Office of Supersonic (Ind-TN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:44:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Supersonic (Ind-TN)  (Read 1888 times)
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2013, 05:11:21 PM by Supersonic »

"Take a seat and I'll pour y'all some whiskey".

Position:

- IDS legislator. 22/07/2013-22/09/2013 (Federalist)
- IDS legislator. 25/11/2013-present. (Independent Conservative)

Voting history:

- The Imperial Security Act 25/07/2013
- Liberalisation Act of 2013 10/08/2013
- South East Militia Dissolution Act 16/08/2013
- IDS Flag Redesign Act of 2013 05/12/2013
-
-

Welcome to the Office of Supersonic! Here I'll co-ordinate campaigns, constituent questions and the distribution of whiskey. So, put your feet up and wind down. Just don't mark the leather.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »

Congratulations! Hope you decide to run as an IDS legislator after this appointment.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »

How do you feel about the still ongoing discussions of changing the name back to something like "the South"?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »

How do you feel about the still ongoing discussions of changing the name back to something like "the South"?

If it's just a simple name change, then I would consider it yes, though I am strongly in favour of the 'Imperial System' and would not vote for any significant changes to it. Though, of course, I would have to see the bill in question.

Congratulations! Hope you decide to run as an IDS legislator after this appointment.

Thank you indeed! I have yet to decide, though all will be revealed soon.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »

Congratulations! Great news for yourself and the IDS. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 03:19:29 PM »

Congratulations! Great news for yourself and the IDS. Smiley

Ha, thanks indeed ZuWo.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 05:22:17 PM »

I would not trust a Britain-shaped avatar talking about "whiskey", sorry.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »

Congratulations! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 07:40:14 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_whiskey Tongue
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 06:53:44 AM »

Yeah, Nappy, I know what "whiskEy" is, it's just nothing to do with "whisky", and is nowhere nearly as good, and anybody who values Britain in any sense should know that. Cheesy
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

I wouldn't trust myself either. Wink

Cheers.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 01:55:36 PM »

Yeah, Nappy, I know what "whiskEy" is, it's just nothing to do with "whisky", and is nowhere nearly as good, and anybody who values Britain in any sense should know that. Cheesy

Ah but he is in Tennessee here. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »

Ah but he is in Tennessee here. Smiley

I play the part well.

Now let me get you something.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:48 AM »

Glad to see you took the plunge. I've taken a keen interest in the workings of the Legislature for my weekly column in PJ's paper, so I am looking forward to seeing great things out of you. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »

Glad to see you took the plunge. I've taken a keen interest in the workings of the Legislature for my weekly column in PJ's paper, so I am looking forward to seeing great things out of you. Smiley

Oh, the pressure. Tongue

I aim to appease.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »

I'll be issuing a statement on The Imperial Security Act (IDS 2) shortly.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »

Statement on The Imperial Security Act

I have read the arguments laid out by the Imperial Legislature regarding this proposed bill, and have ultimately decided to vote against due to several reasons which I will flesh out below. However, I would like to add that I understand the reasoning behind its proposition and why it has been so forcefully debated on both sides of the aisle.

Firstly:

- I'm wary about a bill needing to define what 'terrorism' is at the regional level. In my mind, and I do consider myself strongly pro-regional rights, this is the responsibility of the federal government. While the IDS does have a strong responsibility to combat terrorism, this should be in league with federal agencies. Not on some gung-ho, regional one man army.

Secondly:

- The definition of terrorism as making the game 'unplayable' seems somewhat vague. If a governor and legislature desired to remove in-game positions, by right, they would have been elected, and would therefore have a mandate for doing so. I would argue that it is down to the good judgement of the voters to determine whom they want in power. If, a said group is elected that desires to cause drastic changes to a region, then they would have a democratic mandate to do so. Especially as, as far as I'm aware, all regions use STV-PR.

Thirdly:

- I believe this bill to be a knee-jerk reaction to the events in the Pacific which were happening around the time of its proposal. As I'm writing this, the situation seems to have been calmed significantly, and the region is undergoing 'repairs'. If some consider the NM-AM to be so horribly objectionable, then my response would be 'don't vote for them'. In addition, the NM-AM have a long standing political history in Atlasia, running in multiple federal elections. This bill seems unduly aimed at them, and not at the whole concept of 'terrorism' in and of itself.

Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »

Statement on Atlasia -vs- Militarized Forces of the IDS and the Pacific

I am happy that the Supreme Court has decided to recognize the rights bestowed onto it by the federal constitution, the tradition of the Southern militia forces today has been preserved. Nevertheless there is still much uncertainty regarding the role of the various militia groups in the Imperial Dominion of the South. As stated in the ruling, the Senate may yet investigate the matter and a bill is currently before the Imperial Legislature that would radically alter the current system.

On the issue of the Senate, I believe it would be whimsical for the federal legislature to upset seven years of precedent by interfering in what is a strictly 'southern' issue. As for the bill before the legislature, I promised to withhold judgment on the militia issue before the Supreme Court ruled. Now, with the acknowledgment of the judiciary, I intend to oppose efforts to abolish the current militia system and work to protect the work of good, patriotic, southern citizens.

On a final note, I would like to commend Bacon King for his superb efforts in defending our traditions before the Supreme Court. An absolutely fantastic effort.

For the readers pleasure:

In Atlasia vs. the IDS, the Supreme court has come to a decision in favor of the defendant. This was a tougher decision, but we do not believe the federal constitution bars a region from having armed police or a regional guard. Although the SE militia does come dangerously close to sounding more like a military, it was created in 2005 and acknowledged by the Senate in 2006. Until the Senate says otherwise we believe there is sufficient evidence that they have consented to the existence of the SE militia.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »

Statement on the August IDS elections

I have received a couple messages asking whether I intend to stand for re-election to the Imperial Legislature. I can confirm that I will set out my plans in the coming day or so.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »

Excuse me, Mr. Supersonic, [Assistant to the Regional Manager Cathcon of the Mideast walks] Hello, may I smoke?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 05:50:08 PM »

Excuse me, Mr. Supersonic, [Assistant to the Regional Manager Cathcon of the Mideast walks] Hello, may I smoke?

Of course. This is the people's office.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »

Statement on the IDS Stimulus Fund

For those avid southern politicos, the Imperial Legislature is currently negotiating with Emperor SJoyce regarding how best to spend $15b in federal stimulus money. At the moment, only ideas are being thrown around. I initially proposed that the money be transferred to a Rainy Day Fund for future use, however it seems the South already has $50b in the pot, a substantial amount indeed. Port and internal waterway expansion, as well as Mass Transit support have been put forward.

As a very rough plan, I have suggested that the $15b be divided into three categories: Energy. Transport. Tax. My post on this is here:

So, $5b to transport, another $5b to energy and the remainder for another cause. Preferably a tax freeze. I would favour airport expansion over inland waterway expansion, though ports are a different matter. In terms of energy, a nuclear power station alongside a wind power array off the coast could work (money permitting). The remaining $5b could go a small way to alleviating taxes for a small period.

Subsequently discussing nuclear power with the Speaker has led to the following very broad brushed proposal of:

Port expansion, plus a tax freeze,  maybe combined with a wind power array. Perhaps a small bonus for airport expansion could be swung in there too.

Personally, I am quite interesting to see what my Labour Party and NM-AM counterparts feel on the matter.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »

On the 12th of August, I stated that I intend to plan out my future in regards to the Imperial Legislature as seen below:

I have received a couple messages asking whether I intend to stand for re-election to the Imperial Legislature. I can confirm that I will set out my plans in the coming day or so.

Thus I can confirm that I will be running for a full term in the upcoming IDS regional elections.

Yes, yes, hold the applause..
Of course, if elected to a full term, I promise to remain a faithful and active member of the legislature. Naturally, I wouldn't be running if I didn't feel this was possible. Hence my delayed reaction in declaring my intentions in regards to the upcoming election. Now I will not mince words. I am quite the solid conservative. Though hopefully, my personability shines a bit more than my, to quote a fan, "horrific", PM score.

Though despite my dastardly conservative views, I feel that above all else I have been pragmatic in my opinions and not an ideologue. Evidently, I have not been in the legislature for a significant amount of time so I don't have a lot to show as evidence for this. I voted against the 'Imperial Security Act' which damned the NM-AM, and suggested some sensible common sense amendment proposals to the 'IDS Liberalisation Act of 2013' which increased the age of consent from, 12 to 16, and ensured seatbelt requirements were not abolished, these were included in legislator Hashemite's proposed amendments.

Now, in the event of tl;dr. I'm running for a full term in the IDS legislature. So:

If anyone has any questions, of course, I'll answer. Now who wants a drink?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »

Campaign Schedule of Supersonic

14/08/2013

Morning: N/A
Afternoon: N/A
Evening: Announcement of campaign, Nashville, TN.

15/08/2013

Morning: Visit to LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, TN.
Afternoon: Meet and Greet at the Young Federalists gathering, Nashville, TN.
Evening: Campaign briefing and travel.

16/08/2013

Morning: Rally in Murfreesboro, TN.
(Late) Afternoon: Education speech at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga, TN.
Evening: Town hall Q&A session in Chattanooga, TN.

17/08/2013

Morning: Travel.
Afternoon: Transport speech in Mobile, AL.
Evening: Dinner guest at the Alabama Business Association, Mobile, AL.

18/08/2013

Morning: Campaign briefing and travel.
Afternoon: Speech regarding IDS militia debate, Jackson, MS.
Evening: Town Hall Q&A, Jackson, MS.

19/08/2013

Morning: Press Conference.
Afternoon: Travel.
Evening: Town Hall Q&A in Shreveport, LA.

20/08/2013

Morning: Meeting with the Southern Veterans Group, Shreveport, LA.
Afternoon: Travel.
Evening: Guest at a gathering of the Atlasian Conservative Union, Little Rock, AR.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »

Election Time folks

So, the voting booth is open on the third weekend of the month and not concurrent with the at-large Senate elections which I, and others, had assumed. Nonetheless, if you want my musing in the IDS legislature for another two months I would most appreciate your vote. Thanks guys and gal/s.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies