Roman Polanski says women today are too masculine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:53:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Roman Polanski says women today are too masculine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roman Polanski says women today are too masculine  (Read 5461 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: May 28, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »

The last many decades people have grown in stature both men, women and children, and as such I understand polanski's POV, as he now when he drug and rape 13 year old girls need the amount of drugs he needed to drug a 15 year old girl in the seventies. I think we can all feel his sorrow.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 10:43:21 AM »

People who don't take gender studies seriously do so for pretty obvious reasons (see Plato's cavern allegory - gender stereotypes are so ubiquitous in society that questioning them is like telling people their whole life was a lie).

...or they don't take them seriously because gender studies have a reputation of being more of ideological echo chamber populated by a academics who already agree with each other come with pretty far out claims once in a while, and if they make any original research outsiders rarely hear about it. At least that's my picture of American gender studies. From what I have seen of the Danish one, they seem more research oriented (primary sociology) and less "saying really stupid things" oriented, which have resulted in them being taken more serious.

ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:39:34 AM »

ideological echo chamber populated by a academics who already agree with each other

Is there any part of academia that this doesn't describe? ;p

No but gender studies seem to live more isolated, (most) other part of academia at least have to deal with the real world once in a while, so while they're echo chambers at least sometimes some fresh words are said or people with other opinions enter. Let take economy, while it's a ideological echo chamber populated by a bunch of people who are a little to happy to hear themselves talk and who have found the truth, the only truth and nothing but truth, at least there's other economists who sometimes call them out on it. The only people in gender studies seem to already have embraced the starting premise of women as victim of male opression, which make it a much more closed forum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies