Home flooded
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:51:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Home flooded
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Home flooded  (Read 1685 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »

Sadly, NC's heavy rain flooded my apartment Sunday. Much of my stuff is not saveable. I'm staying with my parents (well actually out-of-town right now) until I move in to a new place later this month. I will have intermittent internet access and won't be posting much for the time being.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »

So sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out okay for you from here on out.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »

any insurance prospects?  probably not, if you were a renter?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:38:48 AM »

That's very unfortunate. I hope you can make the best of the situation and recover your most important items if possible.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

Thanks for the concern. I do not have renter's insurance, though it wouldn't have covered floods anyways. Luckily, my family and friends have pitched in for furniture.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »

Yuck.  I'm glad your family is there to help out.  I hope you didn't lose too much stuff of sentimental value.

But look at the bright side... what says memories like all your family photos tattered and nearly destroyed by a flood? 

Or maybe there just isn't a bright side this time.  Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:28 AM »

Hope everything works out, young friend.  And yes, renters insurance doesn't cover flooding.  You'll be back on your feet soon!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »

Hope things get better and you are able to salvage what's important to you. Good that your friends are pitching in!
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »

Yuck.  I'm glad your family is there to help out.  I hope you didn't lose too much stuff of sentimental value.

But look at the bright side... what says memories like all your family photos tattered and nearly destroyed by a flood? 

Or maybe there just isn't a bright side this time.  Sad

Some sentimental stuff is gone, but some was recovered. The only bright side is that some of the furniture donated is better than my pre-flood furniture.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »

Hope everything works out, young friend.  And yes, renters insurance doesn't cover flooding.  You'll be back on your feet soon!

But he should look into if there was any negligence committed on the part of the apartment owners.  It's hard to find and harder to prove, but it's worth at least a bit of an investigation (unless it was one of those apartments by a creek/river situation, in which case there's not much you can do).  It's been a bad year for floods... I've known a few good family friends who've been impacted by flooding.  It's not a fun thing to go through.

And while we're talking about flooding... remember, people... don't try to drive through a flooded road.  I had a friend try to do this, and it didn't turn out well.  Water in floods moves quickly and a lot stronger than you think.  Unless you're late for your own funeral, whatever you're trying to get to can wait until you find a safe route to get there.
Down the Gurney
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »

I hope that you recover swiftly and completely. I will have you in my prayers.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 01:50:52 AM »

Sorry to hear this, and respond late.  Glad your family is helping and that you are ok. 

Losing lots of personal stuff certainly sucks, but a lot depends on how it's lost.  In the past, I lost a lot of things out of apartments I lived because of break-in theft.  I'd much prefer to have had a flood take all that stuff. 

Hope you're back on your feet soon.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »

I'd take break-in theft over flooding, since a burglar would only take stuff of monetary value.

Fortunately, my computer still works and I got my internet back yesterday. I'm trying to catch up on Atlas, so if you know of a thread that would be good to post in, please let me know.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »

I really hope you can move into a new apartment soon, and it's great your family members chipped in to help. Here is an internet hug
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies