Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:48:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153313 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2013, 09:00:58 AM »

Opebo is right. They can't change. They won't. They'll shoot up on insulin, pig out on cake and act like nothing has changed.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »

I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a newbie when it comes to nutrition, because I really am.

It's not like people have been giving you tips for three years on an internet message board or something...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2013, 09:30:56 AM »

Bushie's attitude reminds me of the alcoholic who thinks he can just cut back and everything will be ok.

At least alcoholics know the difference between alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Bushie and Company are completely clueless as to what constitutes are reasonable meal.

We started off the evening by eating at Braums, an amazing regional fast-food joint here in Oklahoma (we also have some in southern Kansas). I got a third pound bacon cheeseburger, while Jeff got a double third pound cheeseburger. We both chose to get a malt with our order (per his advice) - I got strawberry, though I am honestly unsure what he got.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2013, 09:49:49 AM »

Good Saturday Morning. I woke up feeling kind of crummy. My stomach started hurting last night and it hasn't let up. I was able to eat breakfast, though it was hard to get it down and somewhat of a challenge to keep it down. I can see a few naps in my future today. Grilled pizza may be in jeopardy this evening. We'll see.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »

Opebo is right. They can't change. They won't. They'll shoot up on insulin, pig out on cake and act like nothing has changed.

of course they can change.  they dont want to.  there is a difference.

diabetes is a fatal disease if not managed.  and it causes all sorts of unpleasantness before death.  bushie and his family dont understand that.  basically every diabetic ive ever met doesnt understand that.

bushie is 32 and has health problems a 70 year old would have.  yet he keeps pigging out like it is no big deal.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »

Thats what I mean. He won't change. He doesn't want to change. His whole family doesn't want to change. They literally eat crap every day of the year and hardly want to change. No wonder they all have diabetes.

They don't know how and lack the intellectual curiosity to change. It's sad that he has resigned himself to diabetes so he can keep pigging out on chocolate cake and pizza.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2013, 11:33:23 AM »

Good Saturday Morning. I woke up feeling kind of crummy. My stomach started hurting last night and it hasn't let up. I was able to eat breakfast, though it was hard to get it down and somewhat of a challenge to keep it down. I can see a few naps in my future today. Grilled pizza may be in jeopardy this evening. We'll see.

bushie you seem to have upset stomachs a lot.

have you ever considered the cause?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2013, 12:16:25 PM by memphis »

I know some diabetics who are very careful about their diets. They're also slim because it's very hard to be even moderately fat on an appropriate diet for a diabetic. Obesity does greatly increase risk for diabetes but fit people can get it too. I would like to be more encouraging and less judgemental about his diet because I think that would be more effective in helping him change his habits. In that spirit, I'd like to encourage him to cook for himself more often. It's really not that hard, will help him lose weight, and will save a ton of money. What do you say about some fun kitchen time Bushie? I want to help.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »

Memphis, we'll be cooking a lot more as a family over the coming weeks and months.  We're still going to have the pizza this evening and the hamburgers tomorrow, but that's just because we want to enjoy our weekend.  We'll get started cooking as a family on Tuesday, probably, because we have to take JJ to the vet at 1645 Monday for another round of his puppy boosters.  If you could give me an idea how your proposal would work since we're 500 miles away, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

I will provide detailed instructions with pictures for simple and nutritious recipes that you will also make in your home. Would you be willing to do this?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

I will provide detailed instructions with pictures for simple and nutritious recipes that you will also make in your home. Would you be willing to do this?

I'd have to talk about it with the folks, first.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »

I'd have to talk about it with the folks, first.
Ok. Let me know. I think this could be fun for both of us. You know how to use an oven, right? If not, no worries. That can be our first lesson.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2013, 04:40:14 PM »

Don't waste your time, Memphis. We've been giving him advice for 4 years that he's ignored.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »

Don't waste your time, Memphis. We've been giving him advice for 4 years that he's ignored.
Maybe it hasn't been structured in a way that was helpful to him. I want to try a different approach.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »

I'll talk to them about it over dinner here in a little bit, but I can say for right now that we do have fresh fruit in the house now - plums, nectorines, and cherries.  I've been pushing for this for about two weeks now based on the recommendation of my dietitian having fresh fruit for lunch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »

Fruit isn't good for a diabetic. Those you listed have some of the most sugar of any fruit out there. My grandma was diabetic and the doctor told her to eat little fruit. It's like you're doing all you can to worsen diabetes. Tongue good god man.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »

Maybe it hasn't been structured in a way that was helpful to him. I want to try a different approach.

Maybe, but these people all have diabetes and they're just laughing about it and having meetings to decide whether they want to change their diet from pizza and burgers and cake to something else. Good luck getting through to them. They don't use their brains at all.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »

Walter, my mother gave me $20 to go out to eat last night as her and Dad were going to a dinner and theatrical show with their Sunday School class at church.  She told me to go out and enjoy myself, as well.  Of course, she didn't expect me to be so stupid as to get the monster cake as its called on the menu, but oh well.  That chocolate cake while part of her twenty was my responsibility.  Thankfully, it didn't hurt me as bad as I thought it would.  Normally, chocolate gives me migraine headaches instantly before I finish swallowing the cake.  This time the headache was a slow build up and it got marginally severe briefly, but stayed at a moderate level all evening.  I had to take some medicine before I went to bed for it, but not my migraine pills.  I would have been totally fine, and better off, had I just had the Bacon Cheeseburger and fries that preceded the cake.  Oh well.  You only live once, right?

My brother is a religious man, but not to the extent I am.

You eat chocolate knowing it's going to cause a headache, and then take pills to fix it?  Months ago you were complaining about your headaches like they were the worst thing in the world... that's not really a rational action.  And it's probably destroying your liver.

Major changes are about to come to this house.  We just found out some startling news this morning regarding Dad.  He went to take a physical this morning, and it turns out he has diabetes.  This makes both Mom and Dad diabetic.  So, I can probably expect major changes to come to this house in the short term.  Most of the sweet stuff in the house will probably not return once it is consumed.  Sugar free syrup may become a staple at breakfast.  We'll have to sit down as a family and discuss the changes.  Since Mom and Dad are both diabetic, I had better watch myself closely as it may become inevitable no matter what I do that I become a diabetic since I am, in effect, surrounded by it.  Dad's not near as big as I am, either.  He's about 70.5" tall and weighs in the very low 200's.  He is a lot more physically active than I am as he works out in the shop doing carpentry work and stuff like that whenever the weather will allow him.  On one hand, it is sad that he is now diabetic, but on the other hand the changes about to be made are long overdue.

You've been saying changes to how your family eats have been coming for years...

As far as our reaction to Dad's diagnosis.  We all were laughing when he got home.  You can either get really upset and distraught or you can take it in stride and laugh.  We chose the laughing route.  Dad joked that he is now "joining the medicine club."  Up until now, he has not had to take medicine on a daily basis.  He'll be fine.  We know where we need to cut down and we'll have further meetings as a family, but it doesn't mean we're going to stop enjoying ourselves  in the food department, especially on the weekends.  As a family we have a policy that diets are not allowed to begin on weekends.  Weekends are about having fun with what you're eating and enjoy yourself.  Healthy (or healthier) eating is for Monday-Thursday night.  When Dad has Friday off, Thursday night gets lumped in with the weekend enjoyment.  We will continue to enjoy ourselves.  Clearly there needs to be changes to what we are doing, and those changes will come, but we are not going to throw everything in the cupboard in the trash and start over just because of a diagnosis.  We'll make gradual changes.

Eating "healthy" (I'll believe it when I see it) 57% of the time isn't really what a diabetic needs.  You may be laughing now, but when you're in the hospital after an amputation for a gangrene problem, things won't be so funny.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2013, 05:11:06 PM »

As far as the meals Monday through Thursday, we're going to have meatloaf one night, slow cooked roast and potatoes one night, spaghetti, fish filets, and soft tacos.  Wednesday nights are generally another foraging night since Mom and I both have to leave for church at 1800.

That's 5 meals... or are you having two of those on one night?

Oh, and I know I'm next.  I know my time is coming, but I'm not going to stress over it.  I'll do what I need to and continue to live life.

See, this is why I hate the part of Obamacare that made it so that companies have to ensure people with preexisting conditions.  You and your family are the type of people who cause insurance premiums for the rest of America to go up.

Oh, and I know I'm next.  I know my time is coming, but I'm not going to stress over it.  I'll do what I need to and continue to live life.

You say you're not resigned to diabetes, but then what on earth did you mean when you said this?

And increased doctor visits for your family = less money (unless your insurance is REALLY good and you don't have any copays).  How will you and your family afford all of this, plus double amounts of insulin?

I think I'm going to go ahead and wrap it up.  It is Saturday Morning at Midnight in Oklahoma and I need to get some sleep so I can get up at a decent time for breakfast.

Well, forget about going to bed right now.  I forgot my bed time medicine, so since I just took that at 0005, it will be 0050 before I can go to bed.  I don't like to go to bed right after I've taken my medicine.  I like to wait 45 minutes.

What medicine is that?  Again, all of this medicine can't be good for your liver.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »

The amputation will be chalked up to "god's will."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

You hate that people with serious illnesses will be able to see a doctor? And most likely will be able to manage these diseases instead of waiting for an acute emergency to go to the ER? What the hell is the matter with you?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2013, 05:35:50 PM »

Inks, I've already said I was stupid for eating that chocolate cake. No need in beating a dead horse, though you like to do that quite often.

EVERYBODY is allowed to enjoy their weekend food times. EVERYBODY

5 meals, means one will be the next week.

So, you wish we would shrivel up and die?

Mom and I have Indian care.

The bed time medicine is my fish oil (cholesterol) and my Tourette's medicine.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »

Enjoyable food doesn't need to be incredibly unhealthy.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »

You hate that people with serious illnesses will be able to see a doctor? And most likely will be able to manage these diseases instead of waiting for an acute emergency to go to the ER? What the hell is the matter with you?

No, I hate that people with serious illnesses can see a doctor that the rest of insurance holders subsidize, not because they actually need the medicine, but because they make poor life decisions, and as soon as they're done with their doctor visit, they go right back to making those poor life decisions.  In nature, animals like that don't exactly survive...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2013, 05:44:20 PM »

I think what Inks means is this is the reason why our healthcare is so expensive - people like Bushie's family living recklessly and not caring when they get sick because they have insurance to cover it. I mean, they have diabetes and they are not sure whether to even consider changing their diet.

This "talk" of changing their habits has been doing on for years now.

And no, Inks doesn't want you to die, Bushie, but you will be dead soon if you continue to live as you are living. You and your parents both. A diet that doesn't consist of burgers, pizza, pot roast and cake isn't a diet that means you will shrivel up and die. Knock it off already. This is why we know you won't change. You'll just leech off the government teet for survival.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies