NRCC names top targets, DCCC names top candidates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:15:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NRCC names top targets, DCCC names top candidates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NRCC names top targets, DCCC names top candidates  (Read 1968 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

The NRCC has named their top 7 targets, referred to as the Red Zone. It's essentially a list of Democrats in red districts.

John Barrow (GA-12)
Collin Peterson (MN-7)
Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-1)
Ron Barber (AZ-2)
Mike McIntyre (NC-7)
Jim Matheson (UT-4)
Nick Rahall (WV-3)

In addition, the DCCC has unveiled a new fundraising tool for their top recruited candidates called Jumpstart. The candidates are:

Michael Romanoff (CO-6)
Ann Callis (IL-13)
Jim Graves (MN-6)
Michael Eggman (CA-10)
Pete Aguillar (CA-31)
Gwen Graham (FL-2)
Domenic Recchia (NY-11)
Kevin Strouse (PA-8)

I approve of the endorsement of Aguillar over Baca, and the rest of the candidates.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 03:03:21 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2013, 03:05:53 PM by ajc0918 »

Joe Garcia(FL-26) and Patrick Murphy(FL-18) aren't on the NRCC list? Surprising

Edit: Garcia's district voted 53% for Obama so I guess that makes sense but Murphy's district was won by Romney
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »

Lol at AZ having two on the list, it's amazing what nonpartisan redistricting can do.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »

Lol at AZ having two on the list, it's amazing what nonpartisan redistricting can do.

I think it's been noted that the AZ commission's maps leaned towards the Democrats, kind of like how the Washington and New Jersey commissions' maps leaned towards Republicans.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/22/1201551/-Did-Gerrymandering-Cost-Dems-the-House-A-33-State-Look-at-Alternative-Non-Partisan-Maps

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »

If the Republicans couldn't beat Matheson in a new, gerrymandered district, with a charismatic minority candidate who raised millions of dollars, and with Romney heading up the ticket, they certainly are not going to win this time.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »

I believe that is actually merely a list of Democrats in seats which the Republican presidential candidates won in 2004, 2008, and 2012. I believe Obama narrowly won Murphy's seat in 2008, so he's not on the list. I don't believe it's indicative of how resources will be allocated (unlike the Democratic list, which really is a list of touted candidates.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »

I think it's been noted that the AZ commission's maps leaned towards the Democrats, kind of like how the Washington and New Jersey commissions' maps leaned towards Republicans.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/22/1201551/-Did-Gerrymandering-Cost-Dems-the-House-A-33-State-Look-at-Alternative-Non-Partisan-Maps

The Arizona commission drew maps with the intent of making as many competitive seats as possible, which the Democrats ended up winning. If they drew a map based just on communities and population, the 1st would be more R favorable.

The New Jersey map was drawn to protet all incumbents, creating a 6-6 map when it should be 7-5 or 8-4 Dem. The Washington map was also incumbent protection, but Inslee resigned to run for Governor so his district became the only non-safe district.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 01:34:56 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2013, 02:11:06 AM by degenerate hedonistic bastard »

Thank God Patrick Murphy's off the NRCC list. Please continue wasting your money trying to unseat incumbents who survived 2010 (I see Matheson pulling it off again and think Love got boosted by Romney, and I think Barrow holds on too because he's a great campaigner).

Does having Eggman on here mean that Jose Hernandez isn't running again? If he isn't, I'd prefer him to run in a presidential year. 2016 should be much more favorable for him, and voters seem to be willing to split tickets. The trend should increase in 2016 (though Eggman winning would be nice).

Other than that, all the candidates we're supporting seem like good candidates. I'm personally hoping Strouse can pull off the upset.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies