Pacific Jobs situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:38:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Jobs situation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Jobs situation  (Read 1073 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »

The dissolution of Pacific government has left many public sector & other unfortunate workers in Pacific unemployed. This has led to great chaos with massive increase in unemployment & inability to access many vital public services by a lot of Pacific residents. The federal government should step in and provide those services by re-hiring unemployed workers with necessary qualification as any reasonable government would & as implied by final Pacific constitution.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:58:17 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 03:38:44 AM by GM Griffin »

Where is John Engle when we need him? Certainly he would have food and words for this occasion.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »

The best solution, and the only one which will likely end in success long term, has to be the reformation of a regional government. The regional government is designed to not only govern the people, but to administer and provide to the people of the region various benefits and services which are being sorely missed and are needed. The dissolution of the government is not only to blame for this, but also hinders future prospects. The Federal Government should not have to have to suddenly hire many people due to the error of those in the region, whose fault it is this situation occurred in the first place.

Things like this show why we need a regional government.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 06:22:35 AM »

You reap what you sow...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 06:30:09 AM »

Typically there is no greater virtue than stability and common sense in elected officials.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 06:32:03 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 08:52:25 AM by Emperor SJoyce »

Typically there is no greater virtue than stability and common sense in elected officials.

Yeah - just pointing out that he's now asking for help to get out of a situation of (along with drj, Xahar, etc) his own making. The cause of the great chaos is asking for help fixing something that wouldn't be an issue at all if not for the actions he took to cause it.

Perhaps a solution could be to make aid conditional on the formation of a regional government?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »

The dissolution of Pacific government has left many public sector & other unfortunate workers in Pacific unemployed.

I wonder who is responsible for the misery of these unemployed workers in the Pacific ...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »

The dissolution of Pacific government has left many public sector & other unfortunate workers in Pacific unemployed.

I wonder who is responsible for the misery of these unemployed workers in the Pacific ...

It couldn't possibly be the Labor party.

Thats just crazy!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:19 AM »

Create a national park covering the uninhabited states of Arizona and New Mexico and another one in the uninhabited state of Alaska. That would create millions of jobs. Leave the areas of anchorage Juneau Phoenix Tucson Albuquerque and Santa Fe open for habitations should someone wish to live there.

We don't have to do something on that big of a scale, but the creation of national park will create jobs.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »

The IDS government can hire all those public workers - we do administer the region, after all.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 03:41:58 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

The IDS will not be hiring any workers for the purpose of administering the Pacific. What 'temporarily annexed' entails is not defined in the legislation and I shall be interpreting it as strictly as possible.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »

The IDS will not be hiring any workers for the purpose of administering the Pacific. What 'temporarily annexed' entails is not defined in the legislation and I shall be interpreting it as strictly as possible.
Why can't IDS rehire pacific public workers to carry out IDS services in Pacific & collect IDS taxes in Pacific?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2013, 09:15:12 PM by Emperor SJoyce »

Why can't IDS rehire pacific public workers to carry out IDS services in Pacific & collect IDS taxes in Pacific?

Because I'm interpreting the legislation as requiring me to extend to Pacific citizens the rights granted to IDS citizens under our regional constitution and none further.

Of course, with the Court's recent decision, I have determined the Pacific capable of self-governance and thus have no authority under that act whatsoever.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 02:09:43 AM »

There was never any legality behind any such "administration of the Pacific" by the IDS to begin with. I don't really see why so many of you are so damn to determined to drive yourself down the fast lane to Leavenworth.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 01:59:24 PM »

The solution seems simple to me. The reformation of a regional Pacific government and the IDS has no right to administer it. What is the federal plan to step into this situation?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 09:03:35 PM »

The solution seems simple to me. The reformation of a regional Pacific government and the IDS has no right to administer it. What is the federal plan to step into this situation?
But the citizens of Pacific don't want a regional government.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »

Says who?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »

Says who?

Says the less than half dozen people who got bored one day and decided to destroy a region and make tens of thousands of people unemployed.

Everyone in that council has brought this situation down on the heads of innocent people.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2013, 07:51:23 AM by Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia Secretary, Leftist Hero »

Says who?

Says the less than half dozen people who got bored one day and decided to destroy a region and make tens of thousands of people unemployed.

Everyone in that council has brought this situation down on the heads of innocent people.
Then to say that the pacific wants no government is invalid. Only five people said yes, and 5 is less than half of the population.

EDIT: less than half dozen
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:55 AM »

Says who?

Then to say that the pacific wants no government is invalid. Only five people said yes, and 5 is less than half of the population.

Who are you responding to? If it's me I urge you to re-read what I wrote.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53:05 AM »

Says who?

Who are you responding to? If it's me I urge you to re-read what I wrote.
My point was that the majority of pacificans never said yes to no government. I was responding mainly to Seatown
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies