The Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:10:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Center for Freedom, Patriotism, and Consumer Choice  (Read 10016 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »

Governance according to Republican principles and good rock music from the '60's to '80's.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 07:02:06 AM »

[...]  And consider, also, that Paula Deen grew up in the South in a different time.  That doesn't excuse it, but I'm sure there were plenty of people back then who used the N-word because it was the word they were used to hearing, although it's definitely offensive.[...]

But Robert Byrd is racist, racist, racist. You're a real confusing person, you know that?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »

[...]  And consider, also, that Paula Deen grew up in the South in a different time.  That doesn't excuse it, but I'm sure there were plenty of people back then who used the N-word because it was the word they were used to hearing, although it's definitely offensive.[...]

But Robert Byrd is racist, racist, racist. You're a real confusing person, you know that?
Apples to oranges; I explained this to Cathcon.  I haven't seen Paula Deen exhibit any racism aside from a (most likely casual) use of the N-word.  Robert Byrd had the actions and the history to back up his racism.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 09:17:06 AM »

I say this as a Christian and someone who very much believes in God, I don't generally buy into this stuff, whether it's the Virgin Mary's face on a grilled cheese sandwich, or Mother Teresa's face on a cinnamon bun, or this.

But you have to admit, grilled cheese and cinnamon buns are gifts of God, no?

Cinnamon buns are clearly made by the devil, as they contain a ludicrous amount of calories. They are there to lead us into temptation and God punishes us by adding to our rotundness. Abstain from cinnamon buns and their ilk and you shall be thin, so sayeth the Lord.

The good Lord did not make calories so that we may abstain from them, my good sir.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »

I find it hard to over-rate the Savior of the World. And don't get me started on Jesus.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »

Oh, no, you misunderstand. Oldies has no problem with racists, he's fine with voting for them - it's those racist Democrats who are the problem. Racist Republicans are fine.

Mississippi - Trent Lott (R) (Probably reluctantly)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 08:46:36 PM »

It also seems that Oldiesfreak, possibly due to being a massive GOP hack and possible due to his autism, is unable to see covert racism (which I'll explain below), which is much more prevalent in America today than overt racism (example of overt racism: "I hate those n***ers!")

Overt racism is the use of code words (often known as the dogwhistle) to scare or rile up working and middle-class white voters into voting for you. Common dogwhistles include "state's rights", almost anything related to welfare or other anti-poverty programs (especially after 1996), "tough on crime", and most of the War on Drugs, and it's what brought conservative white southerners into the Republican fold after the Johnson administration.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:38 PM »

This has been The Wikipedia Chronicles, with your host, Professor of Race Relations Snow "Poll tests have merit" Stalker.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »

Haha, did he say that?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »

I got pissed off at dumb right-wing news comments, and raised the idea that everyone have to take the citizenship test before being able to vote. This had...unfortunate implications, and I for the record do not support the idea.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2013, 10:48:07 PM »

It also seems that Oldiesfreak, possibly due to being a massive GOP hack and possible due to his autism, is unable to see covert racism (which I'll explain below), which is much more prevalent in America today than overt racism (example of overt racism: "I hate those n***ers!")

Overt racism is the use of code words (often known as the dogwhistle) to scare or rile up working and middle-class white voters into voting for you. Common dogwhistles include "state's rights", almost anything related to welfare or other anti-poverty programs (especially after 1996), "tough on crime", and most of the War on Drugs, and it's what brought conservative white southerners into the Republican fold after the Johnson administration.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 01:17:05 PM »

Maybe Oldiesfreak does not hear the dogwhistle because he is not the dog? 
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »

No, I don't hear it because it's not there.  The only racists are the ones who see racism in phrases like that.   And conservative white Southerners were becoming more Republican before the Johnson administration due to economic issues and a more moderate position on racial issues.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2013, 08:00:43 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Oh, no, you misunderstand. Oldies has no problem with racists, he's fine with voting for them - it's those racist Democrats who are the problem. Racist Republicans are fine.

Mississippi - Trent Lott (R) (Probably reluctantly)
Wrong again.  One positive comment about Strom Thurmond does not a racist make.  And did you not read what I said immediately afterwards?
Anyway, Chris Dodd once said that Robert Byrd would make "a great Senator at any time in history."  Does that make him a racist?  Where's your outrage over that?  How is that any different from Trent Lott (other than being from opposite parties)?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »

This is what happens when Democrats get elected to office and initiate economic policies. It's also what happens when government gets too big.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »

No, I don't hear it because it's not there.  The only racists are the ones who see racism in phrases like that.   And conservative white Southerners were becoming more Republican before the Johnson administration due to economic issues and a more moderate position on racial issues.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In fact, this entire article is worth your time.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »

Snowstalker, once you take away that ellipsis from the quote, Lee Atwater is basically saying that if it's code for race it's so abstract that whether or not its code for race ceases to matter. He's saying it's not a dog whistle because the dog ain't gonna hear it.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »

Snowstalker, once you take away that ellipsis from the quote, Lee Atwater is basically saying that if it's code for race it's so abstract that whether or not its code for race ceases to matter. He's saying it's not a dog whistle because the dog ain't gonna hear it.
Exactly.  Lee Atwater wasn't necessarily talking about the Southern strategy, he was talking about racial politics in general.  And he wasn't saying they were dog whistles, just that it didn't matter whether or not they were because they were such nebulous terms.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »

Does being a Forum Democrat to begin with count? OH! Buh dum chs!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »

freedom chili. I use to work at Wendy's and would make the chili every morning. I would eat it mostly during the winter but also in the fall and spring when it was cool.

All of the stuff to make the chili was prepackaged or in cans it was

1 can of chili base then you refill the can with water
1 package of chili seasoning mix in with the base.
1 can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 can of red beans drained and rinsed
1 package of vegetables
all the ingredients except the meat were mixed in tall plastic containers and refrigerated until needed usually not more than a day or so.

the meat was added when the chili when on the stove to cook. The meat came from the hamburger patties, any burnt or overcooked patties were used but you would also add regular cooked patties that were fine. The meat was stored in a pan in a heated drawer until full. the meat would be cooled and frozen unless used right away, which happened because we were behind or out of meat. The frozen meat would be heated to a boil in a pan of water then drained and chopped up finely and added to the chili as it goes on the stove or sometimes after the chili has been on the stove for a hour or so which is not the proper way and sometimes you can tell it was done this way because the meat doesn't have a good chili favor because it was not in the chili long enough. This is how they did it at the Wendy's I worked at it may be different at other Wendy's.

all the ingredients except the meat were put in tall plastic containers and refrigerated until needed usually not more than a day or so.

The chili had to cook for 4 hours. Left over chili from the previous day was cooled down and refrigerated and cooked for at least 2 more hours the next day then reused. That was the good chili because it cooked longer and therefore tasted better. Personally I think the chili needed to cook for more than 4 hours.
Really, no fingers? Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

You may have taken a Risk to Scrabble for a Monopoly on humor, but if you had a Clue you would know that Life shows that Operation is a Trivial Pursuit.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »

Bumping this for obvious reasons. I've tried.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 04:16:44 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2014, 04:18:43 AM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

Bumped again for obvious reasons.

For the love of God, Oldies use it. I can even give you your own Deluge if you want.

The Democratic Party is no longer racist. You're an African American and yes, while "Democrats" like Jackson, Breckenridge and Buchanan were racist, it was FDR and especially Eleanor, both Democrats who started to work to expand black rights in the modern day. There's no doubt that we still had racist Dems after that like Bill Fullbright and even still today, but you should understand that while history's important, present day politics will always matter most. Republicans are against government assistance that blacks in large quantities need, have little diversity in the party, support racist Stand Your Ground laws, are against affirmative action, and you can see in conservative Tea Party Republicans like Kasich and Walker try and suppress the vote of blacks by cutting early voting, requiring IDs to vote, and ending Sunday voting. Lincoln Chafee, a Republican turned Democrat, is not racist. Charlie Crist, a Republican turned Democrat, is not a racist. Jim Jeffords, a Republican turned I-D, is not a racist. Al Franken, a DFL, is not a racist. Amy Klobuchar, a DFL, is not a racist. Dianne Feinstein is not a racist. Barbara Boxer is not a racist. Sherrod Brown is not a racist. Ed FitzGerald is not a racist. Mark Schauer is not a racist.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »

For the love of God, Oldies use it. I can even give you your own Deluge if you want.

The Democratic Party is no longer racist. You're an African American and yes, while "Democrats" like Jackson, Breckenridge and Buchanan were racist, it was FDR and especially Eleanor, both Democrats who started to work to expand black rights in the modern day. There's no doubt that we still had racist Dems after that like Bill Fullbright and even still today, but you should understand that while history's important, present day politics will always matter most. Republicans are against government assistance that blacks in large quantities need, have little diversity in the party, support racist Stand Your Ground laws, are against affirmative action, and you can see in conservative Tea Party Republicans like Kasich and Walker try and suppress the vote of blacks by cutting early voting, requiring IDs to vote, and ending Sunday voting. Lincoln Chafee, a Republican turned Democrat, is not racist. Charlie Crist, a Republican turned Democrat, is not a racist. Jim Jeffords, a Republican turned I-D, is not a racist. Al Franken, a DFL, is not a racist. Amy Klobuchar, a DFL, is not a racist. Dianne Feinstein is not a racist. Barbara Boxer is not a racist. Sherrod Brown is not a racist. Ed FitzGerald is not a racist. Mark Schauer is not a racist.

Martin Luther King was also close to the Democrats and the Kennedys, but I guess that was just his racism.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »

Martin Luther King was also close to the Democrats and the Kennedys, but I guess that was just his racism.
Martin Luther King never identified or affiliated with any political party.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies