US: Whites’ deaths outnumber births for first time
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US: Whites’ deaths outnumber births for first time
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US: Whites’ deaths outnumber births for first time  (Read 5284 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/white-deaths-outnumber-births-for-first-time/2013/06/13/3bb1017c-d388-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »

Setting white population growth to zero on that election calculator thing is really magical.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »

This is what happens when social media proliferates and white people of childbearing age decide that getting a corgi and dressing it up in various costumes for all of BuzzFeed to see is easier and cheaper than making a little human.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »

This is what happens when social media proliferates and white people of childbearing age decide that getting a corgi and dressing it up in various costumes for all of BuzzFeed to see is easier and cheaper than making a little human.
Social media wasn't around when fertility rates among whites dropped dramatically... which was in the 1960s and 70s.  Fertility rates among whites has increased somewhat since it bottomed out in the late '70s.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 04:05:57 AM »

It's "non-Hispanic whites" though, right?  So my nephew, who looks roughly as white as myself, wouldn't be included, because he has one Hispanic parent?  This is one flaw in the "emerging non-white majority" thesis with regard to demographic transition in the USA.  "Whiteness" has ill-defined boundaries, and could very well expand its borders so to speak to include people who are not of 100% European descent.  See the discussion here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=172069.0

as well as this column by Jamelle Bouie: http://prospect.org/article/democrats-demographic-dreams
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »

I don't care what you say, that's better than a dumb baby or whatever

babies don't even bark

babies are dumb and you're dumb
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »

Actually what this thread is about is this:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »

More Jamelle Bouie on why the Majority-Minority future is complicated:

http://prospect.org/article/whither-white-america

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

Mind if I point out the obvious; that it's mainly blue-state whites who are dying out while red-state whites continue to breed at above-replacement rate?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

Mind if I point out the obvious; that it's mainly blue-state whites who are dying out while red-state whites continue to breed at above-replacement rate?

I would like to see some stats on that myself. I don't find that intuitively obvious.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2013, 08:42:42 PM by wormyguy »

I would like to see some stats on that myself. I don't find that intuitively obvious.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/baby-gap/

Edit: Yes, I realize it's Steve Sailer, but it doesn't make the statistics he uses inaccurate.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »

Using wormyguys stats, both red and blue state whites are having babies below replacement (a few red states excepted). The blue state whites are just lower below replacement.

The intuition works as well. Red states generally have a lower cost of living, which makes having kids much more affordable. Try having a big family in on $30k-50k per year in Dallas vs NYC. You could swing it in Dallas, but it'd be near impossible in New York.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:41 AM »

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/baby-gap/

Edit: Yes, I realize it's Steve Sailer, but it doesn't make the statistics he uses inaccurate.
Some problems there number one being its from 2004, the other being 2.06 isnt above replacement level and that was the fourth highest state he had at the time.
 Now of course republicans do outbreed white dems by a fair bit, but they don't really have above replacement level births outside of a few states.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 05:38:19 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2013, 08:58:14 AM by muon2 »

Moderator's note: we are straying a bit far afield here. Let's try to keep the thread closer to topic.

Edit: The thread reused to get on track so it was locked. It then spawned a thread commenting on the worst elements in the thread so that line of commentary in this thread which was off topic was deleted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies