The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:35:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210195 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: January 12, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »

Some people care to much.

Honestly, you'd think that this forum was ancient Rome 44 BC, in the aftermath of Gaius Julius Caesar's (Opebo) brutal death at the hands of his Senatorial colleagues (the moderators).

(Sorry for the bullsh**t analogy, but I thought I throw one in since other people seem to be doing it Wink)

Perhaps a better analogy would be Jerusalem circa 30 CE.

I am as guilty as anyone here of making Christ analogues. That said, I beseech you to never even hint that you'd compare opebo to Jesus in the next million years.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1501 on: January 12, 2014, 02:08:50 PM »

Some people care to much.

Honestly, you'd think that this forum was ancient Rome 44 BC, in the aftermath of Gaius Julius Caesar's (Opebo) brutal death at the hands of his Senatorial colleagues (the moderators).

(Sorry for the bullsh**t analogy, but I thought I throw one in since other people seem to be doing it Wink)

Perhaps a better analogy would be Jerusalem circa 30 CE.

I am as guilty as anyone here of making Christ analogues. That said, I beseech you to never even hint that you'd compare opebo to Jesus in the next million years.

I was simply suggesting an idea for Mr. Cassius, and we must admit that the similarities are uncanny - anti-establishment "preachers" with controversial views who are killed at the demands of their rulers. Interpret it how you will - I'll refrain from judging their respective social and political views for now, so I suppose the similarities are only skin deep.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1502 on: January 12, 2014, 09:50:01 PM »

Or how liberals complain that todays republicans cant be more like Lincoln when the man was a racist at heart
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1503 on: January 12, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »

This too. I do identify with the man sometimes as a fellow Orange County native.

>teenager
>identifies with war criminals
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1504 on: January 12, 2014, 10:32:57 PM »

This too. I do identify with the man sometimes as a fellow Orange County native.

>teenager

C'mon dude, this is not an absurd post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1505 on: January 12, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »

>teenager

You can identify with Nixon on other issues besides the "war criminal" aspect. For example, the paranoia, self doubt/self loathing, and fierce determination to smash all rivals, all of which I feel, as white, suburban high schools and Congress aren’t all that different; there both comprised of children.

#sageSanchez
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1506 on: January 13, 2014, 12:57:59 AM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1507 on: January 13, 2014, 05:17:48 AM »

Thats a valid opinion, hardly absurd or ignorant in any  way.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1508 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:42 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2014, 08:02:29 AM by Snowstalker »

Right--it was partially a joke and partially a jab at the fact that Henry VIII's move was an immature reaction to the Pope not letting have a divorce (especially since there were no liturgical changes to the CoE at first). Though changes have obviously been made, the original reason for its founding remains. Luther's split from the Church is far more defensible.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1509 on: January 13, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »

>teenager

No, but the "war criminal" one is.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1510 on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »

>teenager

Do explain how Richard Nixon is not a war criminal.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1511 on: January 13, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »

>teenager

Please stop posting.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1512 on: January 13, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »

But Snowstalker isn't Catholic. He just constantly extols its superiority for...reasons that I have yet to really hear, even though the Church of England is far more liberal than the Catholic Church and thus closer to his views.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1513 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:40 PM »

Snowstalker doesn't even believe in God, IIRC.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1514 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »

Hardly a barrier to being a Catholic. Wink
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1515 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:56 PM »

like not scene at ALL, bro.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1516 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »

But Snowstalker isn't Catholic. He just constantly extols its superiority for...reasons that I have yet to really hear, even though the Church of England is far more liberal than the Catholic Church and thus closer to his views.

It's because I find the liberal Protestant circlejerk on this forum (particularly your "hipster Christianity") annoying and feel the need to toy with it (BRTD, I think you can accept the fact that you're incredibly easy to set off Tongue). I do not actually consider myself a Catholic, though if I felt the need for spiritual guidance in my life I would turn to it before Jonestown or whatever you're in.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1517 on: January 13, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »

It's because I find the liberal Protestant circlejerk on this forum (particularly your "hipster Christianity") annoying and feel the need to toy with it

Right, because what we need is more jmfcst Christcons like on every other forum. Roll Eyes
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1518 on: January 13, 2014, 01:22:23 PM »

It's because I find the liberal Protestant circlejerk on this forum (particularly your "hipster Christianity") annoying and feel the need to toy with it

Right, because what we need is more jmfcst Christcons like on every other forum. Roll Eyes

That's exactly what we need. The Religion board consist almost entirely of liberal Protestants and Dawkinsite atheists.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1519 on: January 13, 2014, 01:23:22 PM »

That's exactly what we need. The Religion board consist almost entirely of liberal Protestants and Dawkinsite atheists.

This is true.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1520 on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »

I don't know if this was posted here yet or not:
Thankfully the 5th amendment implicitly approves of the concept of executing hoodlums.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1521 on: January 13, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »

Personally I think we need more religious people who aren't Christian. Now that would really shake Religion and Philosophy up a bit.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1522 on: January 13, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »

Personally I think we need more religious people who aren't Christian. Now that would really shake Religion and Philosophy up a bit.

That'd surely made the conversations a lot more interesting.

The last thing we need is some imbecile going into every thread, quoting a random Bible verse he cherrypicked, and saying, "I'm right, you're wrong" like jmfcst did in every single conversation on the board.  There's nothing insightful or constructive about that.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1523 on: January 13, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »

Or an Anglican.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1524 on: January 14, 2014, 11:33:41 AM »

Equating political correctness with the use of metric units:

. . . Every large corporation or government entity I've ever worked at has controlled language in the work place for various reasons that most of the time have nothing to do with "political correctness."

To expand on that line of thought, large corporations tend to be led in an authoritarian fashion and have illiberal cultures on account of their fixation on profit. Government entities meanwhile cannot tend to their assigned tasks without funding, and anything that could call that funding into question or threaten career- or legacy-focused leaders could easily provide motive to control the conduct of their workers. In a lot of ways we are routinely pressured to set aside our rights in exchange for opportunities to have work, enjoy forms of leisure, and - more fundamentally - survive.

Actually most of the time it is far more mundane than that.  Often there is a health and safety component.  They want everyone on the same page to minimize accidents and cock ups.  I mean we all remember the $300+ million Mars probe that was slammed into the planet simply because one set of engineers was using Imperial measurements and another was using metric.  Of course if a directive came down banning the use of imperial units within NASA some screwball libertarian/tea party/conservative BS website run by a "bubba" would claim it is some new world order plot by the UN to take over 'Murica.

I mean it is just time to cut the drama.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msp98/news/mco990930.html

Oh, no!  Politically correct spaceships are coming soon!!!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies