The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:54:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia  (Read 3775 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2013, 10:32:47 PM by Archduke Lumine »

The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia:

As some of you know, Atlasia has been facing a lot of problems lately, some of them caused by inactivity, others caused by the desire of some to create some chaos. I can't blame anyone for trying to make the game more interesting, but the disregard of the Atlasian institutions by the use of loopholes is really worrying me. What we are seeing right now in the Pacific (even if the widespread chaos is receding) proves us this. It does not matter if we are speaking of the revolutionaries of the NM-AM or the so called Wolfentoad Regime:  the use of zombies, loopholes, power grabs and all of the carpetbagging are not precisely helping Atlasia.

Thus, and trying to combine my concerns (and a little bit of attention whoring, always interesting on this game) with the concerns of the liberals, federalists, independents and other parties who prefer to play this game by the rules, I am creating a small caucus for the defense of an Institutional Atlasia. So, what is the whole point of this caucus?

1.- To protect the integrity and existence of the Regional Governments and the Offices that comprise them.
2.- To fight widespread carpetbagging.
3.- To promote game reform when needed, but never takeovers, coups or outright disregard for the legal ways. While I acknowledge that the MN-AM used a somewhat legal way in Operation Pacific Rim, it is still something we should all oppose.
4.- Coordinate with parties to prevent inactivity, push forward more voter information (like newspapers, since none of them are working right now) and fight candidates that are not willing to play by the rules.

To me, it doesn't matter if the choice is between left or right, and I'd like to stress out the fact that is caucus wants to ensure that the game continues to work just fine, and that we don't have to be reactionaries with a desire to ban parties or use antidemocratic techniques, so I don't want to play Joe McCarthy.

Of course, this caucus could perfectly be a mistake on my behalf (most likely it is not even needed, since most parties are opposed to what happened on the Pacific and many will believe that I am exaggerating), but if someone feels like joining and collaborating for the cause, you are most welcomed here!

Thanks for your attention!

Update: July 6th: Current Leadership:

Chairman: LumineVonReuental.
Secretary: Politics Junkie.

Representative to the Liberal Party: Open.
Representative to the Light Party: Open.
Representative to the Labor Party: Open.
Representative to the Federalist Party: Supersonic.
Representative to the Civic Union: LumineVonReuental.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »

I've always wanted to see more "media" and publications in the game. Problem is, you're either regurgitating facts from other threads, which isn't very helpful, or editorializing, which tends to lead only to bitching.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »

The problem is because nothing in this game works to bring consequences to the actions taken and therefore so much occurs in isolation from everything else that inactivity is just too easily ignored. If the impact were felt, it wouldn't be allowed to happen. The same goes for actions like those that occured in the Pacific.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:20:40 PM »

If this flies, I'll join.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »

I want in
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »

Repulsive reactionary clique.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 06:13:49 PM »

I've always wanted to see more "media" and publications in the game. Problem is, you're either regurgitating facts from other threads, which isn't very helpful, or editorializing, which tends to lead only to bitching.

Indeed, but there's always room for improvement. Parties could have their own newspapers, or (as ridiculous as it may sound) the President could have a Press Secretary. The "Wolfengate" (many people heard about it only days after) proves that no one takes the time to read all threads.

The problem is because nothing in this game works to bring consequences to the actions taken and therefore so much occurs in isolation from everything else that inactivity is just too easily ignored. If the impact were felt, it wouldn't be allowed to happen. The same goes for actions like those that occured in the Pacific.

You're right, the only thing we have is the unemployment numbers (and the effect is not even felt). I wonder if there have been any attempts to reform that part of the game...

Great news! If the number grows during the next couple of days I'll introduce a chairman election, a more detailed platform and (perhaps) a newspaper.

As your gymnasts like to say: Haters gonna hate.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »

You're right, the only thing we have is the unemployment numbers (and the effect is not even felt). I wonder if there have been any attempts to reform that part of the game...

No because even if you get a bold and aggressive GM, he can always be disregarded. It doesn't help that a large segment have been hard at work turning the word "serious" into a four letter word since Bush was President and riding high.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »

I'd like to join, but I might hold back. I don't want to wolfentoad-up the joint.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 12:25:37 AM »

I will join this caucus.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »

I'd like to join, but I might hold back. I don't want to wolfentoad-up the joint.

Excellent! (And don't worry about it, Hagrid, sympathy for the caucus is quite useful)

Since there's enough interest, I'd like to introduce some kind of leadership for this. Long story short, I think we should have a Chairman, a Secretary (in charge of a newspaper, not only for the Caucus, but to cover everything that happens in Atlasia) and, if somebody wants to, Representatives to the parties to help coordinated efforts. Once we have that, we can get to work right away!

Anybody interested on being the Chairman, Secretary or Representative?

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »

I fully subscribe to the outlined goals of the caucus and would like to join, too.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »

I fully subscribe to the outlined goals of the caucus and would like to join, too.

Welcome to the caucus, Zuwo!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 10:19:44 AM »

I'd be interested in secretary.

I nominate lumine for chairman.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »

I'd be interested in secretary.

I nominate lumine for chairman.

Excellent, that's great to hear! I will wait one more day in case some else wanted a position, and if not, we can start working right away (or hold a vote if needed).

That said, the current list goes like this:

Current Members (or have expressed interest in case of success): Politics Junkie, Supersonic, Windjammer, PiT, Hagrid, Zuwo and myself.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 01:00:32 PM »

It's been a day. We still need a representative.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 04:39:07 PM »

It's been a day. We still need a representative.

Indeed, and since I see no point in holding a vote in this moment, you are now the new secretary and I will assume as Chairman until this manages to win enough support. That said, I will be asking some of the new members to see if they wish to be the Representatives.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »

Yay! That I'm secretary not that we have little support
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

I'd like to join this caucus
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »

Welcome to the Caucus, Assemblyman!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

I will certainly be looking into this, because I do agree, to an extent, with a lot of the ideas of this caucus.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »

I will certainly be looking into this, because I do agree, to an extent, with a lot of the ideas of this caucus.

Great to hear, Maxwell!

On a different note, the newspaper will soon be ready (thanks to Secretary Politics Junkie's efforts), and since the races for Midwest Alþing and Mideast Assembly are going to be quite competitive, the caucus will be looking forward to check the current platform of the candidates.

Also, our current leadership stands this way:

Chairman: LumineVonReuental.
Secretary: Politics Junkie.

Representative to the Liberal Party: Windjammer.
Representative to the Light Party: Open.
Representative to the Labor Party: Open.
Representative to the Federalist Party: Open.
Representative to the UNDA: LumineVonReuental.
Representative to the Social Democrats: Politics Junkie.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »

How can I help.
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78