The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:08:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86646 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: September 03, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
« edited: September 03, 2013, 01:16:45 PM by Duke »

I'm still brooding over this girl. I've never been cheated on before and I've never gone off on a girl like that since I was a freshman in college like 6 years ago. I guess I am just disappointed in myself for acting like that and letting myself get used, and letting her know it got to me. It sucks that I have to be around this girl for another year until we graduate. And I guess I need to quit drinking while I am at it.

Time heals all, but patience is not a Greek virtue, Dukey.  You need to find it.  

You're telling me. I feel like I need to jump out of my skin right now. I keep wanting to approach her, but I keep thinking it is a bad idea. We can't be in this standoff forever.

I just keep telling myself she tossed away what we had for a 1 night stand and wasn't even remorseful about it. I don't need someone like that in my life. It just stings.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »

I'm still brooding over this girl. I've never been cheated on before

That you know of, Duke.  I suspect that most women 'cheat', particularly the good looking types you no doubt end up with.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #852 on: September 03, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »

First day of school was today. Half of my teachers are either tools, incompetent or incompetent tools.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #853 on: September 03, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »

That you know of, Duke.  I suspect that most women 'cheat', particularly the good looking types you no doubt end up with.

Yeah, that I know of... Tongue

I don't need to be told about how she's been sleeping around since we started seeing each other, but I have a bad feeling that has been the case.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #854 on: September 03, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

If any of you impecunious or humbacked losers live in Portland, and are of the age to consume alcohol, pm me.   I'm going to be there Thursday through Sunday nights. Smiley
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #855 on: September 03, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »

So first day of classes=survived. I'm already begging to learn that there are very few situations that can't be improved by adding loads of caffeine. Curly
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #856 on: September 03, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2013, 08:00:10 PM by JerryArkansas »

So today, our school got a French foreign exchange student.  He seems really nice and I hope he has a good time at our school.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #857 on: September 03, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »

That you know of, Duke.  I suspect that most women 'cheat', particularly the good looking types you no doubt end up with.

Yeah, that I know of... Tongue

I don't need to be told about how she's been sleeping around since we started seeing each other, but I have a bad feeling that has been the case.
Well Duke, at least you can take solace in the fact that you aren't that crazed Polish woman's boyfriend. Tongue That poor poor bastard...
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #858 on: September 03, 2013, 06:17:19 PM »

So today, our school got a French foreign exchange student.  He seems really nice and I hope he has a good at our school.

france->arkansas? I feel really sorry for the poor guy.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #859 on: September 03, 2013, 08:04:43 PM »

If any of you impecunious or humbacked losers live in Portland, and are of the age to consume alcohol, pm me.   I'm going to be there Thursday through Sunday nights. Smiley
I'll take up that offer.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #860 on: September 03, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »

I just went out to a great dinner from one of the firms that has offered me a job. Appetizer was crab cake, followed by fillet mignon for main (which was like medium well for some reason, so that sucked) and then a trio of little cakes for dessert. Might have accidentally gotten drunk, but everyone else was also apparently drunk (at least the female partner sitting next to me who kept talking to me was) so I think it all went swimmingly. Really regret not ordering a fancier drink though; just got two stellas and then red wines throughout dinner.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #861 on: September 03, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »

Earlier this evening after dinner I took a walk around the lake on/by campus. Was really beautiful-silent except for the crickets chirping, dark, deserted, great evening out. Mildly scary being there alone at night but not much. Sat around for like two hours and looked at the stars-it's been forever since I did that. Actually saw the first shooting star I can ever remember (yeah, stereotypical suburban kid). Really awesome and relaxing.

Surprisngly/sadly, was not on any mind altering substances at that time. I've yet to find a source for buying on campus so I'm dependent on friends, and they were all watching a horror movie in the dorm lounge which is very very much not my thing. Pretty much all the time I was thinking "man I wish I was high right now" Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #862 on: September 04, 2013, 09:00:45 AM »

Nan's mind is best when its senses are not deluded by such vices.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #863 on: September 04, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2013, 10:06:45 AM by Kitteh »

Not possible, my friend. The fact that I was walking around and getting exercise already meant I was on a cannabis and opioid high. I'm just helping my body do what it's already doing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #864 on: September 04, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »

Restaurant week starts in Charleston. Despite my women trouble, I have enough friends to make it through without her. Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #865 on: September 04, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »

Restaurant week starts in Charleston. Despite my women trouble, I have enough friends to make it through without her. Wink

Bang some waitress while you're out this week.  Then there will be no women troubles.  Duh.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #866 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »

Bang some waitress while you're out this week.  Then there will be no women troubles.  Duh.

The gay world is just so much simpler. Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #867 on: September 04, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »

I shaved my face fully for the first time in a couple of months. I went from looking about 30 to looking about 12.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #868 on: September 04, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »

I was telling a friend of mine about my troubles who happens to be a gay and he told me the same thing... He asked me if I was sure I was a straight because I could save myself a lot of trouble. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #869 on: September 04, 2013, 11:59:47 AM »

I was telling a friend of mine about my troubles who happens to be a gay and he told me the same thing... He asked me if I was sure I was a straight because I could save myself a lot of trouble. Tongue

I wonder if two lesbians have double the women trouble Dukey does?  Tongue 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #870 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »

My first opportunity to volunteer in the Navy and go above and beyond and I TOOK IT!  I'll be tutoring some girl for the ASVAB, which is basically the entrance exam.  Apparently she is a dumb and can't get the requisite scores. 

Later on I'll be running and timing myself on a 1.5 mile run.  I need to be able to do it in 12:30.  Shouldn't be too hard, and it's quite a beautiful day in South Jersey.  I'll update you on my time later. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #871 on: September 04, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »

Who is 'Nan'?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #872 on: September 04, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »

Ran my 1.5 mile in about 11 mins. flat.  That is my baseline, getting over a sinus infection, and running in DC skate shoes.  Kicked my ass, but that is an awesome place to start, considering the requirement is to do said 1.5 mile in 12:15.  

I have a feeling I'll be in amazing shape by the end of boot camp.  By then I will have done 13 straight weeks of strenuous physical exercise 6 days out of the week, all the food I'll be eating will be substantive (aka, no junk, sweets, or empty calories), and I'll have not touched a drop of booze or seen a lick of tobacco in all that time.  

I'll definitely be ready to just pop the shirt off at any time.  Hope all the ladies are wearing a pad.  
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #873 on: September 04, 2013, 07:39:06 PM »

I'm addicted to soda and sugar and sweet sugary drinks. I'm seriously drinking a gallon of Kool aid right now, it's about half gone. Oh it tastes so good but is so bad for me. I love you soda.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #874 on: September 04, 2013, 09:02:19 PM »

Two minutes into a long-awaited shower post-basketball, and some asshole pulls the fire alarm. Apparently it was a scheduled drill.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies