Senate Bill: Pacific Crisis Stimulus Act (Enacted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:52:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Bill: Pacific Crisis Stimulus Act (Enacted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Senate Bill: Pacific Crisis Stimulus Act (Enacted)  (Read 7367 times)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »

I also have issues with considering the political views of regional officeholders in the process.

This is creating a bad precedent. So, next time a party has the president and a majority in Senate, they can refuse to send money to regions controled by another party?

I was just trying to create a solution based on what you were debating... Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2013, 05:27:33 PM »

I also have issues with considering the political views of regional officeholders in the process.

This is creating a bad precedent. So, next time a party has the president and a majority in Senate, they can refuse to send money to regions controled by another party?

Next time a party uses unconstitutional methods to try and abolish an entire regionnal government and single handedly causes a recession, I will be fine with denying them the power to sspend revovery funds as they wisb.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »

Next time a party uses unconstitutional methods to try and abolish an entire regionnal government and single handedly causes a recession, I will be fine with denying them the power to sspend revovery funds as they wisb.

I request that you cease and desist the slander against NM-AM and it's allies immediately or we will have to pursue full charges.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »

Please. I don't want to hear AGAIN that argument. We know NM-AM talking points and Napoleon's ones and all that political postiring is not useful for Senate.

I do not want to hear it again and I very much odubt than Senators are interested. If they are really interested, there is already a lot of threads about it, so stop polluting Senate, both of you.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2013, 06:56:34 AM »

Nothing in this act discriminates against people based on their beliefs. I beleive that it was the President who suggested doing so on the previous page.

This bill has languaged contained within it that prevents those who have a history of violating their fiduciary trust to their constituents to safe guard their interests and provide stability, from being placed in position of responsibility regarding federal funding.

I would encourage Senator Napoleon to redirect his energies to more proper channels so such questions of involvement and stuff can be probed effectively (or to be more frank, respond to my damn PMs already Tongue).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2013, 06:59:59 AM »

I reiterate my earlier request for the Senate to hold a vote on limiting the use of federal funds so that we can move on to solving whatever other problems remain with this bill. With every day of inaction recession becomes more likely.

At the present juncture, no such delay has been effected that I can see.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2013, 12:58:52 AM »

A BILL

Recognizing the economic impact of the Pacific Crisis, the following legislation is passed by the Atlasain Senate in response to provide timely relief and stimulus measures so as to avert an economic catastrophe.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled;

Title: This bill is to be entitled the "Pacific Crisis Stimulus Act"

Section 1: Infrastructure
1. $40 billion shall be distributed by the Secretary of Internal Affairs for the Pacific Region to fund pressing projects of vital importance so as to boost the economy and produce a long term benefit from the projects constructed. The Secretary shall be charged, with the help of Regional Officials, and the Game Moderator, with preparing and implementing a formula to determine what projects will enable this money to be spent the quickest, yet still provide some long term economic benefit.
1a. The Governor and Council are advised to present recommendations for spending, with the Secretary of Internal Affairs responsible for making all final decisions.

2. $15 billion shall be distributed the Imperial Dominion of the South by the Secretary of Internal Affairs in the same fashion as detailed in clause 1.
3. $25 billion shall be distributed to the other three regions by the Secretary of Internal Affairs, once again using the same process as that established for the Pacific in Clause 1. The determination of the exactly proportions shall be determined by the Secretary, taking into account local economic factors and availability of such projects as described in clause 1 to be funded in these regions.
4. The Secretary shall possess the ability to withhold or cancel all spending established in this Section, if it is being abused or misspent until such problems are corrected and he shall be charged with monitoring and assessing the expenditures to:
1) Ensure that it isn't being misused or wasted.
2) That a priority is given to the speed at which the money is translated in projects being undertaken.
3) That if any of the above are not being complied with, the Secretary shall withhold said monies until compliance is attained. If compliance with these standards cannot be obtained through such means by any Responsible official in a particular Region, the Secretary shall be charged with full responsibility for distributing and allocating the funds established in this act.

Section 2: Tax Breaks
1. A payroll tax holiday shall be put into place begining on August 1st, 2013 and expiring on October 31st, 2013.
                  a. This holiday shall extend to cover the payroll tax, as established in the Comprehensive Social Security Reform act of 2011.
2. A tax rebate of $1000 shall be given to every student who has at a student loan debt of $2500 or more.
3. A tax rebate of $700 shall be given to working people earning an annual income of 150% of the poverty or less, with an additional $500 given for each child in said household.

Section 3. Amendment to the SEDZI Act
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm offering this as an amendment, I believe it is a much more effective and efficient way to go about it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »

I don't doubt that, but those standards are also used for the other five regions and they don't have councils, or Governors in one case. So is there a way to make it more region neutral like "Executive and Legislative" institutions?

Or make 1a, explicitly Pacific only. 

If not those two, then we have to change 2 and 3.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:36 AM »

My previous amendment has been adopted and is now the current text.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2013, 08:46:27 AM »

I don't doubt that, but those standards are also used for the other five regions and they don't have councils, or Governors in one case. So is there a way to make it more region neutral like "Executive and Legislative" institutions?

Or make 1a, explicitly Pacific only. 

If not those two, then we have to change 2 and 3.

1a fould only refer to the Pacifif.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2013, 08:53:35 AM »

Yes I know, but the problem is these lines in Clause two and three.

The clause 1 reference would include the subclause as well, as a component thereof. These regions lack the same officials.

Also could you strike the that italicized above as part of your amendment. I thought I caught all such minor problems but I guess not.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2013, 03:54:58 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
[/quote]

Sponsor Feedback: Friendly

Once this one passes, I will clean up those minor issues with an amendment of my own and then we can have this out of here by Monday hopefully.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 04:57:26 AM »

[/quote]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2013, 05:46:05 AM »

Amendment 56:17 has been adopted.

[/quote]

Sponsor Feedback: Origination
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »

A BILL

Recognizing the economic impact of the Pacific Crisis, the following legislation is passed by the Atlasain Senate in response to provide timely relief and stimulus measures so as to avert an economic catastrophe.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled;

Title: This bill is to be entitled the "Pacific Crisis Stimulus Act"

Section 1: Infrastructure
1. $40 billion shall be distributed by the Secretary of Internal Affairs for the Pacific Region to fund pressing projects of vital importance so as to boost the economy and produce a long term benefit from the projects constructed. The Secretary shall be charged, with the help of Regional Officials and the Game Moderator, with preparing and implementing a formula to determine what projects will enable this money to be spent the quickest, yet still provide some long term economic benefit.
1a. The Governor and Council Regional Executive and Legislative authorities are advised to present recommendations for spending, with the Secretary of Internal Affairs responsible for making all final decisions.
2. $30 billion shall be distributed to the Northeast Region by the Secretary of Internal Affairs in the same fashion as detailed in clause 1.
3. $25 billion shall be distributed to the other three regions by the Secretary of Internal Affairs, once again using the same process as that established for the Pacific in Clause 1. The determination of the exactly proportions shall be determined by the Secretary, taking into account local economic factors and availability of such projects as described in clause 1 to be funded in these regions.
4. The Secretary shall possess the ability to withhold or cancel all spending established in this Section, if it is being abused or misspent, until such problems are corrected and he shall be charged with monitoring and assessing the expenditures to:
1) Ensure that it isn't being misused or wasted.
2) That a priority is given to the speed at which the money is translated in projects being undertaken.
3) That if any of the above are not being complied with, the Secretary shall withhold said monies until compliance is attained. If compliance with these standards cannot be obtained through such means by any responsible official in a particular region, the Secretary shall be charged with full responsibility for distributing and allocating the funds established in this act.

Section 2: Tax Breaks
1. A payroll tax holiday shall be put into place begining on August 1st, 2013 and expiring on October 31st, 2013.
                  a. This holiday shall extend to cover the payroll tax, as established in the Comprehensive Social Security Reform act of 2011.
2. A tax rebate of $1000 shall be given to every student who has at a student loan debt of $2500 or more.
3. A tax rebate of $700 shall be given to working people earning an annual income of 150% of the poverty or less, with an additional $500 given for each child in said household.

Section 3. Amendment to the SEDZI Act

Alternative amendment? I made a few changes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2013, 05:27:01 AM »

Last I check the Regions with the biggest employment problem were the Pacific, followed by the IDS, that was the reason for the distribution numbers.

My previous amendment has been adopted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2013, 05:33:06 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170784.150

Technically the Midwest's is higher then the IDS but there trendline is line with the other regions of a slight increase. Ours is increasing by over twice as much and may soon eclipse them in the next month's report if it continues.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2013, 07:10:17 AM »

I increased money for the IDS by $10 billion.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2013, 07:22:14 AM »

I theorized that the Midwest would get 10 to 12 billion out of that 25, leaving about 13 to 15 to be split amongst the the ME and NE which are in much better condition.

In your plan, if the Midwest gets 10 to 12 as I figured on then that would only leave 13 to 15 for both the IDS and ME. One of of which is losing employment at the second fastest rate o increase. Meanwhile the Northeast, which had a .2% increase and is fourth overall, would get the second most money and come in at 75% of the same amount being given to the Pacific, who has an unemployment rate more twice as high and a hockey stick for a trendline.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2013, 07:29:25 AM »

Sponsor Feedback: Waitin on the Prez (PM has been sent)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »

Napoleon, can you explain why you've increased the amount of funds that this would funnel toward the Northeast? I'm a bit confused.

Actually I was trying to increase all of them. I meant to put "each of the three regions". But I realize now that would be too costly so I withdra the amendment.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »

Why is the Northeast getting $30 Billion and the three other regions getting $25 Billion? Wouldn't it make more sense for the IDS get second most funds, since they were hurt more by the Pacific Crisis. I think the funds kind of need to reflect the Pacific Crisis' effect on each region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2013, 06:58:32 AM »

[/quote]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:42 AM »

With the amendment withdrawn, I am going to contact the VP and have him start a vote on this as soon as he is available to do so (probably late this morning).
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »

Time for a final vote, people. If we get a bunch of votes early I'll leave it open at least several days or until everyone votes. Yankee, PM me if the 24-hr. period to change one's vote applies here. If that's the case, we'll need to let it go the time or until everyone votes. I think. Smiley

Affirmative, Negative, or Abstain. Go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies