The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:07:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210673 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »

If I were POTUS then I would go for something like Cain's 999 plan.
If I were emperor or some sort, I would focus less on exact tax structure but push for a political system where a persons vote is linked to the amount of taxes he/she paid.  Something like you get 1 vote in all elections if you pay $5000 or less in federal taxes, $5K-$10K will get you 2 votes and so on with some sort of cap, perhaps 20 votes a person.  Or I can use a Logarithmic function on the federal taxes you pay and derive your vote.  Same basic affect.  This way a low income majority can raise taxes on the rich only by having to face a rich majority of votes in the next election and vice versa.  This is how corporations operate, one dollar one vote. 
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »

You never know what those far-left/right weirdos will eat. Their elitist populism and ideology chock full of contradictions makes for a very confused and deranged worldview.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »

You never know what those far-left/right weirdos will eat. Their elitist populism and ideology chock full of contradictions makes for a very confused and deranged worldview.

That's the 2nd time that quotes ended up here. I'd think people would be used to Cathcon's sense of humor by now.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2013, 02:32:01 AM »

I don't really know which one Cathcon is.  For me the R-MI avatars tend to blend into a general cloud of awfulness.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »

San Diego has perfect weather and Duluth has absolutely horrible weather.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »

I don't really know which one Cathcon is.  For me the R-MI avatars tend to blend into a general cloud of awfulness.
Cathcon's the one who isn't Oldies or Inks.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2013, 07:43:21 PM »

Context -

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »

Let me tell you folks the story about a man who killed a teenage boy once.  He did it with a gun and there was nobody there to stop him.  He has a history of racism, bigotry, and discrimination and a very well established history of violence.  And not only that, but he got away with it.

Is this George Zimmerman I'm talking about?  No, it's Uncle Sam.  And not only has he done it once, he's done it many times over.

Where's your f***ing outrage over that?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »

Let me tell you folks the story about a man who killed a teenage boy once.  He did it with a gun and there was nobody there to stop him.  He has a history of racism, bigotry, and discrimination and a very well established history of violence.  And not only that, but he got away with it.

Is this George Zimmerman I'm talking about?  No, it's Uncle Sam.  And not only has he done it once, he's done it many times over.

Where's your f***ing outrage over that?

That post is actually quite true, unfortunately.  But yeah, how dare anyone question our country's long history of human rights violations or imperialistic foreign policy decisions.  That just crosses the line.  Now, if it weren't for that pesky First Amendment on our books, we easily could have outlawed posts like that a long time ago.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2013, 08:30:53 PM »

Just because we make different incomes, used to have slavery, and stereotype minorities doesn't make this country a bad place to live or an immoral place.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2013, 09:06:29 PM by Scott »

Just because we make different incomes, used to have slavery, and stereotype minorities doesn't make this country a bad place to live or an immoral place.
The reason I think you posted only part of what I said was because you wanted to take someone from the other party out of context, embarrass them, score a political point for yourself, and then make yourself feel more righteous as if you're one with the solution. Did anyone notice how I said more than what was cut and pasted by Scott? Well it's a couple posts above if you want to see.

Yeah.  Yeah!  That's totally it!  Nothing gets past you.  I'm just here to make people look bad and take them out of context, because no one here knows how to scroll up to see your stupidity in context.

Friend, I don't need to do anything to embarrass you.  You do a perfectly good job of doing that yourself, and that seems to be the consensus as of now.

Enjoy the ignore.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2013, 04:20:38 AM »

This country treats its people pretty damn well. Think about the holocaust, Saddam's mass graves, and conflicts between Israel and Palestine. Americans have it better than anywhere else in the world. Just because we make different incomes, used to have slavery, and stereotype minorities doesn't make this country a bad place to live or an immoral place.
I'll post your whole post. Anytime. No need to thank me. My pleasure.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »

I'm surprised Finland hasn't already done it.  What was the hold-up? 

Slavic heritage is too strong.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2013, 09:11:09 AM »

Well gentlemen, I can say it is kind of a sick and sadistic pleasure have a post on both the Absurdity board and the Good Post Board.

I feel like curing cancer and kicking babies now.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2013, 05:12:21 PM by Lt. Governor Cathcon (F-ME) »

I don't really know which one Cathcon is.  For me the R-MI avatars tend to blend into a general cloud of awfulness.

You serious?

And please, learn to read sarcasm. On a third note, the comment was directed specifically at Snowstalker, though I suppose you're not sure which one of the D-PA's he is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »

I guess so; I thought Snowstalker was D-MN.  Huh
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »

probably santorum.

not a fan of populism of casey jr,

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/avatars/Republican/R_MA.gif
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »

I'd have to go with Option 2.  Nevada is by no means out of reach for Republicans.  It still has sizable populations of Mormons and libertarians, and although the Latinos have made it swing toward Democrats, Republicans certainly can be competitive there as well by changing their tactics and rhetoric on illegal immigration and playing up their social conservatism in Latino outreach (though that's probably not a smart strategy to win moderates, so maybe more in Spanish campaign ads, etc.)  It's also important to remember that as future generations of Latinos assimilate more, they will probably become more supportive of the GOP than they are now.  Whether it'll be enough without stronger outreach is still anybody's guess, though.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:09 PM »

I guess so; I thought Snowstalker was D-MN.  Huh

You're thinkin' of Snowguy716, bro.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20130718/NEWS01/307180107/Detroit-prepares-file-bankruptcy-soon-Friday

The City of Detroit is in final preparations to file for federal bankruptcy as early as Friday morning, several sources told the Free Press today.

Congratulations to the unions on their victory.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2013, 09:49:18 AM »

Barfbag and krazen don't really belong here given that both are openly trolling us. It devalues those posts which are genuinely absurd/ignorant/bad.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2013, 05:51:58 PM »

I don't think the GOP is more racist or anti-gay than the Dems. The Republicans just make stupid comments about illegal immigrants (who happen to be Hispanics) that has gotta stop.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2013, 12:35:38 PM »

This is seriously one of the most horrible posts I've ever read.  And yes I'm including joke trolls.

Massive HP. He's a murderer who should be in prison until the day he dies (and that's only because I don't support the death penalty). I truly, sincerely, and absolutely hope his life is destroyed as a result of this. He deserves as much mercy as he gave Travyon Martin. The only one with a legitimate self-defense claim was Trayvon, who was unfortunately unable to make that claim in a court of law.

To those that mention party, I don't care in the least bit. All murderers belong behind bars, no matter what party they are. I really don't think it's safe for an African-American to live in the state of Florida.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #323 on: July 21, 2013, 01:15:32 PM »

This is seriously one of the most horrible posts I've ever read.  And yes I'm including joke trolls.

Massive HP. He's a murderer who should be in prison until the day he dies (and that's only because I don't support the death penalty). I truly, sincerely, and absolutely hope his life is destroyed as a result of this. He deserves as much mercy as he gave Travyon Martin. The only one with a legitimate self-defense claim was Trayvon, who was unfortunately unable to make that claim in a court of law.

To those that mention party, I don't care in the least bit. All murderers belong behind bars, no matter what party they are. I really don't think it's safe for an African-American to live in the state of Florida.

It is slightly hyperbolic, but the sentiment is fundamentally correct. Murderers are f**king murderers, that's all.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #324 on: July 21, 2013, 01:46:18 PM »

It is slightly hyperbolic, but the sentiment is fundamentally correct. Murderers are f**king murderers, that's all.

Political Lefty's language indicates a kind of vengeance-based theory of justice more typically associated the far right. Utterly barbaric. Mecha was right to post it here.

Though I absolutely don't share this feeling, I think it is somewhat understandable in these circumstances. Seeing a guy take away a young life out of sheer stupidity/bigotry and get away with it because of some stupid stand-your-ground law enacted by morally bankrupt vigilante-loving conservative nutjobs is more than a decent person can take without getting enraged to the point when rational thought is somewhat impaired.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies