How did these post graduate majors vote? (2012) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:41:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How did these post graduate majors vote? (2012) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How did these post graduate majors vote? (2012)  (Read 7213 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 06, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

Actually, here in Laramie, I know of at least 3 or 4 Math or Cosci PostDocs and Professors whose opinions at times read off of the 2012 Republican Party Platform almost verbatim. I know this because one repeatedly makes jokes in class about the budget being so high, another one talked about union busting, "getting the Government off the backs of scientists" and about how wrong it was not to call illegal immigrants, illegal immigrants.  Another one just talked about busting unions. Another one put on defensive body language and said "I don't want to talk about it" when I mentioned Obama's debate performance. He's probably a staunch anticommunist because he's from the Eastern Bloc.  Then again, this is Wyoming and I even know a Poli Sci professor who made jokes about Sen. Simpson being pro abortion when she said, "they like to be called pro-choice" and a religion professor who said Barack is Arabic for "curse".

I mean,  STEM fields (outside of Astrophysics and Biology) aren't as policy dominated as humanities majors and many Math, Engineering and Cosc profs  do consulting and have start ups.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies