Petition to Recall the Pacific Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to Recall the Pacific Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Petition to Recall the Pacific Governor  (Read 5548 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:28:56 PM »

We need a Governor that represents the revolutionary feeling in the region.

X- Seatown
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »

Unlike the petition to recall the council, I highly doubt that this should be even considered relevant. Not only it is unfair and (in my opinion) undemocratic, it also proves that what the revolutionaries want is pure anarchy and some sort of a gymnast demigod, not a Governor and a lawful Republic.

You see, its this kind of behavior that causes bills like The Imperial Security Act to be created on the first place...
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »

Sorry Spamage. 

X-Fuzzy
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:55:54 PM »

Recall passes. Voting booth will open in 10 days.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »

The Recall number is 2.1, does that round down or does it have to be precisely more than 2.1?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 11:04:29 PM »

The Recall number is 2.1, does that round down or does it have to be precisely more than 2.1?

I was under the impression that for the official being recalled, it was the last regional election for that position, which would be 1.05.... not 100% sure though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

I was under the impression that for the official being recalled, it was the last regional election for that position, which would be 1.05.... not 100% sure though.

Ah okay.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 12:52:36 AM »

This should clear up any ambiguity:

X Xahar
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:53 AM »

xPaul Kemp
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »

This is a major absurd! All you want is to make the region goes back to anarchy, why don't you give up and let the Pacific reemerge!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

Seatown must really want to keep Atlasian presidential elections competitive.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »

seriously
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »

Right? After all, who could keep up with all of these Federalist zombies and SOCKs that keep pouring into the game?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »

Right? After all, who could keep up with all of these Federalist zombies and SOCKs that keep pouring into the game?

You what?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »

A bit of foreshadowing and insight would have been appropriate here, oh say, before last night. I'm doubtful that the Governor even attempted to stir the Council back into action or contact them personally after legally being back on the job for just a couple of days, and I can only imagine that the initial recall was seen as highly suspect and politically-motivated (obviously to go after what he believes to be a "terrorist cell"). With such an awful Constitution now in place once again, it should have been known that a counter-recall would be inevitable following any such action.

I imagine that recalls will become the status quo of the region. It's a shame - the situation will now likely be even worse than before all the judicial remedies and extra-regional faux outrage began. Once again, the Worstitution permeates chaos throughout the region. Looks like one way or another, we effectively have four regions.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »

It's not my job to be a politicaol adviser to other Atlasian parties but it seems to me that the Labor Party is not going to benefit from a continuation of these bizarre happenings in the Pacific.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »

It's not my job to be a politicaol adviser to other Atlasian parties but it seems to me that the Labor Party is not going to benefit from a continuation of these bizarre happenings in the Pacific.

Incorrect. What the Labor Party won't benefit from is the continued assumptions by people such as yourself that it is the driving force behind all of this. Of course, that works so well for your narrative, so why would you stop now?

Also, I'm pretty sure that Labor will be fine as long as we don't have a chair with a penchant for making disgusting comments about rape during close elections.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 02:49:20 PM »

The Labor Party will win regardless, get used to it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »

Well, it seems that the gymnast movement and influential elements of the Labor Party are closely intertwined and it's a fact that many in the Labor Party knew of the plans to "dissolve" the Pacific Region but didn't inform the President, which has cost thousands of jobs and caused great economic uncertainty in Atlasia. In my opinion, the Labor Party has much more to offer than this; there are many smart people in your party so I don't think you will benefit from forming a quasi-coalition with Atlasians who have highly questionable goals.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:12 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2013, 03:08:38 PM by Major Lazer »

Well, it seems that the gymnast movement and influential elements of the Labor Party are closely intertwined and it's a fact that many in the Labor Party knew of the plans to "dissolve" the Pacific Region but didn't inform the President, which has cost thousands of jobs and caused great economic uncertainty in Atlasia. In my opinion, the Labor Party has much more to offer than this; there are many smart people in your party so I don't think you will benefit from forming a quasi-coalition with Atlasians who have highly questionable goals.

And there is yet to be any condemnation of these people or attempts by the perceived serious members to distance themselves. It should be the President and his SoEA, not an IDS Legislator, going after these terrorists.

These aren't random rogue Labor members- its the former Chair, former Vice Chair, currenr Vice Chair supporting with many others aiding and abetting.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »

For the record, I have condemned this activity.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 11:33:33 PM »

Regional politics should be divorced from federal politics, and I don't hold any influential positions or any influence in the Labor party. I made it pretty clear that I retired, and this is just a last job that I feel like I have to finish because I got involved.

These aren't random rogue Labor members- its the former Chair, former Vice Chair, currenr Vice Chair supporting with many others aiding and abetting.
Don't involve Gass in this.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »

Regional politics should be divorced from federal politics, and I don't hold any influential positions or any influence in the Labor party. I made it pretty clear that I retired, and this is just a last job that I feel like I have to finish because I got involved.

Really? What about the segregation issues in the south. Federal and state are two entities, but that doesn't mean federal should not interfere when the states do something inexcusable.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:20 AM »

I was referring to you. But you know that- why would I refer to the current Chair as a "former Vice Chair"?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »

I was referring to you. But you know that- why would I refer to the current Chair as a "former Vice Chair"?

Perhaps I'm confused now, but seatown was never a Vice-Chair - he was General Secretary.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies