The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:07:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86135 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: August 27, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »

I am feeling pretty crappy about what I said to that girl Saturday night, and even crappier that I can't really contact her at all except through email. I know I should just let it go, but I generally don't like being that mean to people when we were really both at fault in this whole mess. It's stressing me out to no end.

Dukey

Trust your uncle grumpy Gramps.  Send her an email or regular letter I guarantee she will read it even if she doesn't tell you she read it.  Get it off your chest she will read it and you will be fine.

I tried apologizing Sunday morning, but she was pretty pissed and didn't take it well, which I should have known since apologies right after a huge fight are a poor idea.

I need to wait a while, I know, probably at least 2-3 weeks and let the flames die down, then try to contact her via letter or email. I'd try to approach her in school in a few weeks, but she told me not to and I am going to respect her wishes.

Ok young friend, but you will get your chance so make the best of it. Regret is a tough emotion. Few know it better than me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #801 on: August 27, 2013, 07:26:46 PM »

Especially regret where I am basically helpless to fix it at the moment. It's just frustrating, because with girls, the harder you try to fix anything the worse it becomes.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #802 on: August 27, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2013, 09:41:22 PM by Lіef »

I need to pick one more class for this semester. Should I take a class on A) Evidence, B) Human Rights or C) EU Governance?

edit: I guess I can take one on land use as well, but the professors teaching that have never taught it before.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #803 on: August 28, 2013, 04:03:21 AM »

Especially regret where I am basically helpless to fix it at the moment. It's just frustrating, because with girls, the harder you try to fix anything the worse it becomes.
Get drunk.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #804 on: August 28, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2013, 12:05:13 PM by Torie »

I got too active in bed about 3 weeks ago, and sprained a ligament in my foot, it got infected, antibiotics don't totally work, and so I went to the big guns at UCI and the Doc said the pools of puss or whatever attract bacteria, like pond scum, so I am wearing a tight medical sock on one leg now to try to squeeze out and drain the swamp. He said if it still does not clear up, the next step is to see if I have a leaking vein with surgery. I see him again on Sept 3. Then last night, I got a fever (haven't had one of those in decades), could not eat dinner, and repaired to bed with the chills at 8 pm, soaking the sheets with sweat. The fever is down this morning. So hopefully I will still be alive on Sept 3 to explore more new and exciting worlds of medical science.

And this whole cf is just due to being a bit gymnastic seeking just the right angle. It is just pathetic how easily olds can get hurt, and how long it takes to recover.

So this is my cheery little update for the morning. Aren't you all glad you're not me?  Smiley
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #805 on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »

I got too active in bed about 3 weeks ago, and sprained a ligament in my foot, it got infected, antibiotics don't totally work, and so I went to the big guns at UCI and the Doc said the pools of puss or whatever attract bacteria, like pond scum, so I am wearing a tight medical sock on one leg now to try to squeeze out and drain the swamp. He said if it still does not clear up, the next step is to see if I have a leaking vein with surgery. I see him again on Sept 3. Then last night, I got a fever (haven't had one of those in decades), could not eat dinner, and repaired to bed with the chills at 8 pm, soaking the sheets with sweat. The fever is down this morning. So hopefully I will still be alive on Sept 3 to explore more new and exciting worlds of medical science.

And this whole cf is just do to being a bit gymnastic seeking just the right angle. It is just pathetic how easily olds can get hurt, and how long it takes to recover.

So this is my cheery little update for the morning. Aren't you all glad you're not me?  Smiley

Oh, geez.  Get well soon!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #806 on: August 28, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »

I got too active in bed about 3 weeks ago

Well, colour me surprised, I hadn't pictured you as the 'active' one.  But in all seriousness get well soon.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »

I got too active in bed about 3 weeks ago

Well, colour me surprised, I hadn't pictured you as the 'active' one.  But in all seriousness get well soon.

Yeah, that was surprise to me too.  Think positive, El Toro, if you tried that sh**t when you were a fat instead of a chiseled gym rat you'd be dead by now.  Get well, old man!  Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #808 on: August 28, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2013, 12:19:49 PM by Torie »

I am very active irrespective of the position guys. The bed in some ways is just an extension of the gym for me (just the right position and the choreography is everything). I wear my partners out, and that's a fact. Smiley  But not last night. Sad  Now I am wondering if I am up to going to the gym today (Wednesday being a workout day, and I view missing a session as something of a catastrophe). Oh, and I lost 3 pounds yesterday - down to about 162 now. Maybe Bushie can give me 3 of his pounds (165 is my fighting trim weight, and I don't like to vary much from it unless it's due to more muscle mass).

Thanks for the concern anyway. I appreciate it. This has really been a bitch, and I can't even fit my dancing shoes on the swollen foot. Hopefully everything is going to be OK (EGBOK).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #809 on: August 28, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »

Maybe Bushie can give me 3 of his pounds

I seriously doubt it weighs three pounds, even if you could find it.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #810 on: August 28, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »

I have a demanding semester ahead of me. I have 15 hours of regular class plus I'm sitting in on the Arabic class I had last year (just to stay as well acquainted with the language as possible). I also have my campus job and an ongoing internship.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #811 on: August 28, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »

Going off to Vermont (fourth summer in a row!) with some friends for a few days before I start work on Sep 3.
URA!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #812 on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »

Things are looking good at college.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #813 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »

Going off to Vermont (fourth summer in a row!) with some friends for a few days before I start work on Sep 3.

and you do this right when i leave new england you slutbag
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #814 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »

Seems like it, you don't seem to show up around IRC a lot.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #815 on: August 29, 2013, 12:51:25 AM »

Started school again. Words cannot start to describe my new French teacher...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #816 on: August 29, 2013, 01:20:11 AM »

Started school again. Words cannot start to describe my new French teacher...

Really? Tongue
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #817 on: August 29, 2013, 02:24:54 AM »

I mean because she is so beautiful. Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #818 on: August 29, 2013, 07:16:57 AM »

My brother had a bad biking accident today.

He went mountainbiking and almost at home (like 500 meters in front of his house), he had the accident.

A dog was on the other side of the street than his owner and the (invisible) dog leash was going across the street. My brother came from a side alley and didn't see any leash.

So he fell rather badly and sprained his wrist that needed to be xrayed. He also got several bruises. Wearing a helmet, the head is OK.

He could actually sue the dog-holder for creating a dangerous situation, but considering the injuries are not too bad, he won't do that.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #819 on: August 29, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »

Gave a fun talk at a college of physical education about American culture.  It was nice to deal with a different sort of student for a change - my students are usually quite middle class and polished, perhaps even a bit nerdy.  These future Gym Teachers were a kind of rough-and-tumble slightly hill-billyish lot, very open and funny. 

Also, in a typical middle-level Thai university, classes are around 65% girls, and most of the boys are gay or ladyboys - I usually have no more than 1-3 'real boys' per each class of 20-40 students!  At this more countrified college, it was 65% boys, and they were really quite macho/straight for Thais.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #820 on: August 29, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »

Got my drivers license today. I failed the test again, but the DMV lady let it slip. So I am now able to drive solo.

That explains a lot about Florida drivers.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #821 on: August 29, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »

nice
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #822 on: August 29, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »

Very nice!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #823 on: August 29, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »

Since I pin Gramps at about 55 or so, and this Van Halen sludge came out around 1984... I give you 80s Gramps...

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #824 on: August 29, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »

i have a food baby guys
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies