The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:47:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)  (Read 9837 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:29:35 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2014, 09:07:15 AM by Midwest Governor Lumine »

A New Beginning:

Good evening, my fellow Midwesterners.

I'm LumineVonReuental, former Mideast Assemblyman. Seeing the current state of affairs in the Midwest, it's low population and Wyodon's mysterious disappearance, I decided to move to the Midwest Region so I could help the Region in any way possible. With the office of Archduke now open and set to a vote in a few more days, I have decided that this is my chance to serve Atlasia and the Midwest in elected office, an office that is in need of a candidate.

Since I know that Midwesterners might not be familiar with me, I'd like to explain what I think I bring to the table: As a former independent Assemblyman, I already have experience with legislative work and I have always tried to reach across the aisle to all parties. As a member of the Union of National Democrats, I'm still very willing to work with all parties involved. I made "Activity and Responsibility" my campaign motto because I think that the Midwest needs exactly those things: Activity, to make things interesting with new ideas , and Responsibility, so the legislative work keeps flowing.

Wether this race is contested or not, I'd like to ask you for your vote, so you elect a new Archduke not only because of a lack of options, but because you believe that he is the right man for the job.

That said, I will also release my basic platform and ideas in a few minutes.

Thank you for your attention!

LumineVonReuental (UND-MT, Former Mideast Assemblyman and Candidate for Archduke.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »

The Archduke and proposals for the Althing:

As Archduke, my intention would be to give more organization to the Althing, trying to run all votes in time with the minor delays possible (as it should actually be). My idea would be to have the Archduke act in the way he is supposed to act, that is, in a advising role, which could only be slightly partisan when a tie-breaker vote is needed.

Along my promises of activity (during my term in the Mideast Assembly I never missed a single vote), I would like to run polls every month on the performance of the Althing (in general), the Archduke and the Most Serene Representatives. I would also like to introduce a monthly record of voting (mirroring Inks's Mideast Statistics), and I would like to introduce minor (and unofficial) penalties in the Althing to encourage myself and the Most Serene Representatives to keep up the activity.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »

I think you would be great at the job, from one Midwesterner to another you certainly have my endorsement.

My question is would you be doing, as Speakers in other regions do, posting new threads for legislation? I think that is probably something the Midwest needs to move to, instead of using the Althing for everything.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »

I think you would be great at the job, from one Midwesterner to another you certainly have my endorsement.

My question is would you be doing, as Speakers in other regions do, posting new threads for legislation? I think that is probably something the Midwest needs to move to, instead of using the Althing for everything.

Thank you very much, Maxwell! And yes, I also feel that every piece of legislation needs a proper thread. Otherwise things would get (and I'm sure that has been the case sometimes) overly complicated.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:38:11 AM »

I'd like to thank the Midwest citizens for their vote in the Archduke election. Sure, I was the only candidate, but I could have still lost to write-in votes (thankfully that wasn't the case). Thus, this will now serve as my new office, and if someone wants to ask questions and/or make a few suggestions, they are welcome as always.

On to work!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »

Congratulations Mr. Archduke!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »

Thank you very much, Matt!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »

Congrats Archduke!  Do you have a fancy scepter now? Smiley

Thank you, Siren! Well, that's one of the enjoyable advantages of living in the Midwest, I shall strike down my enemies with it!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »

You have an office called Archduke? That is seriously awesome. Congratulations, man. Smiley
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:08 AM »

You have an office called Archduke? That is seriously awesome. Congratulations, man. Smiley

It was called Kommisaer in my time, sadly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »

Well, I can't really compare it to Emperor, that one is really awesome, but thanks! (Somehow I seem to prefer Archduke to Kommisaer, my paranoia activates with that last one)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »

*hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »

Well, I can't really compare it to Emperor, that one is really awesome, but thanks! (Somehow I seem to prefer Archduke to Kommisaer, my paranoia activates with that last one)

Archduke is extremely appropriate for the circumstances, though, since Austria-Hungary had an Archduke and your username could be the name of a German nobleman.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »

Archduke is extremely appropriate for the circumstances, though, since Austria-Hungary had an Archduke and your username could be the name of a German nobleman.

Indeed, Archduke Von Reuental sounds like someting out of a fantasy novel, which only makes me like the title even more... Well, let's hope the title doesn't bring with it the bad luck of Rudolf and Franz Ferdinand, right?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 04:38:51 AM »

Indeed, Archduke Von Reuental sounds like someting out of a fantasy novel, which only makes me like the title even more... Well, let's hope the title doesn't bring with it the bad luck of Rudolf and Franz Ferdinand, right?

Indeed. I would say it's only Atlasia, but my region once lost a governor in a duel, so nothing's impossible.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »

Announcement: Midwest Constitutional Amendments:

As some of you know, Governor Maxwell has sent three Constitutional Amendments to the Alþing (The Recall Amendment, the Holding Our Senators Accountable Amendment and the Dude, Where's My Governor? Amendment), and since those Amendments have to win a referendum after passing the Alþing, I'd like to encourage the citizens of the Midwest to discuss or state their opinion on those bills (it could even be right here) just so we know they have actual support and just in case we overlooked something.

Thanks for your attention!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »

On the Folk Representanter Amendment Amendment vote:

(The Archduke sits on a ridiculously large chair, holding his fancy scepter)

Good night, I'd like to give my personal thanks to the Midwest voters who chose to vote in favor (with only one "Nay" vote) of the continued existence of the Midwest Alþing, a vote that proves us that our legislative body is doing a good work and that our region is doing very well with our current elected officers. I would also like to formally thank Governor Maxwell for his continued hard work for the region. Let's keep up the good work!

Thank you for your attention!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2013, 06:29:39 PM by Archduke Lumine »

Announcement: The Gubernatorial Race:

The Archduke's office in Cheesewhiz, Vitality.

Good day, Midwest Citizens.

After several months of having Maxwell as the Governor of the Midwest, an entire era of politics in the Midwest will end in five more days, when the Governor will be sworn as one of Atlasia's at-large Senators, an office that will allow him to pursue his goals in Atlasia and serve the people in a more efficient way. And we have to agree that he has achieved substantial success, bringing life back to a region that was on the verge of collapse. Right now the Midwest is running with a minimum of candidates, but the region is active, the legislative work has no problems and the Midwest is well served by most of its public officials.

I wish to continue those successful policies, and regardless of the party which I belong to, I believe I can maintain and improve the development of the Midwest. It won't be easy, and it will take a lot of hard work, but I want to do that job and serve the region. Therefore, and even if everybody knew about this and it's not a surprise, I am formally announcing my run for Midwest Governor in the special election to be held at the end of September!

I wish to address three issues right now in my opening speech, but many more will be addressed until the end of the campaign, even if no opponent arises. The first one makes a reference to the record: As Mideast Assemblyman, Midwest Archduke and Chairman of a Caucus (which, granted, didn't work out very well) I have done the best to serve those offices, and the current flow of legislative work in the past two months in the Midwest proves the hard and efficient work that Windjammer, Thomas D, ilikeverin and I have managed to do. The second issue comes to party politics, since I am a member of the new Progressive Union. I wish to be the first elected Governor that the party elects, and I pledge to show how our party believes in pragmatic management and solid ideas, far from being a bunch of moderate heroes as some believe we are.

With that I have spoken about two parts of my campaign logo: "Activity and Responsibility". The final part of my campaign logo says "and no partisan hackery". The past days have seen nasty and disgraceful attacks from several members of the two major Atlasian political parties, and I am personally disgusted about it. My Governorship will focus on helping the Midwest and giving a good voice to the Progressive Union, but I also pledge from now on that disregarding facts just to serve the interest of a party is out of the question.

I am a man willing to work with parties, but only when those parties play by the rules and refrain from giving Atlasia a bad name. And that's a part of my beliefs that will never change.

With Activity, Responsibility and no partisan hackery, let us bring even greater prosperity to the Midwest, together!

*hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin

Lumine Von Reuental, Midwest Archduke (Constitutional "Lord of the Cakes") and Candidate for Governor (Progressive Union-MT).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 06:16:58 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2013, 06:33:19 PM by Governor Maxwell, Senator-elect »

You have my full, enthusiastic endorsement.  You have changed the way that Midwest law goes through, and have created a great process that your successors will follow to a T. With that kind of innovation, you will be a great governor.

*special election is in September (corresponding with the Archduke and Althing elections), official Gubernatorial election is in October*

I do have a question or two though: What would you do, as Governor, to help increase competitiveness in Midwest elections? You have mentioned this as a problem, and I agree, but it's had to get people into a region with less people. Generally people like to move to the Mideast or IDS if they want to join the game.

And, do you have any proposals or ideas, besides the ones already proposed in the Althing, to combat the issue of Midwest unemployment. Particularly, any cost effective ways so that we don't run a burgeoning deficit which, hehe, may be on the horizon?

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »

Endorsed!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »

Good luck, Lumine! *hughughug* Grin Cheesy Grin
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »

Thank you, my fellow Progressives!

Thanks, ilikeverin! Lets keep up the good work!

Thank you very much, Mr. President!

You have my full, enthusiastic endorsement.  You have changed the way that Midwest law goes through, and have created a great process that your successors will follow to a T. With that kind of innovation, you will be a great governor.

*special election is in September (corresponding with the Archduke and Althing elections), official Gubernatorial election is in October*

I do have a question or two though: What would you do, as Governor, to help increase competitiveness in Midwest elections? You have mentioned this as a problem, and I agree, but it's had to get people into a region with less people. Generally people like to move to the Mideast or IDS if they want to join the game.

And, do you have any proposals or ideas, besides the ones already proposed in the Althing, to combat the issue of Midwest unemployment. Particularly, any cost effective ways so that we don't run a burgeoning deficit which, hehe, may be on the horizon?

Thank you Governor, your support really means a lot to me.

Now, when it comes to competitiveness we can all acknowledge that the issue is not easy to solve, specially when only two of the five regions enjoy real competitiveness in their elections. Thus, we have two roads to achieve that: a short term solution, which would mean the recruitment of one or two Atlasians to fill in immediate positions in need for candidates (such as the soon to be vacant Althing seat), and the long term solution, which involves turning the Midwest into a more attractive region for voters.

I can't say I have any concrete plans as of now (and we have to discuss if the recruiting would qualify as carpetbagging), but I want to enact new constitutional amendments and make the Midwest a lot more different. Sure, we would be taking the risk of creating things that we might not we able to use in the future, but I feel that taking a risk by creating (for example) an extra position or a regional newspaper is worth a try. The Mideast already has a good amount of former officeholders and former candidates, so we could encourage them to take a chance here, mirroring what happened with me after my defeat in the Mideast Assembly.

When it comes to unemployment, we definitely have to keep the budget balanced, so any attempts to decrease unemployment will have to be in line with said balance. Our current programs will need time to work, so after one or two months I plan on having a new set of proposals ready. While I don't want to enact more tax cuts because of the decrease in revenue, we can always keep spending on infrastructure if our growth holds steady. And if that fails to work, I guess that leaves us with education. Our new educational reform encourages class sizes relatively low, so I guess we could start by giving further attention to employ teachers.

I'm sorry for being so unspecific right now, but those are the basic proposals. Once the campaign picks up and I take over as Acting Governor, expect to see more fleshed out plans!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »

Endorsed!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed

Can't wait for the Progressives to have a governorship, and with someone as great as you!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 06:33:04 AM »

Endorsed Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies