Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:27:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165690 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »

Yeah, BMI >40 is morbidly obese.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2013, 10:58:39 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »

Maybe it's time for Bushie to start one of those fad diets. Isn't there one where you're supposed to eat tons of red meat? He'd love that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #503 on: June 14, 2013, 11:12:25 PM »

Maybe it's time for Bushie to start one of those fad diets. Isn't there one where you're supposed to eat tons of red meat? He'd love that.

Atkins? I think you can eat all the fat and crap you want on Atkins as long as you don't eat any carbs, which would never work because Bushie loves bread.

I met a fat guy once who was on atkins years ago at a bar, and he was eating a ribeye with cheese, onions and bacon on top, but he explained to me he was going to lose weight because he was having a salad instead of potatoes with it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #504 on: June 14, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »

I met a fat guy once who was on atkins years ago at a bar, and he was eating a ribeye with cheese, onions and bacon on top, but he explained to me he was going to lose weight because he was having a salad instead of potatoes with it.

That sounds literally perfect for Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #505 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »

My Tourette's presents itself in the form of body and motor (verbal) tics.  In the past, I've had bodily tics such as head shaking, torso jerking, limb and extremity stretching such as fingers and toes, balanced sensation, restless leg syndrome, excessive and extravagant eye blinking, and the most embarrassing crotch itching and motor tics such as 'clicking' noises, 'mmmhmm' noises, and stuttering.  The bodily tics usually came in pairs or trios and rotated and the motor tics are pretty much constant.  This is not an exhaustive list, by any means.  These tics have gradually improved over the past 20 years, but I will likely have them the rest of my life.  They tend to get real bad in stressful situations and ease up in non stressful situations.  They tend to get real bad when I'm not real relaxed, but not real focused and they tend to ease up when I'm either real focused or real relaxed.  I got into call centers because I was in a period of relatively calm tics each time and was too confident in my Tourette's.  Then, I get on the phones after training and realize the mistake.  The stuttering makes it real hard to carry on a real conversation.  It especially makes it hard to carry on a humorous conversation.  I try to make a humorous statement and a lot of times through my stuttering, the listener has to focus real hard on what I'm trying to say that the humor gets drastically reduced if not completely lose.  Right now, I'm in a period of high activity because of being out of a job, not being on my own, being overweight, and general uncertainty over the future.

I will be really honest here.  A lot of the reason I am obese is that a bunch of it is comfort food.  I get so depressed many times with my Tourette's that I stuff my face to make myself feel better.  There are times when I feel that I wouldn't trade my Tourette's for the world and then there are times when I ask "Why me?"  Plus, my Tourette's medicine causes weight gain itself.  If I ever needed to see anybody, it would be because of the depression associated with Tourette's.  That would me more of a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist.  In fact, in Junior High, I saw a psychologist for 3 or 4 years.  I'm not sure I could juggle a psychologist in my schedule during school, but once I get to Fort Worth, if I haven't lost much weight, I may try to see a psychologist in Texas.  I'm sure Fort Worth is hopping with psychologists.

God gave me my Tourette's and I believe because of it has made me a better person, more sympathetic, more empathetic, and a better Christian.  I really have a heart for those who have special needs.

Tourette's Syndrome is a cousin to Aspergers and Autism.

I am just so thankful that I never got the severe form of Tourette's which has uncontrollable cussing as an embarrassing symptom.  I only had a moderate case.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #506 on: June 14, 2013, 11:37:12 PM »

No, Bushie hates salad.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #507 on: June 14, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »

Thanks for sharing Jeff. That certainly sounds like it is challenging to live with and overcome.  A couple things I learned the hard way is that you have to stop sabotaging and instead try to put yourself in a position to succeed. Start knocking off some small, short term goals and build some momentum. As they say in sports, winning is contagious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:24 AM »

Thanks for sharing Jeff. That certainly sounds like it is challenging to live with and overcome.  A couple things I learned the hard way is that you have to stop sabotaging and instead try to put yourself in a position to succeed. Start knocking off some small, short term goals and build some momentum. As they say in sports, winning is contagious.

It is definitely not easy to overcome, but it can be done.  Like you said, I need to start small and build up.  I still have time to make major improvements, but I've got to start now.  It is just way to easy to throw my hands up in the air and let the Tourette's win another meal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »

While my Tourette's is very often depressing, I have never seen it as a curse or a disease, especially now that I'm older.  First, I know it's because of the Tourette's that I am the person I am today.  I don't think I would be as good of a person or as good of a Christian without my Tourette's.  Second, I am able to mentor two young boys who also have Tourette's.  My friend's son has Tourette's and Asthma combined while two of his cousins has non-verbal Autism.  Plus, my cousin's son also has Tourette's.  I feel privileged to mentor these two young boys who are ages 8 and 11, respectively, and show them how to deal with Tourette's, or at least how I deal with it.  I know it comforts my cousin's son knowing that the person he calls "Uncle Jeff" and looks up to also has Tourette's, but does not let that stop him from enjoying life or doing the Lord's work.  I also get to mentor the boys' mothers and let them know what I deal with and what they might be dealing with.  I can also relate to them what my mother went through and felt while raising a boy with Tourette's.  My friend's son, the 8 year old, even has the same pediatric neurologist that I had when I was a boy.  This doctor stayed with me through my 20th birthday, which was really nice, before handing over the reins to my PCP.  If his practice is still the same as when I was his patient, this young boy still has a good 11 years under his care, provided he doesn't retire in the mean time.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #510 on: June 15, 2013, 02:09:10 AM »

I told Bushie about an Atkins app he could try which gives him daily recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, and Dinner but he ignored it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #511 on: June 15, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »

Your parents advice would be fine if you didn't eat five soft tacos and four sloppy Joe's and three hotdogs all the time.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #512 on: June 15, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »

Bushie has stated previously that his height is 5'8. If his BMI is 42.1, that means that he weighs  277 lbs, which is more than he has ever admitted.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #513 on: June 15, 2013, 09:13:24 AM »

Bushie has stated previously that his height is 5'8. If his BMI is 42.1, that means that he weighs  277 lbs, which is more than he has ever admitted.

Maybe his scale at home is defective.  When he went to the doctor to measure his BMI, they used a scale that's actually properly calibrated.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #514 on: June 15, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »

Mind you, when I weigh at the doctor's office, I've had food, I'm fully dressed, I have my shoes on, my keys, wallet, and phone in my pocket.  I don't take any stock in the weigh ins at the doctor's office.  When I weigh at home, I stay in my pajama pants, I don't eat before hand, I go to the bathroom right before, wait for about 2 minutes for it to settle, and then weigh.  I usually step on the scale two or three times to get an accurate reading.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #515 on: June 15, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »

If I may, I would recommend just a plain old non digital scale, with a needle measurement. I do believe they are much more accurate than digital scales for the most part.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #516 on: June 15, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »

Daily Schedule for Kenya 2013 - For your viewing pleasure
Saturday, June 22 – Monday, July 1, 2013

Saturday, June 22, 2013
11:35 pm Friday – Land at Jomo Kenyatta Int’l Airport in Nairobi (3:35 pm Okla)
02:00 am – Check into Nairobi Hotel (6:00 pm Oklahoma)
06:00 am – Go back to Nairobi Airport (10:00 pm Oklahoma)
08:00 am – Fly to Kisumu Int’l Airport (12:00 am Oklahoma)
09:00 am – Arrive in Kisumu (1:00 am Oklahoma)
12:00 pm – Eat Lunch (4:00 am Oklahoma)
1:00 pm – Depart for Maisha / Maisha Welcoming Ceremony (5:00 am Oklahoma)
5:30 pm – Depart for St Anna’s Guest House (9:30 am Oklahoma)
7:00 pm – Eat Dinner (11:00 am Oklahoma)
8:30 pm – Internet Access (12:30 pm Oklahoma)
10:00 pm – Evening Bible Study (2:00 pm Oklahoma)
11:00 pm – Bed Time (3:00 pm Oklahoma)

Sunday, June 23 – Sunday, June 30, 2013
06:00 am – Wake Up, Shower, and Morning Bible Study – (10:00 pm Oklahoma)
07:00 am -  Breakfast – (11:00 pm Oklahoma)
09:00 am – Depart for Maisha – (1:00 am Oklahoma)
09:30 am – Morning Activities – (1:30 am Oklahoma)
12:00 pm – Serve the kids lunch – (4:00 am Oklahoma)
1:00 pm – Eat Lunch as a Staff – (5:00 am Oklahoma)
2:00 pm – Afternoon Activities – (6:00 am Oklahoma)
5:30 pm – Depart for St Anna’s Guest House (9:30 am Oklahoma)
7:00 pm – Eat Dinner – (11:00 am Oklahoma)
8:30 pm – Internet Access – (12:30 pm Oklahoma)
10:00 pm – Evening Bible Study – (2:00 pm Oklahoma)
11:00 pm – Bed time – (3:00 pm Oklahoma)

Monday, July 1, 2013
12:00 am – Bed Time – (4:00 pm Oklahoma)
6:00 am – Wake Up, Shower, Bible Study – (10:00 pm Oklahoma)
7:00 am – Eat Breakfast – (11:00 am Oklahoma)
9:00 am – Depart for Maisha – (1:00 am Oklahoma)
12:00 pm – Depart for St Anna’s Guest House – (4:00 am Oklahoma)
2:00 pm – Depart for Kisumu International Airport – (6:00 am Oklahoma)
5:00 pm – Fly to Jomo Kenyatta Int’l Airport in Nairobi – (9:00 am Oklahoma)
6:00 pm – Land in Nairobi – (10:00 am Oklahoma)
11:25 pm – Fly to Zurich, Switzerland – (3:25 pm Oklahoma)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #517 on: June 15, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »

Dude, your clothes don't weight 10 pounds! Tongue

Your scale at home is defective or your just not telling us the truth. I do doubt you've lost 8 pounds given your current diet and lack of exercise.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »

Dude, your clothes don't weight 10 pounds! Tongue

Your scale at home is defective or your just not telling us the truth. I do doubt you've lost 8 pounds given your current diet and lack of exercise.

The clothes aren't the only thing.  The keys, the wallet, the phone, the shoes, the food I've eaten all add up significantly.  The scale at home is pretty accurate if you were to weigh properly - first thing in the morning, after a poop, before breakfast, before getting dressed.  My grandmother's scale is a regular analog scale, and hers and ours are very similar.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2013, 01:21:04 PM »

My checking account looks pretty good if you look at it right. Just after payday, before I pay any bills.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2013, 01:57:27 PM »

Okay, it's pretty clear that Bushie's "weight" loss is simply another fib. It's just normal weight fluctuation between 275 and 265 methinks, nothing more, nothing less. If he weighed in at 277 at the doctors, he isn't down 11 pounds like he claimed. My shoes, clothes, phone, etc, don't weigh 12 pounds, and if he has 12 pounds of crap inside him, he needs to seek a doctor. Tongue

Further, whenever they weigh me at the doctors, they make me take off my shoes. Yours doesn't?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2013, 04:39:49 PM by Χahar »

Morden, Wolfram Alpha is your friend:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=BMI+29+years+old+male+5%278%22+277+lb

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

I find it very hard to believe than only 1 or 2 percent of adult American males have a 'BMI' over 40.  I remember about half of the population looked obese when I was there last.

And about the dog - who would a dog inside the house?  Its filthy.  Cats are bad enough - we used to tolerate them sometimes, but they were kept outside most of the time.  Nowadays I wouldn't consider getting any pet.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »

I find it very hard to believe than only 1 or 2 percent of adult American males have a 'BMI' over 40.  I remember about half of the population looked obese when I was there last.

Anything over 30 is obese. Over 40 is just obese class III, which is the most obese class of all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »

Okay, it's pretty clear that Bushie's "weight" loss is simply another fib. It's just normal weight fluctuation between 275 and 265 methinks, nothing more, nothing less. If he weighed in at 277 at the doctors, he isn't down 11 pounds like he claimed. My shoes, clothes, phone, etc, don't weigh 12 pounds, and if he has 12 pounds of crap inside him, he needs to seek a doctor. Tongue

Further, whenever they weigh me at the doctors, they make me take off my shoes. Yours doesn't?

Right now, as of this morning, I weigh 268 - a loss of 7 lbs.  That's with the malt and bacon cheeseburger factored in.  They recorded my weight at 276 on June 6, 2013 with a BMI of 42.0.  That 42.13 was recorded in March.  That appointment was before breakfast, my clothes were at least 4 pounds, my shoes were another 2 pounds, my wallet, keys, and phone were probably 2 pounds combined.  Add that up, that is 8 pounds.  I recorded my weight on that day at 268-269.  That is 7-8 pounds difference, so it makes sense.  I didn't record the 263.8 until June 9.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies