsequent attempts do not count toward my class grade, this is just about gaining the knowledge.  There will likely be some point he gives up and says move on for sake of time and I don't know what the threshold his, whether it's after the 3rd attempt, 4th, 5th, or when.  I plan not to find out.  Although, he did say he is going to try a different approach for the 2nd and subsequent attempts.  He did not reveal what that attempt is, but I don't plan on finding out for either Test 2 or Test 3.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #737 on: August 12, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »

He's enjoying being able to fail at something so he can say he tried.

Walter, I am really enjoying CADD.  It's starting to get really fun in there.

King, I am not exactly failing.  The tests are just one part of the grade.  Mind you, to pass the course I need just a 60, preferably 70.  With the lap tests, I've got an average of 80 out of four attempts.  Plus, I have a perfect score in the other areas, so all together I'm sitting at roughly 95% for the entire course.  My Performance Test tomorrow afternoon will be the first true gauge.  Those alone are worth 50% of the grade and they are all hands-on, which means drawing.  So, that's the one I'm really focused on.  Of course, I still have to pass Tests 2 and 3 first.  I've got the answers of Test 2 written down from the review, so I should be fine there.  Test 3 is really my next big obstacle.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: August 12, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

Changing the subject just a bit, very quietly I have drifted back down to a weight of 259.6, mainly by eating less and eating somewhat better.  I know if I switch back to completely diet, I will lose weight even faster.  Since Mom and Dad both have diabetes, Mom is going to test my blood sugar every week with the machine and strips she uses just to make sure I keep the diabetes bug away as long as possible.  Basically, I am about to start living as a diabetic, even though I don't have diabetes, mainly to try to prevent the disease as best I can or at least prolong it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #739 on: August 12, 2013, 05:58:17 PM »

Changing the subject just a bit, very quietly I have drifted back down to a weight of 259.6, mainly by eating less and eating somewhat better.  I know if I switch back to completely diet, I will lose weight even faster.  Since Mom and Dad both have diabetes, Mom is going to test my blood sugar every week with the machine and strips she uses just to make sure I keep the diabetes bug away as long as possible.  Basically, I am about to start living as a diabetic, even though I don't have diabetes, mainly to try to prevent the disease as best I can or at least prolong it.

Stop Mcdonald, stop hamburgers and horrible sport. Practise sport, and you will have a better life!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: August 12, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »

Bushie if you were to drop out or flunk out of cad by sept 1, would your parents take the new computer back?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #741 on: August 12, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

Bushie if you were to drop out or flunk out of cad by sept 1, would your parents take the new computer back?

No, but that's not even a possibility.  Stop being negative, my friend...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #742 on: August 12, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

Financially, are your parents in a good period?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #743 on: August 12, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »

They're alright.  They're not rich, but they're not dirt poor.  They are definitely middle class.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #744 on: August 12, 2013, 06:27:36 PM »

Unfortunately, it's a very real possibility. I'm pulling for you though... it'd be great if you could surprise us all (in a good way) with these upcoming tests.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #745 on: August 12, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »

The writers manage to even make a storyline about test taking riveting! Truly they are masters of their craft.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: August 12, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »

Unfortunately, it's a very real possibility. I'm pulling for you though... it'd be great if you could surprise us all (in a good way) with these upcoming tests.

How is it a very real possibility?  I've only failed one lesson test so far, and am doing well in all the other areas.  I have slowed down.  Why does everyone have so little faith?  I appreciate the well wishes, but I would like some positivity here, too!  Is that possible?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: August 12, 2013, 06:30:29 PM »

The writers manage to even make a storyline about test taking riveting! Truly they are masters of their craft.

These writers come from the hallowed halls of Choctaw High School and Northwestern Oklahoma State University!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #748 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »

Waiting for Bushie's next test scores is now almost like waiting for the next episode of Breaking Bad.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #749 on: August 12, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »

How is it a very real possibility?  I've only failed one lesson test so far, and am doing well in all the other areas.  I have slowed down.  Why does everyone have so little faith?  I appreciate the well wishes, but I would like some positivity here, too!  Is that possible?

It's only going to get harder from here on out, surely you know that.

Also, I hope you're truthful with us (and more importantly your parents and real life friends) about this next batch of grades.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies