IDS 2: Restoration of Pacific Order Act (Veto Overriden)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: Restoration of Pacific Order Act (Veto Overriden)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IDS 2: Restoration of Pacific Order Act (Veto Overriden)  (Read 1467 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
« edited: June 24, 2013, 10:42:35 PM by Speaker Dereich »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As this is for a current emergency situation, lets keep debate short and to the point.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »

I would like to thank Dereich for bringing this up now.  We need to pass this and help restore sanity to this region.  So I can on Dereich to have debate only open for 24 hours and let us help them in there time of need. 
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:08:06 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 04:12:32 PM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

This bill is an horrible affront to Mustafinism-Komovism and I will not, under any conditions, support it.

I strongly urge my two other colleagues to oppose this as well. If you have concerns about the situation in the Pacific, let it be handled by the federal government. Don't fall for the right's usual trigger-happy silliness and probably unconstitutional antics. This is a clear violation of another region's sovereignty.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »

Its going to go somewhere Hash. The Feds aren't just going to let it be left mercifully left alone, they've already said as much. Why shouldn't it be us who administers it? Should we let an opportunity pass us by? I know other regions aren't going to let this chance go to waste if we give them time, we are just as deserving as anyone to administer the region.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »

I find this proposal quite funny, somehow. We're engaged in another thread trying to reform our constitution, many of us advocate for abolishing imperial titles and associated stuff and now you want us to support an invasion by the Imperial Militia (I want to suppress it, btw) .

Give Peace a Chance, chaps, and let the Pacific citizens solve their problems alongside with the Federal Government, or at least ask their opinion first.

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »

Remember, all of you something has to happen with the Pacific, the status quo can not last. The Senate doesn't want it. The Attorney General has said that the current situation they've put themselves in is unconstitutional, but annexation would be legal. We are the best region, obviously. We have a land border with the Pacific and the means to control it. We should do so with speed. The Pacific's representatives have put themselves in an impossible position that can not last. They have shown themselves unworthy of self-rule. We should be the ones to fill the vacuum.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »

I may change from Region if I become an IDS Citizen! Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »

As a member of the IDS Militia, I'd like to speak on behalf of my men. We've seen events unravel in the Pacific. Any right-and-free-thinking citizen can see that something can be done. We've been tried and trained, and seeing the collapse of the Pacific Government, we're rearing to ship out West and do our patriotic duty. The so-called "left-wingers" here that claim to love the values of equality, liberty, and all the rest, should be the first ones to respond to this catastrophe. Instead, they stay, sulking in the shadows, all too willing to let bandits, briggands, gangs, and--Dave forbid--even foreign powers have their way with the citizens of the Pacific. To them I say "Nay". They are all that is wrong with this country and this region. Since when have Atlasians shrunk away from their duty towards the nation and towards others? If this is the trend of the future, I fear, I fear deeply, for the sake of both the Imperial Dominion of the South and for the country of Atlasia. We are ready, we are willing to fight, and we'll do the job that needs to be done.

Sincerely, Lt. Cathcon, honorary Lieutenant of the IDS Militia
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »

Did you ask people living in the Pacific region? One of them has stated his opinion here. Why bandits, briggands and the like have to settle in the Pacific if the federal government is in charge of the regional issues? I'm not a fan of centralization, but less still of unilateral annexations and paramilitary militias.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »

I'll just point this out again:

What's the legal basis for annexation anyway? Based upon the outcome and reasoning the Court used in Yankee's case, I'm skeptical of one region annexing another - and I'm inclined to agree with MaxQue on that, although if all else fails, try it.

I ask because I'm working on a case that I think at least attacks very well the basis of this "Final Constitution."

The current bill in the IDS doesn't annex per se, I like Nix's description of it as "2 regions, 1 government"; we will simply administer Federal elections in the Pacific until the Federal government figures out what to do with it. Until some final solution to the Pacific problem is legislated there, we will also treat Pacific citizens as full IDS citizens as if the region had been annexed. People of the Pacific would still vote for their own Senators, but as there is no more regional government they would be extended the courtesy of ours. In the end this is a problem for the senate to solve, but in the meantime the IDS might as well reap some of the glory Wink

The issue is that federal elections have never been under the purview of any regional government; homelycooking is the only one who needs to worry about the administration of federal elections in any region.

Clause 3 is unenforceable.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »

Guys, there is no Pacific anymore. IIRC it's currently "unorganized territory" - administered by the Feds. We have no right to be interfering with this.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 08:53:03 PM »

Guys, there is no Pacific anymore. IIRC it's currently "unorganized territory" - administered by the Feds. We have no right to be interfering with this.

Is it though? There technically still is a Pacific government, it just doesn't operate because of some dumb legalese. The Attorney General doesn't seem to know what the current situation is, and until someone does something to figure it out (like take that sweet, sweet land for ourselves) we won't. I say damn the doubters and move in and let the courts sort it all out later.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 09:10:57 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 09:57:59 PM »

I may change from Region if I become an IDS Citizen! Sad

If all this actually goes through, maybe the Midwest is the place Smiley
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »

I'm willing to support this - I wholeheartedly support increasing the glory of the Dominion, but I have qualms about things that could probably get us sued.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »

That amendment is accepted as friendly.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 10:59:02 PM by Speaker Dereich »

It is imperative that we finish this before those greedy other regions get their own legislation done and as we've all had our say on this I'm opening the vote on this now. The vote will last until all members have voted or for 48 hours.

Please Vote:

[] Aye
[] Nay
[] Abstain
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »

Aye
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »

Aye.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 10:13:47 AM »

A strong nay.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »

The President has stated that nobody will invade the Pacific. The question must be solved by legal means, not by paramilitary militias. This bill is meaningless.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2013, 01:16:47 PM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

The President has stated that nobody will invade the Pacific. The question must be solved by legal means, not by paramilitary militias. This bill is meaningless.

And probably blatantly unconstitutional. I'm pretty sure regions have no right to invade other regions. Of course, the Southeastern Right has long been trigger-happy and passing horribly unconstitutional stuff is their trademark.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 03:59:16 PM »

Shall I consider that a nay? I don't really care what the President say, for the purposes of this legislature your options are confined to aye, nay and abstain. Legal issues come later.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »

You should remove the bill before the Courts declare it unconstitutional. On the other hand, I didn't cast my vote and the term to do so is not exhausted.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies