The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:09:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210903 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: January 28, 2014, 01:30:16 AM »

Which is why the Oldiesfreak thread needs to be bumped.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #1651 on: January 28, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »

I don't normally like to post in this thread, but any one of the absurd things said in this post would deserve to be enshrined here. Put together in one post and I couldn't help myself:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/gay-washington/evangelicals-are-winning-the-gay-marriage-fight-in-africa-and-russia-20140123

Interesting article on how ultra right wing psychopaths seem to be spreading homophobia overseas as they've basically given up on the western world. 

Also interesting is that they are basically relegating themselves to the extreme third world (Russia, Middle East, and Africa) as they are also starting to lose the battle in the more developed world (Latin America, East Asia).

I guess in a sense it's scary because the extreme third world is gaining in population, whereas the civilized world is declining in population.

Perhaps this will be the model for World War 3:

Intelligent, educated, non-religious countries (U.S., Europe, East Asia, Latin America) vs. the wastelands (Russia, Africa, Middle East).

Not sure why I turned this topic into a world war scenario, I just think that's how it will eventually go and this article coincides with that in the sense that these wasteland countries are taking up a very different agenda than educated countries.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1652 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:22 PM »

His emotional diatribes gives Bandit a run for his money.

HS. They're responsible for giving Democrats one of the most embarrassing legislative delegations ever and have politicians and even Utahns acting like children over same-sex marriage. Not to mention the Mormons which Lawrence O'Donnell describes best as the racist, sexist cult they used to be.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1653 on: January 28, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »

What is politics but a succession of emotional diatribes...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1654 on: January 28, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »

His emotional diatribes gives Bandit a run for his money.

HS. They're responsible for giving Democrats one of the most embarrassing legislative delegations ever and have politicians and even Utahns acting like children over same-sex marriage. Not to mention the Mormons which Lawrence O'Donnell describes best as the racist, sexist cult they used to be.

What a disturbing and offensive post.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1655 on: January 28, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »

*a Jewish state that knows America will always be on its dick
so you decided to ditch the zionism now?

Pox on both houses, etc.

Also, anyone notice Obama advocating African recolonization?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1656 on: January 29, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »

Bridge collapses in Minnesota killing 13 people because of faulty gusset plates that had succumbed to the stress of all the weight and corrosive road salts and pigeon poop... and the bridge, designed so that the bridge fails if one component fails, collapsed.

13 dead.  Later that year, 5 Republicans in the state house vote to override the governor's veto on a gas tax increase to fund extra bridge maintenance and repair and the GOP goes on a witch hunt to get them primaried.  I believe one of those 5 remain in office today.

Boston bombing:  3 dead.  TWO PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE FOR THIS!!

What is wrong with you people?

Something tells me if it was one of their loved ones' limbs that got blown off they wouldn't appreciate them being glossed over by simply saying "3 dead". Also the ridiculousness of implying that legislators voting against a bill after the bridge collapse already occured as being worse than the Boston bombers.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1657 on: January 29, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »

Bridge collapses in Minnesota killing 13 people because of faulty gusset plates that had succumbed to the stress of all the weight and corrosive road salts and pigeon poop... and the bridge, designed so that the bridge fails if one component fails, collapsed.

13 dead.  Later that year, 5 Republicans in the state house vote to override the governor's veto on a gas tax increase to fund extra bridge maintenance and repair and the GOP goes on a witch hunt to get them primaried.  I believe one of those 5 remain in office today.

Something tells me if it was one of their loved ones' limbs that got blown off they wouldn't appreciate them being glossed over by simply saying "3 dead". Also the ridiculousness of implying that legislators voting against a bill after the bridge collapse already occured as being worse than the Boston bombers.

How do you think a Pakistani child might feel about Obama for murdering his grandmother?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1658 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:16 PM »

How do you think a Pakistani child might feel about Obama for murdering his grandmother?
That child would grow up hoping the operator of that drone would be beheaded, and if by some unfortunate twist of fate, the said drone operator ended up in the hands of the Pakistani Taliban, they’d probably behead him for making war on innocents in their land. What’s the difference here?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1659 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »

Impossible to say because not all Pakistani children think the same, racist.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1660 on: January 29, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »

This would be comparable if "Obama" (as in, the military) was going around Pakistan trying to kill as many innocent grandmothers as possible.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1661 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »

This would be comparable if "Obama" (as in, the military) was going around Pakistan trying to kill as many innocent grandmothers as possible.

Obama is Commander-in-Chief, and the drone program has shown itself to be little more effective in avoiding collateral damage than standard bombing raids. And on numerous occasions has the US directly targeted civilians (Vietnam, Serbia, Iraq, etc) and avoided any punishment.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1662 on: January 29, 2014, 10:31:06 PM »

Obama is Commander-in-Chief, and the drone program has shown itself to be little more effective in avoiding collateral damage than standard bombing raids. And on numerous occasions has the US directly targeted civilians (Vietnam, Serbia, Iraq, etc) and avoided any punishment.

I'm not a fan of drone strikes, just for the record. I agree that they're not nearly good enough at preventing collateral damage. That said, if the US military had the same goal as the Boston bombers, Pakistan would be a barren wasteland right now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1663 on: January 29, 2014, 10:37:29 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2014, 10:40:55 PM by Snowguy716 »

Good Icespear.  You're not a fan of drone strikes.  I'm not a fan of the death penalty.  I believe terrorist acts can be prevented in a better way than killing the terrorists.

I find it odd that you're willing to accept collateral damage from drone strikes, which promotes terrorist acts and anti-American sentiment more than anything else we do... yet you want blood when terrorist acts occur.

Maybe take some of your strong feelings abotu Tsarnaev dying and apply it towards anti-drone advocacy or something.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1664 on: January 29, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »

Good Icespear.  You're not a fan of drone strikes.  I'm not a fan of the death penalty.  I believe terrorist acts can be prevented in a better way than killing the terrorists.

I find it odd that you're willing to accept collateral damage from drone strikes, which promotes better than nearly anything else we do, which is terrorism against the United States.  But you want blood for the terrorist acts!

The reason we lost in Vietnam is because we didn't bomb them hard enough, amirite?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1665 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:44 PM »

Good Icespear.  You're not a fan of drone strikes.  I'm not a fan of the death penalty.  I believe terrorist acts can be prevented in a better way than killing the terrorists.

I find it odd that you're willing to accept collateral damage from drone strikes, which promotes better than nearly anything else we do, which is terrorism against the United States.  But you want blood for the terrorist acts!

That's nice and all, but it fails to address the terrorist acts that have already occurred. If we treat Tsarnaev nice and special he's not going to back in time and undo what he did. He still deserves to pay for it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1666 on: January 29, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »

The reason we lost in Vietnam is because we didn't bomb them hard enough, amirite?

You're ridiculously off topic now. Drone strikes and Vietnam and whatever else is irrelevant to the original point. You think drone strikes help fuel terrorism. I can see the logic in that. Regardless, what's done is done. I'm not going to think a terrorist and mass murderer should get off easy just because people can always find some way to point the blame to America in the end. When some random American guy shoots up a mall, nobody waxes poetic about how it's all society's fault and they were the true victim, so why do it for a terrorist? If you want to have a discussion about how to prevent more Boston bombings, then I'm all ears. As for the one that already occurred? Hang em high.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1667 on: January 29, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »

That's nice and all, but it fails to address the terrorist acts that have already occurred. If we treat Tsarnaev nice and special he's not going to back in time and undo what he did. He still deserves to pay for it.

If we make him "pay for it" he's not going to go back in time and undo what he did either.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1668 on: January 29, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »

Nathan's posts in this thread, alas.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=184973.msg0#new
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1669 on: January 30, 2014, 12:17:52 AM »

That seems applicable here:

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1670 on: January 30, 2014, 12:45:36 AM »

The proposal he's replying to is pretty bad, but this post manages to be so dumb and so wrong on sooooo many levels:

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1671 on: January 30, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1672 on: January 30, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »

I agree with all of these.  And Macklemore is nothing special.  I don't know if Macklemore's success is because of white racism though.  I think his "socially conscious" lyrics, sales and cuteness all factor in. 

Kanye is far more socially conscious than Macklemore, the latter has just taken on an issue that's basically safe (especially in 2013/14) and devoted a third of said song to insisting he wasn't gay. Meanwhile, actual intelligent lyrics about the systematic racism that pervades America today are rejected by the Grammy committee.

I think Macklemore has pretty uninteresting lyrics, but homophobia is still a major issue, particularly in the hip-hop and black community.  Plus, his music is just safer and more wholly positive.  There's a reason why he's perceived as more of a politically aware artist.

I like Kanye's music, but he does throw around the N-word and he's a fairly misogynist and materialistic in his lyrics.  I don't see how he has much of a social conscience outside of protesting for Kanye West's rights.

White liberal racism example #2523647
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1673 on: January 30, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »

Haven't you got some picketing to do?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1674 on: January 30, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »

I agree with all of these.  And Macklemore is nothing special.  I don't know if Macklemore's success is because of white racism though.  I think his "socially conscious" lyrics, sales and cuteness all factor in. 

Kanye is far more socially conscious than Macklemore, the latter has just taken on an issue that's basically safe (especially in 2013/14) and devoted a third of said song to insisting he wasn't gay. Meanwhile, actual intelligent lyrics about the systematic racism that pervades America today are rejected by the Grammy committee.

I think Macklemore has pretty uninteresting lyrics, but homophobia is still a major issue, particularly in the hip-hop and black community.  Plus, his music is just safer and more wholly positive.  There's a reason why he's perceived as more of a politically aware artist.

I like Kanye's music, but he does throw around the N-word and he's a fairly misogynist and materialistic in his lyrics.  I don't see how he has much of a social conscience outside of protesting for Kanye West's rights.

White liberal racism example #2523647

How is anything I said racist?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies