A Political Fable 2: A Good Day to Vote Hard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:44:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Political Fable 2: A Good Day to Vote Hard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Who would you support in the Democrat/Republican 2024 primary?
D: Vice President Gene Taylor

D: Hawai'i Governor Tulsi Gabbard

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: A Political Fable 2: A Good Day to Vote Hard  (Read 40744 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2013, 11:53:22 PM »

XV: Donkey Crossing

Friday, March 10, 2023

American Vice President Off and Running

American Vice President Gene Taylor made a visit to American Peacekeepers in Somalia who have been stabilizing the region as part of GDI's Africa Initiative. Americans are very sentimental of their military, and the photo tweeted by Taylor's deputy Communications director will surely generate support for a second Presidential bid in 2024 for the Vice President.

Monday, March 27, 2023

Ben Downing for President?

First term Massachusetts Senator Ben Downing has officially formed an exploratory committee, the first step in a Presidential run. When the late Senator Ed Markey announced he would have to resign due to health issues, this senate seat seemed destined to end up in Scott Brown's sticky hands again. Enter Downing, who electrified the crowd at the 2016 Democratic National Convention, the first step in his uphill surge into office. Downing would be a long shot in the Democratic primaries, but he's seen tough political fights before, so who knows?

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Today in Presidential Announcements: Gavin Newsom
California's senior senator, recent scandal dodger Gavin Newsom, announced his candidacy for President on the steps of the elementary school he attended in Sacramento, California. Newsom was recently cleared of wrongdoing in an investigation into his election in 2016 and subsequent meetings held in Washington, D.C. in his Senate offices. The bad press has dampened his poll numbers, so it's no surprise that he is among the first Democrats to announce, giving himself more time to rehabilitate his image and get the phrase "scandal-plagued Senator" out of the media's system.

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Gabbard PAC formed
This morning saw the announcement of a Super PAC to support the candidacy of Hawai'i Governor Tulsi Gabbard. Gabbard has been the favorite prospective nominee for the left's liberal base since she was sent back to Hawai'i instead of made Vice President. The PAC is headed by Sheila Stefan, Gabbard's communications director during the 2020 campaign. Gabbard has yet to announce or comment on a Presidential bid for 2024.

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Just What We Need, Another Kennedy

Kennedy Family scion Majority Leader Joe Kennedy III announced in Boston this afternoon that he would seek the Democratic nomination for President. The Majority Leader is seen in Congress as a team player; earlier this year, he sacrificed capital and allies in order to quell a vicious dispute between Majority Whip Robin Kelly and Speaker of the House Chris Von Hollen. Most pundits doubt he has the guts to go negative on his fellow Democrats if it becomes necessary. While normally it is seen has more difficult for a member of the House to run for president, Kennedy's name and position in the party leadership will probably give him a leg up.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Senator Tammy Baldwin Comes Out: As a Candidate for President
The liberal Wisconsin senator shocked Washington status quo by making a surprise announcement on Meet The Press that she would run for President in 2024. The strategy worked in her favor; she was immediately asked on air why she wanted to run, and she had a stellar answer ready to go.

Monday, May 1, 2023

Gillibrand to Make Second Presidential Bid

New York finally has a Presidential candidate for the cycle in Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. The almost-nominee from 2020 promised to take her campaign to the convention again if necessary. "We will not be deterred by the doubters. I will make you proud as the next President of the United States. There is much work to do, and I am ready to do the people's work."

Tuesday, May 6, 2023

MA Senator Ben Downing confirmed: he's running!

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Opportunity Knocks: Cory Booker announces run for President
New Jersey powerhouse Cory Booker made the announcement at the state Democrats' annual Donkey Dinner.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Chelsea Clinton announces campaign to replace Capito

Congresswoman Chelsea Clinton, the leader of West Virginia's congressional delegation, announced that she would seek the Governorship in 2024 to replace current Gov. Shelley Moore Capito. Capito announced on May 17 that she was seeking the Republican nomination for President.

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Massachusetts Governor running for President

Mo Cowan doesn't like politics. However, after serving for four and a half months in the US Senate after John Kerry became Secretary of State in 2013, he knew he had to swallow his pride and deal with it. Cowan is currently in his third term as Massachusetts governor, having handily beat Republican Dan Winslow in 2014 and then going on to win re-election around 60% in both 2018 and 2022. His affinity for bow ties is credited with a revival of the bow tie industry in New England, and he will surely bring the same panache to the national stage.

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

What an Ass! Gene Taylor Announces Retirement Instead of Second Presidential Bid

"I've spoken to the President, my family, my God, and have decided that I will not seek the Presidency in 2024."

IN A ROOM IN TEXAS

VOICE #1: Taylor leaving clears the field. I mean, there's plenty of other people to knock down, but now it's just David versus...more Davids.

VOICE #2: Well said.

VOICE #1: Seriously. You will never get an opening like this, Senator.

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

CNN Announces it will host the first Presidential debate for the Republican party on July 11, and the first Democratic debate a week later on July 18.

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Joaquín Castro running for President!

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Tulsi Gabbard announces Presidential campaign in Honolulu
2020 VP Nominee Tulsi Gabbard announced in a fierce speech that she would run for President in 2024. The Governor is well known nationally and has a mostly positive impression on Americans. She won't be winning any state fair pageants in the south anytime soon, but America's more diverse now than it ever has been, and hopes are high that Americans will be willing to vote for someone who is not Christian next year. Former President Barack Obama admitted in his 2021 memoir that he had singled out Gabbard to be his "second successor" when Hillary Clinton told him she wasn't running for President. He leveraged his political capital behind the scenes in the 2020 DNC to put Gabbard on Gene Taylor's runaway ticket, and is rumored to have already agreed to endorse her when the New Hampshire primary comes up on the horizon.

Monday, July 3, 2023

Brother, Brother! Both Castros in contention for Democratic nomination

Could Democrats be privy to some sibling rivalry this primary season? With both Senator Joaquín Castro and now-confirmed Governor Julian Castro running for President, they very well could be. Governor Castro spoke briefly to us to insist that he and his brother had discussed before either announced; though Capitol insiders reported shock at Senator Castro's unexpected announcement on the 14th. "We talked, and agreed to both run if we both wanted to. Joaquín has so much to offer America, and he's done such a great job in the Senate. Honestly, if I could, our ticket in 2024 would be Castro/Castro. But there are laws against that."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2013, 01:17:26 AM »

READER POLL

DEMOCRATS: Who do you support in the 2024 Democratic primary?
  • Hawai'i Governor Tulsi Gabbard
  • Massachusetts Senator Ben Downing
  • California Senator Gavin Newsom
  • Massachusetts Congressman Joe Kennedy III
  • Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin
  • New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
  • New Jersey Senator Cory Booker
  • Massachusetts Governor Mo Cowan
  • Texas Senator Joaquín Castro
  • Texas Governor Julían Castro

REPUBLICANS: Who do you support in the 2024 Republican primary?
  • Former Vice President Scott Walker
  • Former Secretary of Defense/Senator from South Carolina Lindsey Graham
  • Secretary of State Eric Cantor
  • Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey
  • South Dakota Senator John Thune
  • South Carolina Senator Tim Scott
  • West Virginia Governor Shelley Moore Capito
  • Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2013, 04:08:05 AM »

I am so torn between Gabbard and Booker, The guy who saves people from burning buildings, or the woman who served in our military?

I barely choose Gabbard over Booker because we share the same positions on all of the issues that I have seen her support or oppose.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2013, 04:14:54 AM »

Governor Castro
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2013, 04:19:07 AM »

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »

This

Gabbard is my 2nd choice.
Heptahedron
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »

I like Baldwin or Gillibrand, they align best with my stances.

Also, great timeline. I had a timeline with Ayotte as the nominee in 2016 (which I can't post yet), and I thought I was the only one, but that is not true. There is great attention to detail in the Senate and and House, and I also like a rising third party.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »

DEMS: 1st choice: Joe Kennedy III, 2nd choice: Julian Castro, 3rd choice: Tulsi Gabbard

REPS: 1st choice: Sarah Palin, 2nd choice: Scott Walker, 3rd choice: Eric Cantor
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 11:38:37 PM »

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far in the Reader Primary Poll. The input is helping me pick and choose which candidates will enter the field after the first debates. If you haven't voiced an opinion, please do so, it really will have an effect on the primaries. I'll wait until noon tomorrow to start writing the next chapter to give any other readers time to answer the poll.

Also, great timeline. I had a timeline with Ayotte as the nominee in 2016 (which I can't post yet), and I thought I was the only one, but that is not true. There is great attention to detail in the Senate and and House, and I also like a rising third party.

Thanks! I look forward to reading your TL when you can post it. I assume you're waiting until you can make electoral maps? I am considering doing a prequel showing the 2016 election, but I'm not sure how exciting that'd be considering we know the result already.

Heptahedron
Rookie

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far in the Reader Primary Poll. The input is helping me pick and choose which candidates will enter the field after the first debates. If you haven't voiced an opinion, please do so, it really will have an effect on the primaries. I'll wait until noon tomorrow to start writing the next chapter to give any other readers time to answer the poll.

Thanks! I look forward to reading your TL when you can post it. I assume you're waiting until you can make electoral maps? I am considering doing a prequel showing the 2016 election, but I'm not sure how exciting that'd be considering we know the result already.

Yep, I am waiting to be able to post links. I would at least like to see the electoral map from 2016 (unless I missed it) and how we got a hung electoral college for 2020.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 12:19:52 AM »

XVI: Primary Colors

The first debate of the Republican primary field was held on July 11, 2023. Senator Pat Toomey was the shining star of the debate, delivering knockout answers to the two questions he was asked and shrewdly cross-examining Tim Scott during a discussion about the bipartisan fix to the Voting Rights Act that failed in the Senate earlier this year. John Thune defended his opposition to that bill in the only major moment for him in the debate. Governor Shelley Moore Capito retained her poll numbers, but didn't do much to widen her base. The real losers of this debate were Lindsay Graham and, surprisingly, former VP Scott Walker.

"I guess it was inevitable..."

The frontrunner going into the debate, former Vice President Scott Walker stumbled tonight. He rambled through an answer on the budget deficit and didn't seem to have a prepared answer to the question "Why do you want to be President?" His opponents laid low, but it was clear that the leader of the pack was weak. Some pundits had predicted a weak performance from Walker, but expectations were sky high among voters because of how renowned he is among the party. Voters perhaps had glossed over his lukewarm VP debate in 2020 and the 2016 primary debates, where he obviously did not do well enough to get the nomination. Lindsay Graham laid low throughout the debate, underwhelming many and disappointing his core supporters.

Post-Debate GOP Poll!

Frmr. Vice President Scott Walker 27% (-12)
Governor Shelley Moore Capito 20% (-2)
Senator Pat Toomey 20% (+9)
Senator Tim Scott 9% (+4)
Minority Leader John Thune 7%
Senator Lindsay Graham 6%
Frmr. Governor Sarah Palin 6%
Other 5%

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Rubio Jumps In!
Senator Marco Rubio, whose Presidential campaign crashed and burned the night of the Iowa caucuses eight years ago, threw his hat into the ring this morning in a speech at Cape Canaveral, FL. "This primary, nay this country is in need of a bold leader. We yearn for a new beginning. I believe that I am that bold leader and I am that new beginning for America. Vote for me, and let's make America more united than ever before!"

Monday, July 17, 2023

Governor Capito released the first legislative "plan" of the campaign, her "fair value added tax plan." Many pundits were surprised that campaign proposals were being floated so early, but Capito measured their incredulity with some of her own: "Income inequality is the single greatest divider in America today. We've got to make it a fair, even playing field and this tax plan does that. If you think the daily finances of average Americans aren't important enough for a Presidential campaign, get the hell off my campaign bus."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2013, 12:21:43 AM »

Apologies for the delay in updates, I was hired to score a short film this month so my extracurricular writing activities are on the back burner Smiley. I will try to come out with a post like this for the Democratic field, and maybe some more announcements for both sides later tonight/this morning.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

Have we found out yet who were the people in the phone conversation after Taylor announced his retirement?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »

Have we found out yet who were the people in the phone conversation after Taylor announced his retirement?

No, but I will tell you that voice #1 was Jeremy Bird, which also explains the location. Smiley

My deadline for this film is Wednesday so expect new chapters to pick up after that.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2013, 12:53:43 AM »

XVII: Primary Colours

July 18, 2023

Castros, Gillibrand shine in first debate
2020 Presidential candidates Julian Castro and Kirsten Gillibrand reclaimed the lost ground from that cycle's brokered election this evening. Both came with well-polished rhetoric and a surprising cordial nature in their exchanges. Some pundits have gone so far as to predict a ticket between the two based on this debate alone. Castro the Senator, however, managed to show that he could stand just as tall as the more experienced brother. This in itself could be a win for what some have rendered a quixotic campaign, based on the circumstances of a sibling rivalry being played out in a national primary. Conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart said last week, "the Castros are definitely not the Kennedys, and the Kennedys would never have done this." None of the other candidates faltered, but the rest of the field seemed to blend together as a second-tier bench.

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Warren holds fundraiser for fellow MA Senator Downing
Though she avoided explicitly donating her fellow Senator, Elizabeth Warren held a high-profile fundraiser in D.C. this evening, and will be holding a second one in Boston on Saturday night. Downing is virtually unknown outside of his home state, and is seen as a spoiler by most. Even though she may not want to expend political capital by endorsing Downing, Warren obviously wants him to be able to stay in the race for a reason.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Senator Grimes throws her hat in the ring!

Speaking to a packed crowd outside of her Lexington offices, two-term Senator Alison Lundergan Grimes announced a campaign for the Presidency. She framed her candidacy around a populist message of middle-class prosperity, kitchen table issues, and a message of hope for the future of the United States.

Friday, July 28, 2023

Flush with cash, Toomey embarks on weekend-long bus tour of every county in Iowa
Senator Pat Toomey's fundraising is surging after his debate performance on July 11th. Pennsylvania voters now support a Toomey candidacy by 46%, way up from the numbers before his reelection campaign in 2022.

Desperate to hold onto his lead in the Republican polls, Scott Walker is up on the air in Iowa already with two positive ads. One traces his bio to his passion for "worker's rights," and the other highlights the core issues of his campaign.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2013, 12:08:36 AM by badgate »

XVIII: The Decaying Trust

Rest In Peace

Secretary of State Eric Cantor - June 6, 1963 to July 31, 2023

Rest In Peace

Global Democratic Initiative Director Jon Huntsman, Jr. - March 26, 1960 to July 31, 2023

Monday, July 31, 2023

Huntsman, Cantor assassinated on Chinese soil
Secretary of State Eric Cantor and GDI Director Jon Huntsman, Jr. both perished in a massive explosion while onboard the Secretary of State's plane. Our reporter in China reports that the explosion happened after an unmarked SUV, the type that would typically transport Chinese government officials, drove under the belly of the plane before detonating. After sending the posted image via email, our reporter was detained and is currently being held by Chinese authorities. We don't yet have all the information, but we will report it as soon and ably as we can.

The Chinese government had become extremely hostile toward Huntsman's visits over the last six months, and had agreed to closed-door meetings if President Ayotte agreed to send her top diplomat, Secretary Cantor, as well. Some on FOX News and CNN have openly speculated that the Chinese government was behind the attack, and preliminary polling results indicate that a majority of Americans support economic and military retaliation against China.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023 9:00am

President Kelly Ayotte met with reporters in the East Room this morning, her first public appearance and remarks after the devastating deaths of Cantor & Huntsman. "As you can all imagine this White House is shellshocked emotionally right now. Eric and Jon were both close friends, and loved their jobs. They loved being able to travel the world on behalf of the American people. Public service, sometimes, it gets mistaken as political careerism. Make no mistake, Eric Cantor and Jon Huntsman were impassioned public servants. Their memories will not soon fade; the tireless work they did on behalf of democracy, freedom, and the United States will always be a testament to their mark on America." On China, the President was cautious but visibly angry when speaking of the Chinese government. "We don't have the information yet to make the kind of declaration of who we believe did this. But, regardless of who did this, we know where this happened. And [Chinese] President [Liu] Yuan will have to answer for how this happened on his turf."

Monday, August 7, 2023

Should the Ayotte administration create sanctions against China?
Yes 41%
No 28%
Not Sure 31%

Should China be guilty, should the Ayotte administration retaliate with our military?
Yes 59%
No 21%
Not Sure 20%

Thursday, August 10, 2023

The Democratic Presidential field assembled in Atlanta, Georgia this evening for the second of the five planned pre-Iowa debates. Not surprisingly, the assassination in China and therefore foreign policy were the main topic of the debate. Cowan and Kennedy may have earned support from Democrats' liberal core by preaching caution on retaliation, but they are flying against public opinion here. Said Cowan,

"Any event like this, there are two things that need to be done. The immediate term, and the short term. In the immediate, our commander-in-chief should be making sure all of our assets worldwide are secure, and addressing all available avenues to prevent possible second strikes. In the short term, we have to find out without a doubt who did this and how we can stop them from ever doing it again."

Hawai'i Governor Tulsi Gabbard invoked her state's history with tragedy,

"Almost 82 years ago, the military base at Pearl Harbor was attacked without warning by Japan. In Hawai'i we have a reverence for the selfless men and women who put themselves between American citizens and our aggressors. We have known the perils and scars of war, and as President I would conduct our international affairs with respect for every life that could be lost in war."

And Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, the most hawkish of the field if you can even call her that, blasted the "reckless Chinese regime" for allowing this to happen on their soil.

Later in the debate, California Senator Gavin Newsom committed what some have called a gaffe and others have called a truism in answering a question about foreign aid to the Middle East. Said Newsom,

"You know, we pay for schools so that kids don't instead go to madrases. And that's the silver bullet. Education will lift you out of religious fundamentalism." In an ensuing discussion that touched on religion and schools in America, Newsom was asked point blank by a fellow candidate if he went to church. The moderator pressed him to answer. "I don't go to church. I go to work on Sundays. I work every day. I love my job. I wasn't elected to make Christians feel better, I was elected to represent California in the United States Senate."

That night, 11:49pm - The Situation Room

AYOTTE: Who are we still waiting for?

DUCKWORTH: The acting SoS and acting DoD secretary are on their way from Foggy Bottom.

Once every one of Ayotte's military advisers were assembled, The President ordered a military strike going on unconfirmed information on a Chinese military shipyard, only 100 miles from where the US fleet has been stationed since the assassination. The order was given on Friday, August 11, 2023 at 12:55am. It would take the military planes 45 minutes to reach their target.

1:26am

BREAKING NEWS: China presents evidence to FBI that they were innocent in assassination
Evidence points to Chinese terrorist cell funded by N. Korea
Chinese President Liu Yuan announced in a televised conference that the Chinese government had collected the evidence showing who had organized and executed the attack. Chinese terrorist organization Xié'è lóng (邪恶龙), who has used anti-western, anti-american, and virtually all anti-government rhetoric has never committed an act of this magnitude before. Chinese agents have uncovered financial transfers from the North Korean government, that appear to have paid Xié'è lóng for carrying out the attack and the expenses for the attack. Yuang did not address the use of an SUV that appeared to be a part of the Chinese government's fleet in the event.

TO BE CONTINUED
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2013, 12:33:40 AM »

XIX: Nothing But Ash

1:30am
ACTING DOD SEC: Madame President! We're getting an update...oh sh**t. Yuan has released information to the FBI and publicly stated their innocence.

AYOTTE: What?! But the report you showed me...

DUCKWORTH: We knew it was unconfirmed, but it fit all the right pieces...

AYOTTE: We need to turn those planes around. NOW!!

ACTING SOS: I'll get State on the line.

AYOTTE: Not now.

DUCKWORTH: FBI just emailed me confirmation of the evidence receipt. They think it's legitimate, but will need 24 hours to confirm.

AYOTTE: We don't even have 24 minutes, Tammy.

1:34am
ACTING DOD: We have the captain on the line now. Captain, stand down. Return to your point of origin immediately. Get the f*** out of there. Now.

CAPTAIN: Confirmed, Mr. Secretary.

AYOTTE: Captain, this is the President. Tell me when you're on course to get home.

1:38am
CAPTAIN: Madame President, we are back on course.

ACTING DOD: Wait...

CAPTAIN: We have a rogue!

AYOTTE: What the f*** is going on?!

ACTING DOD: One of the planes didn't turn around. Connect us to Red-18! (pause) Pilot, you need to turn your plane around.

(silence)

AYOTTE: This is President Ayotte, your commander-in-chief. Turn around. China was not complicit. This is a direct order.

1:41am
(guns firing)

AYOTTE: Oh my God.

ACTING SOS: I have to get diplomatic channels opened immediately (runs out of room)

DUCKWORTH: Can we explode the plane?

AYOTTE: Wait. It's gone quiet.

1:55am
(loud explosion)

ACTING DOD: Those were his missiles. The line is dead. He killed himself.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »

XX: The Ruins of Pompeii

Friday, August 11, 2023; 4:00am - The Oval Office

AYOTTE: We have to move quickly.

ACTING SOS: We have President Yuan on the phone now.

AYOTTE: Wait until Steven gets here. He needs to hear the call so that he has all of the pieces.

PRESS SEC: (enters Oval Office) I'm here.

AYOTTE: (into phone) Hello, Mr. President. This is President Ayotte...

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

Monday, August 28, 2023

Walker stands by Ayotte, Capito & Scott critical in 2nd GOP debate

The Republican Presidential primary field met for the second of six planned pre-Iowa debates this evening. The debate was hosted by POLITICO and broadcast on CSPAN and POLITICO Online. Amid the aftermath what has colloquially become the "Pompeii Suicide," former Vice Pres. Scott Walker voiced support for the President. "President Ayotte has done all she can to mainain good relations with China in the wake of this tragedy. As the administration has said, the pilot broke out of formation during a routine patrol and attacked the Chinese navy on his own, before crashing into one of their largest ships to kill himself. This was a tragedy, and should shed light on necessary improvements in our military but to blame the President for this is just sickening. Don't politicize our troops."
Senator Tim Scott was critical of the administration and vowed that his first day in office would put in place a system for reviewing the mental state of every member of the American armed forces, "including the Commander-in-Chief."
The group at this second debate was smaller than the first. The late Secretary of State Eric Cantor had been a candidate for 2024, and Lindsay Graham dropped out of the race to return to the White House for the remainder of Ayotte's term in the light of the Pompeii Suicide.

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Senate Minority Leader John Thune took to the upper chamber's floor to blast the Ayotte administration and vow congressional investigations into everything Pompeii. Thune was flanked by fellow GOP Presidential candidates Tim Scott and Pat Toomey, as well as Majority Leader Dick Durbin and Asst. Majority Leader Amy Klobuchar.

Thursday, August 31, 2023

Gallup has its new poll of the Republican Presidential field.
Frmr. Vice President Scott Walker 29% (+2)
Senator Pat Toomey 19% (-1)
Governor Shelley Moore Capito 17% (-3)
Senator Tim Scott 14% (+5)
Minority Leader John Thune 9% (+2)
Frmr. Governor Sarah Palin 7% (+1)
Other 5%

And our first poll of the Democratic Presidential field.
Kirsten Gillibrand 19%
Julian Castro 14%
Tulsi Gabbard 14%
Mo Cowan 11%
Joaquin Castro 9%
Joe Kennedy III 7%
Baldwin, Booker, & Downing 5%
Undecided 11%
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:13 AM »

XXI: What's in a Poll?

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Presidential candidate Gavin Newsom sought to put his recent "God gaffe" behind him in Iowa this morning. Speaking to the corn grower's association, he lauded the 2019 Clean Energy Clean Earth Act that he cosponsored during his first term in the Senate. Asking for the organization's endorsement, he argued that he was the right candidate for ethanol, and the right President to start the "Ethanol revolution!"

Friday, October 6, 2023

CONDI CONFIRMED
Condoleezza Rice was confirmed for a second truncated go around as Secretary of State this evening.

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Democrat Ben Downing released a liberal "Transparent Government" plan as a campaign proposal. In a speech in New Hampshire, he detailed how 96% of all administration information would only be able to be embargoed for 90 days.

Monday, October 16, 2023

Capito on rise in IA, Scott in NH
West Virginia Governor is closing in on former Vice President in the Iowa polls. Just months ago a Walker nomination was one of the safest bets around, but the politico in voters' memories seems to be rosier than the candidate. Walker still leads in Iowa, but now only by six points.

South Carolina Senator Tim Scott is likewise making headway with the New Hampshire Republican voters; he is now up to 20% support. A third place showing in New Hampshire would definitely give the Senator momentum going into his home state, where he leads narrowly right now.

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Gillibrand Nation
New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is making headway in the early primary state of New Hampshire. Her lead of 36% is six points away from 2020 VP nominee Tulsi Gabbard, who is within one point of Governor Julian Castro. This is the first time that a Democratic frontrunner has been outside the margin of error in our polls, so this could be significant for Gillibrand's chances and diminishing for the chances of the other candidates.

Texas Governor Julian Castro polls best on education, but is not the best candidate for New England

Iowa, however, is a different story. Julian Castro and his brother have actually sandwiched Kirsten Gillibrand in the polls.  Castro the Governor and Gillibrand are within the margin of error, but Castro consistently leads by 1-2.5 points.

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Palin & Rubio launch first negative ads
Both underdog GOP campaigns have launched viscous attack ads on three of the frontrunners: Senator Toomey, VP Walker, and Governor Capito. The ads do not seem to be coordinated but they complement each other well, were apparently commissioned from the same firm, and are definitely strong first ads for the primary race. Both campaigns bought airtime in South Carolina and Iowa, and Palin's campaign just ordered a mailer for New Hampshire primary voters.

Rubio's ad against Capito attacks her tax plan for being a "welfare hand-out to the takers."

Saturday, November 11, 2023

This photo was taken on the tarmac of a private airport near Chicago. The Castro brothers were both at a private fundraiser at former President Obama's house last night, and there are rumors that Obama has agreed to endorse whichever brother's campaign that takes off after IA/NH.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

FBI arrests member of Chinese terrorist group in Quebec
The FBI has detained the courier who transferred the payments between the North Korean government and Xié'è lóng, the perpetrators of the Huntsman/Cantor assassination last summer. Though this is seen as a win for the Ayotte administration, questions have arisen to the condition of the courier. Press Secretary Simon Plitt refused to answer wether or not the captive was being tortured for information, or what methods were being employed. The Democratic Presidential field has called on the Ayotte administration to have daily updates on the man's condition. Obviously the administration is claiming national security concerns in lieu of releasing any information.
Heptahedron
Rookie

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »

This is getting really good. I laughed hard at Palin in a Chick-fil-a t-shirt.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »

Thanks! I thought since they were the first up with negative ads, I'd go with "silly" pictures.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2013, 10:03:03 PM by badgate »

XXII: Red Fish Blue Fish

Monday, January 15, 2024

Democratic Caucus
TX Governor Julian Castro 26%
NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand 21%
KY Senator Alison Lundergan Grimes 16%

HI Governor Tulsi Gabbard 14%
WI Senator Tammy Baldwin 11%
TX Senator Joaquin Castro 7%
NJ Senator Cory Booker 5%
Cowan, Downing, Kennedy & Newsom 0%

Governor Castro speaking at his election night rally in Des Moines, IA.

Republican Caucus
Vice President Scott Walker 30%
SC Senator Tim Scott 25%
AK Governor Sarah Palin 19%

PA Senator Pat Toomey 13%
WV Governor Shelley Moore Capito 8%
FL Senator Marco Rubio 5%

Former Veep Scott Walker greets supporters in Cedar Rapids, IA.

Tuesday, January 16, 2024
On the Democratic side, MA Governor Mo Cowan, MA Congressman Joe Kennedy III, MA Senator Ben Downing and CA Senator Gavin Newsom all dropped out after Iowa. Newsom endorsed HI Governor Tulsi Gabbard, while the three Massachusetts pols declined an endorsement for the time being.

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Hillary Endorses Gillibrand!
Ahead of the New Hampshire primary, where Kirsten Gillibrand is vying with the surging post-Iowa momentum of Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin and Hawai'i Governor Tulsi Gabbard, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the woman who succeeded her in the United States Senate. With the former 42nd President deceased, Hillary Clinton is the matriarch of the Clinton family's legacy, which looks to be having a second wind in her daughter's gubernatorial campaign in West Virginia.

Monday, January 22, 2023

Senator Elizabeth Warren endorses Tulsi Gabbard on eve of New Hampshire primary
Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren endorsed the Governor from Hawai'i, Tulsi Gabbard, at a Gabbard for President rally in Concord, New Hampshire this morning. The endorsement could be a boon to the Governor, who ran for Vice President with Gene Taylor in 2020 and is known by many as former President Obama's "shadow legacy." Obama reportedly encouraged Gabbard's 2014 gubernatorial run, and endorsed her at a well-timed event during the competitive primary. Warren called Gabbard a "true progressive leader for the Millenial generation. Millenials as a voting bloc have been surprisingly loyal to their left-leaning roots as they enter their 30s and move out of the post-college slump they faced during the Bush Recession's aftermath.

Ayotte still not endorsing in GOP contest
In her first presser of the new year, President Kelly Ayotte insisted that she wasn't endorsing a Presidential candidate before "the first three contests have ended." Ayotte was mum on any reasons behind her lack of an endorsement. Sources close to the Scott Walker campaign have said that they have lobbied the White House aggressively, but no sources would say wether or not Walker himself had been turned down by Ayotte-over the phone or in person.

DUBYA'S FOR SHELLEY
On the GOP side, West Virginia Governor Shelley Moore Capito has received a major lift from the 43rd President 24 hours before the polls close in New Hampshire's Republican primary. Bush, who won the Live Free or Die state in the 2000 Presidential contest, has major sway as a statesman in his party, mostly because he has stayed out of politics so diligently since leaving office in 2009.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Democratic Primary
NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand 32%
WI Senator Tammy Baldwin 20%
HI Governor Tulsi Gabbard 19%

TX Governor Julian Castro 11%
KY Senator Alison Lundergan Grimes 9%
NJ Senator Cory Booker 6%
TX Senator Joaquin Castro 3%

Senator Gillibrand speaking in New Hampshire after she was declared the winner.

Republican Primary
WV Governor Shelley Moore Capito 27%
Vice President Scott Walker 24%
AK Governor Sarah Palin 17%

PA Senator Pat Toomey 16%
SC Senator Tim Scott 9%
FL Senator Marco Rubio 7%

On the heels of victory in New Hampshire, Capito thanks supporters and sets her sights on the national stage.

Democratic Primary Map

Governor Julian Castro
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

Republican Primary Map

Vice President Scott Walker
Governor Shelley Moore Capito

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Both Parties brace for competitive primaries
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »

Go Scott Walker!

Though I would love to see Alison Lundergan Grimes v. Tim Scott, not sure why.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »

Walker/Rubio anyone?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »

bumping this because it was buried right after being updated. February primaries coming this evening!! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies