The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 211823 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: September 18, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »

why would anybody pay money for video games in 2013
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #676 on: September 19, 2013, 05:27:16 AM »

Not the point. New video games only cost about $60. That's barely over a dollar a day between now and its release. I make well over $60 even before bonuses and overtime and after taxes per day. A video game (as opposed to a console) should not have all your money going to it.

I don't have a steady income, like you. My primary source of income comes from doing chores. I'm spending my birthday money on CoD: Ghosts.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #677 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:54 AM »

Just awful!

I am the one who checked Bacon King's work, and spotted his error.  So please, give me all the glory for proving his fallibility.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #678 on: September 19, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »

John Brown = Pinochet:

HP. Just because he was on the right side of history doesn't excuse him being a cold blooded murderer.

Yes it does.

How do you feel about Pinochet? Capitalism seems pretty well entrenched.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #679 on: September 19, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »

HP. Just because he was on the right side of history doesn't excuse him being a cold blooded murderer.

Yes it does.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #680 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »

Not the point. New video games only cost about $60. That's barely over a dollar a day between now and its release. I make well over $60 even before bonuses and overtime and after taxes per day. A video game (as opposed to a console) should not have all your money going to it.

I don't have a steady income, like you. My primary source of income comes from doing chores. I'm spending my birthday money on CoD: Ghosts.

Get a job, bro.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #681 on: September 19, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »

We are going to chat by Facebook around 20:00 or 20:15.  She has a picnic before hand, so we'll talk around 20:00.  It's not unrealistic to call us boyfriend/girlfriend at this point.  Still a LONG way from stepping it up even more and, to be honest, we are not thinking about that right now.  Although, the lady that put us together has been talking to me about it...  I have to tell her to SLOW DOWN!!  I told my parents this evening and they are excited, because even though I can't "afford" a girlfriend right now, it never hurts to talk to them.  I may be planning a trip to Stillwater one of these days.  It's only 75 minutes from here.

Basically, I'm going to go at her speed.  I want to make her comfortable.  I will not be pushy, but when she's ready to move ahead, we'll move ahead.  When she tells me to slow down a bit, we'll slow down a bit.  I've taken three lessons on relationships in the past eight years, I should be a "pro" at this by now...

Two hours earlier:

Guys, slow down...  We've only talked three times, all on Facebook. We haven't texted or called, yet, let alone seen each other.  After all, we're less than a week into this.  We're just now developing a friendship.  I want to cultivate and develop this friendship for a while until we're both ready to take the next step which would likely be to call each other.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #682 on: September 19, 2013, 06:38:40 PM »

Get a job, bro.

I've applied to 15 different places and have yet to even get a call back, bro.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #683 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:43 PM »

Get a job, bro.

Well I'm glad to see you're applying instead of sitting around. Good for you man. If a friend of yours has a dad with connections in the steel industry, shoot for that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #684 on: September 19, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »

Get a job, bro.

I got my job because the owner of the gas station where I am a reguler also owns the Miami Subs. Getting connections are key. Good luck in your job hunt Smiley.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #685 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »

Get a job, bro.

Well I'm glad to see you're applying instead of sitting around. Good for you man. If a friend of yours has a dad with connections in the steel industry, shoot for that.

Networking, Networking, Networking. That's all I have to say to you!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #686 on: September 20, 2013, 02:17:43 AM »

why would anybody pay money for video games in 2013
because we'd like new video games in 2015?

See, if NOBODY buys video games, the people that make video games will stop making them.  That's not to say I'm against the pirating of games.  I do it and I'll do it again, but I buy them too.  Of the games I currently play enough to be on my task bar, all 6 of them are at least partly pirated.  2 of them (AoE2 and Rise of Nations) I have also purchased but the CD/DVD is messed up or lost and one (civ4) I bought the expansion packs for.  BF3 was also purchased but it's launched from a web page, not a shortcut....oh, just noticed Minecraft is down there.  I've purchased 5, count 'em, 5 copies of that game so the entire family can play together....of course I only paid $10 per copy.  I own 3 total copies of BF3 as well for the same reason.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: September 20, 2013, 05:17:00 AM »

Games are basically the only thing I don't pirate
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #688 on: September 20, 2013, 10:49:48 AM »

I thought the normal protocol when Euros deal with a terrorist organization that is also in politics is to just ban the "terrorist wing" of the party...after wringing their hands over it for 3 decades.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #689 on: September 21, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »

Woodrow Wilson was in many ways the original "compassionate conservative".  I can't really think of anything major that Wilson would have done differently than Dubya had he been in office 2001-2009.

no higher praise could be given.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #690 on: September 21, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »

i prefer cheney.  he is much more progressive and not a crazy religious.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #691 on: September 21, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »

Context:

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2013, 09:02:56 PM »

oldies pls
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #693 on: September 22, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »

Drug smugglers are in my opinion the only underclass of heathen who come close to deserving the death penalty and/or compulsory sterilisation, and the latter penalty should also be avaliable for alcoholics.
I hardly have any sympathy for drug smugglers and consumers who are awarded the death penalty, although I do for virtually all other classes of criminals who are.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #694 on: September 22, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »

Well, it's lead by a woman who had her first oppositional thought on november 10th 1989.

You have access to her pre Nov. 10 thoughts? Otherwise, this sounds merely anti-Ossi
Not her thoughts, literally, but the psychological makeup of that woman is fairly readable if you'd had a look at her actual biography. It all makes sense, all the flip-flops argued with complete conviction. She's a completely unideological totalitarian. She doesn't care what is believed as long as dissent is not tolerated. She's her father's daughter. (And what she knows of how democracies work, she learned from Helmut Kohl, of course. Which is also very very obvious. Though she was kept in the dark about the financial side of Kohl's intraparty control, thankfully.)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #695 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:46 PM »

Drug smugglers are in my opinion the only underclass of heathen who come close to deserving the death penalty and/or compulsory sterilisation, and the latter penalty should also be avaliable for alcoholics.
I hardly have any sympathy for drug smugglers and consumers who are awarded the death penalty, although I do for virtually all other classes of criminals who are.
Cory has a sock?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #696 on: September 23, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

Cory has a sock?

Cory wouldn't use the word 'heathen' as a term of abuse.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #697 on: September 23, 2013, 11:25:57 PM »

So you went to a place to protest the will of the overwhelming majority? How progressive.

In case you haven't noticed, Occupy Wall Street lost.

Fixed

The same Occupy Wall Street that just prevented a war in Syria?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #698 on: September 24, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »

Don't play dumb, Mr. Morden. Why would he need the mother's permission? Women are 2nd class citizens in the great state of Oklahoma! Might as well be asking the pet goldfishes permission in Bushies view.

Now you know that's not true.  I will ask both, but in the old fashioned traditions, the girl's father is giving his consent to hand over care of his baby girl to another man.  We plan to bring back old fashioned traditions.  They are generally so much better than today's crap.

Context on this of course.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #699 on: September 24, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »

I'm starting to notice that everyone has ethnic interests and are territorial, even white liberals. Hispanics have laraza and blacks have various black interest groups. White liberals are seen as the only ones who don't have ethnic interests and are seen as noble and fighting for causes.

But I think they do have ethnic interests, but that its easier to conceal. For instance, most white liberals enemies are the krazens of the world. Maybe civil rights, banning restrictive covenants, and busing; while all noble causes, had the ulterior motive of "sticking it" to the krazens of that era.

Ever wonder why Vermont banned fracking? Its because they wanted to keep out the rednecks.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies