Office of ME Assemblyman MustCrushCapitalism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:58:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ME Assemblyman MustCrushCapitalism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of ME Assemblyman MustCrushCapitalism  (Read 1925 times)
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »
« edited: July 23, 2013, 03:29:58 PM by Must Crush Capitalism »

Campaign HQ, located at W Belmont Ave, Chicago, Illinois

I am proud to announce that today begins my campaign for election to the Mideast Assembly. In a world where regional division threatens our very way of life, the future of the Atlasian Republic is as uncertain as ever. As a newcomer to the political stage of the Mideast and Atlasia, I remain untouched by the rampant corruption present in DC and across the nation. In this thread, I'll be taking questions, addressing concerns, etc.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:20:11 AM »

While you've made it clear you want to crush capitalism, what are your social and foreign policy positions?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »

Endorsed!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 09:51:01 AM »

While you've made it clear you want to crush capitalism, what are your social and foreign policy positions?
This ^^^^ and also what "rampant corruption" are you referring to?
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 03:41:58 PM by Must Crush Capitalism »

Crushing capitalism is, paradoxically, not a part of MustCrushCapitalism's platform, for a multitude of reasons. Foremost among these is the nonexistence of a revolutionary workers' movement in Atlasia. I am running as a member of the Labor Party - a social democratic party, and this accurately reflects my platform.

As for social policy, on what specific issues? I support marriage equality, and marriage privatization. I support abortion rights through two trimesters, at least. I oppose a ban on assault weapons. I support full drug decriminalization.

I stand firmly in opposition to the imperialist maneuvers of the IDS. I support funding any armed, democratic resistance groups in the unincorporated territories. I wholeheartedly support the common market agreement with Canada.

It clear and obvious that political corruption has taken hold in Atlasia. It seems to cost less to buy a politician than a gallon of gas 'round these here parts.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

Good to see new people running for office! Still, I have a few questions. Though I'm not a Mideast Citizen, I'd like to know what is your official policy view on the institutions of the Mideast. Do you see any need for reform? And if so, how would you accomplish that?

Also, on a national level, I also see that you oppose the IDS intervention and you seem to support democratic methods, but my last question is: What did you meant by saying that "regional division threatens our very way of life"?
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 04:13:37 PM »

Good to see new people running for office! Still, I have a few questions. Though I'm not a Mideast Citizen, I'd like to know what is your official policy view on the institutions of the Mideast. Do you see any need for reform? And if so, how would you accomplish that?

Also, on a national level, I also see that you oppose the IDS intervention and you seem to support democratic methods, but my last question is: What did you meant by saying that "regional division threatens our very way of life"?

I have looked into the institutions of the Mideast and other regions. I'm unsure as to the need for reform - I don't see any massive flaws or inefficiencies with the political organization of the individual regions, but perhaps further inspection will change that.

The IDS intervention in the Pacific region was, I would argue, more than an assault on a region - but an assault on the very principles of our democratic nation. The IDS' use of force to conquer another region set a dangerous precedent that military might holds greater importance than the democratic institutions of the Pacific region - and those of our entire country.
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »

I am pleased to hear that the Pacific region has returned to normalcy. However, unemployment remains a massive problem on the west coast and throughout most of the country. I refer you to the following graph:

As can be seen here, unemployment is rising in every region barring our very own Mideast. In order to capitalize on this situation while simultaneously providing a service to the entire nation, I believe the Mideast should look into a program encouraging migrant workers to come to our region. Regional funding should be provided to programs which assist migrant workers in finding jobs and homes in our region - lowering unemployment nationally, and fostering economic growth for our region.
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 12:53:53 AM »

New campaign... billboard... thing.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 01:23:36 AM »

Endorsed!
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 05:32:02 AM »

Many thanks to all of our campaign's supporters. A recent study by the A-Bob Research Center shows that MustCrushCapitalism has recently received a surge in support among Mideast voters. If the election were held today, the Labor Party would hold 40% of seats in the assembly.

Inks: 3
Oldiesfreak: 2
MustCrushCapitalism: 3
Njall: 6
Bmotley: 2
JohanusCalvinusLibertas: 2
Batman (Write-in): 1
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 07:22:16 AM »

This campaign has my full support! We need more active, engaged folks like you.
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »

Our President, Αverroës Nix, recently released a policy statement on the deposition of Mohamed Morsi from his former position as President of Egypt.

The administration regards the removal of President Morsi and the suspension the Egyptian constitution by the country's military as significant setbacks for the growth of democracy in the world's most populous Arab country. Statements released by the Egyptian military to date do not leave us reassured that a genuinely democratic transition will occur in the immediate future.

We ask that the Egyptian military respect the rule of law and return control over their country's government to the people of Egypt. Until civilian control has been restored, I have ordered the relevant executive departments to suspend all Atlasian aid to Egypt.

Your president,

Though I do sympathize with the demands of the Egyptian protesters, who stood in opposition to the undemocratic, authoritarian, Islamist constitution approved last year, I must concur with the policy set out by President Nix, simply as a precautionary measure. The Atlasian Republic must not send a penny of taxpayer money in foreign aid to governments practicing undemocratic military rule.

Resumption of foreign aid to Egypt should resume on one condition - the interim government sets a clear timetable as to when a democratic constitution - ensuring freedom of speech and religion - will be implemented, and clearly demonstrates its intent to adhere to this timetable.
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:32 PM »

Happy to see another Laborite running for the ME Assembly! Endorsed.

Same to you, comrade.  It's good to see more people participating in the electoral process, and I'm hopeful that we will be able to work as colleagues in the Assembly following the election Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

As an IRC friend and fellow Laborite, endorsed.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »

where do u stand on gun control
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 07:21:16 PM »

MCC would you like to participate in an interregional debate?
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 10:28:55 PM »

I'm opposed to any sort of ban on assault weapons. Regulation of the exchange of firearms, however, is somewhat acceptable. Legal, responsible gun ownership, I believe, should be encouraged.

Can you give me some information on this debate? I am interested.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

I'm opposed to any sort of ban on assault weapons. Regulation of the exchange of firearms, however, is somewhat acceptable. Legal, responsible gun ownership, I believe, should be encouraged.

Can you give me some information on this debate? I am interested.
Check the thread, "how about an interregional debate?"
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »

MustCrushCapitalism has been absent from campaigning for multiple days due to an unforeseen circumstances which have diverted his attention to other matters. Apologies. Back to the campaign trail.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »

Congratulations!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:45 PM »

Congrats!
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 09:14:39 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2013, 09:18:10 PM by Must Crush Capitalism »

I would like to thank all of my supporters for electing me as an Assemblyman for the Mideast! I'd also like to congratulate my fellow electees - I look forward to working with Njall, Inks, Bmotley, and Oldiesfreak in serving you, the people of our region.

This thread shall be converted into some type of office thread.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »

Whoa. A guy named 'Must Crush Capitalism' got elected to the ME Assembly? That's a feat I never could accomplish, and I'm glad to see the left was able to mobilize and take an Assembly seat. You're a good guy MCC and I'm glad you won. Here's hoping to a bright and glorious future for Mideastern Labor, led by folks like comrades MCC and Njall!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 09:41:49 AM »

Congrats on a fine race. Maybe we at some point down the road could work together on some legislation that we would be agreeable to each other.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies