Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:23:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164284 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: July 09, 2013, 01:01:20 PM »

the more immediate danger is jj getting hit by a car. 

bushie had a cat once.  i guess he lost interest.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1451 on: July 09, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »

Bushie, what have you been eating since your return to Oklahoma?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1452 on: July 09, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »

96 and climbing according to Google, is Blondie inside, as of right now?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1453 on: July 09, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »

I'd bet a $10 McDonald's Gift Card "no".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1454 on: July 09, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »

the more immediate danger is jj getting hit by a car. 

bushie had a cat once.  i guess he lost interest.

We will rectify that danger hopefully tonight, if not this week sometime.  I hope Dad went by at lunch and picked up the collar.

My cat is in the care of my aunt.  I see him every now and then.  As I've mentioned previously, my mother has an indoor cat that is very territorial which is why we hesitated to let JJ inside.  There have been a few nasty words exchanged between Molly and JJ.  Poor little JJ gets to come inside out of the heat, but her little ears get cussed out by an old lady cat.  Poor JJ can't catch a break inside or out.  Molly is 15 human years old.  We got her as an 8 week old kitten in September 1998.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1455 on: July 09, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »

Bushie, what have you been eating since your return to Oklahoma?

I haven't been eating real healthy, and for a few days I was starting to gain a pound or two, but yesterday, I only had 1,500 calories all day so I was able to drop some.  McDonald's has already seen multiple visits from me, unfortunately.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1456 on: July 09, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »

I'd bet a $10 McDonald's Gift Card "no".

JJ is inside resting comfortably on the floor next to me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1457 on: July 09, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »

Did Bushie already explain why he couldn't do any of the household things like getting the dog collar, food, or house or anything on his own? Why does his dad constantly have to do anything and everything outside of the house?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1458 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »

Did Bushie already explain why he couldn't do any of the household things like getting the dog collar, food, or house or anything on his own? Why does his dad constantly have to do anything and everything outside of the house?

Something called money.  I have no job as of yet, so therefore I have no money.  Dad has the money and works nearby the pet store, so he can just go at lunch and get the collar.  The food I can go to Dollar General or Walmart and pick up.  With the dog house, it would only fit in his SUV, not in my small Sentra, so not only did he have the money, but he had the room to transport it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1459 on: July 09, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »

Dude just get a job

seriously if money is a problem why aren't you out jobhunting right now

you're not even trying and you don't even care, do you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1460 on: July 09, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »

Dude just get a job

A quick Google search shows over 600 part time jobs in Bushie's area, so no.  Maybe memphis can apply for Bushie again.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1461 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »

Dude just get a job

A quick Google search shows over 600 part time jobs in Bushie's area, so no.  Maybe memphis can apply for Bushie again.

I am looking.  It is absolutely, 100% mandatory though that I get Sunday's off.  There is no way around that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1462 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »

Guys, job hunting (or even thinking about employment) is probably the most depressing activity anyone could face.  I suggest you leave Bushie alone about that.  Not having money is a small price to pay for avoiding employment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1463 on: July 09, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »

Something called money.  I have no job as of yet, so therefore I have no money.  Dad has the money and works nearby the pet store, so he can just go at lunch and get the collar.  The food I can go to Dollar General or Walmart and pick up.  With the dog house, it would only fit in his SUV, not in my small Sentra, so not only did he have the money, but he had the room to transport it.

Oh. I thought maybe he could give you the money for some of the things you all need since he's working 60 hours a week and you and your mom are working 0. But if he insists....
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1464 on: July 09, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »

Dude just get a job

I am looking.  It is absolutely, 100% mandatory though that I get Sunday's off.  There is no way around that.

There's no way he's ever going to get a job, guys. Let's just give it a rest.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1465 on: July 09, 2013, 02:04:56 PM »

Oh. I thought maybe he could give you the money for some of the things you all need since he's working 60 hours a week and you and your mom are working 0. But if he insists....

The overtime is over, so he's back to a normal 9/80 schedule.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1466 on: July 09, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »

Dude just get a job

Wait, God won't let you work a 3-11 shift Sunday?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1467 on: July 09, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »

Dude just get a job

I could do a Sunday evening shift, reluctantly, but I would prefer to have the entire day Sunday off.  I like to go to church twice on Sunday's.  If I could choose, I would prefer to have Wednesday nights off as well for the same reason.  Since I know beggars can't be choosers, I'm not going to make Wednesday a deal breaker.  What would be a deal breaker is Sundays before 1400.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1468 on: July 09, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »

Dude just get a job

I could do a Sunday evening shift, reluctantly, but I would prefer to have the entire day Sunday off.  I like to go to church twice on Sunday's.  If I could choose, I would prefer to have Wednesday nights off as well for the same reason.  Since I know beggars can't be choosers, I'm not going to make Wednesday a deal breaker.  What would be a deal breaker is Sundays before 1400.

Seriously, Bushie, start applying.  There won't be any deals to break without applying.  You owe it to yourself, your parents and your kids to start working right away.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1469 on: July 09, 2013, 02:21:23 PM »

im not going to bust you for not having money.  i know the feeling.

but you are constantly eating at mcdonalds, where do you get the money for that?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1470 on: July 09, 2013, 02:23:59 PM »

He will be hard pressed to find a part time job that follows the strict schedule he demands. He won't work at all for a long, long time. I'm willing to bet all the money I have on that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1471 on: July 09, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »

He will be hard pressed to find a part time job that follows the strict schedule he demands. He won't work at all for a long, long time. I'm willing to bet all the money I have on that.

To be fair, this is testimony to the horribleness of modern American capitalist exploitation that a person can't choose to work a schedule he prefers (particularly when the schedule under discussion still leaves six days per week open for the victim to be reamed).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1472 on: July 09, 2013, 02:31:41 PM »

Dude just get a job

Seriously, Bushie, start applying.  There won't be any deals to break without applying.  You owe it to yourself, your parents and your kids to start working right away.

Ridiculous! You're looking for a part-time job and you think you can ask for Sundays off automatically? LOL! People who hold steady jobs and have solid work histories get to be off on Sunday - the rest get to praise The Lord from the drive-thru window or the end of the checkout lane. How many people are just as religious as you? Furthermore, what's the percentage of them that hold down stable employment? That's with whom you'll be competing, even if it's for part-time.

Bushie: "I'd like a job!"
Employer: "Wow, it looks like you've quite a quite a few of them! Maybe more than anyone else I've ever interviewed!"
Bushie: "I'll also need every Sunday ever off for the next two months that I'll bother showing up to this job."
Employer: "Fantastic! You're hired!"

Said no employer ever.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1473 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »

I'm not debating whether it's fair or not, I am merely saying I'd hedge a large amount of money on Bushie being unemployed for the duration of school, assuming he even finishes that. You don't find work by demanding a certain schedule. There are plenty of Christians who work Sundays because they understand that God rewards the good things you do on earth.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1474 on: July 09, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »

Dude just get a job

Bushie has kids? Isn't he like 17?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies