Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:57:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 174454 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: June 04, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »

You made a lunch date for almost a year from now?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1751 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »

I know there will be one trip I will make to Fort Worth.  I am having lunch with TexasIndy and Jamespol on Saturday, April 19 in Fort Worth.

Oh boy...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1752 on: June 04, 2013, 01:14:15 AM »

I would love to be a fly on the wall for that meal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1753 on: June 04, 2013, 06:12:55 AM »

Did you walk yesterday and will you be walking today.  Is the diet suspended until further notice?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1754 on: June 04, 2013, 07:47:34 AM »

Did you walk yesterday and will you be walking today.  Is the diet suspended until further notice?

he had to spend the day checking the weather in fort worth.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1755 on: June 04, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »

he had to spend the day checking the weather in fort worth.

30% chance of rain in Fort Worth. I guess we can forget about Bushie walking, he's got severe weather to track.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1756 on: June 04, 2013, 09:03:45 AM »

I asked a question, but everybody ignored the question and focused on lunch with jamespol.

I will repeat the question:  If I have a goal of being in Fort Worth the first week of June 2014, when should I start looking at and applying for jobs?  Should I start mid April, early April, late March, when?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1757 on: June 04, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »

bushie should just admit he has no interest in walking again.

as for what you should do next spring, you are in no position to plan a year ahead of time.  it is ridiculous.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1758 on: June 04, 2013, 09:16:38 AM »

And it means the walking and diet plans are D.O.A.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1759 on: June 04, 2013, 09:21:12 AM »

LOL at Bushie complaining about someone ignoring something.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1760 on: June 04, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »

bushie i am being sincere when i ask this...have you ever checked out this group?  it may help. 
http://www.overeatersanonymous.org/
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1761 on: June 04, 2013, 09:42:04 AM »

My mother advised me to start looking and applying around Spring Break, which is the middle of March.  I would still like to hear other's opinions, though.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1762 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:05 AM »

My mother advised me to start looking and applying around Spring Break, which is the middle of March.  I would still like to hear other's opinions, though.

3 months makes sense, so yeah.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1763 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »

My opinion is that you should focus on your goal of furthering your education before getting distracted by other plans in the future.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1764 on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »

My opinion is that you should focus on your goal of furthering your education before getting distracted by other plans in the future.

The school program is self paced, so by the end of February / beginning of March, I will have a good gauge on how things are going and if I might be able to get it done earlier.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1765 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:15 AM »

Funny that Bushie ignores all advice ever posted here and now is upset no one is giving him any.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1766 on: June 04, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »

Agree 100%.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1767 on: June 04, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »

Remember when bushie said he would not accept a low wage job because of gas costs?  Yet he has no problem burninggas to go to alva f'ing oklahoma.

Obviously that was a one time trip to see his friends.  What is wrong with you people?

so the peace corp dream died after a week?

I actually met some Peace Corps creeps recently, and they were pretty darn fat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1768 on: June 04, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »

I will definitely be focusing primarily on my school work for the ten months that I'll be in school.  In the evenings, I will be doing some research on the City of Fort Worth and the Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Plex.  There's only so much I can research, so I likely will not research every evening.  It's doubtful I will have any homework while I am going to school, so I will have my evenings free primarily.  As we get into the Spring Semester, I'll have a good gauge of how things are going and what day I should be done with the program.  I'll make that determination in late February and then if things are still on track for at least the end of May and if I still like it, I will start looking for jobs during Spring Break in March.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1769 on: June 04, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »

What exactly is there to research about DFW at this point? They have grocery stores and churches and doctors just like every other city in America.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1770 on: June 04, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »

I will definitely be focusing primarily on my school work for the ten months that I'll be in school.  In the evenings, I will be doing some research on the City of Fort Worth and the Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Plex.  There's only so much I can research, so I likely will not research every evening.  It's doubtful I will have any homework while I am going to school, so I will have my evenings free primarily.  As we get into the Spring Semester, I'll have a good gauge of how things are going and what day I should be done with the program.  I'll make that determination in late February and then if things are still on track for at least the end of May and if I still like it, I will start looking for jobs during Spring Break in March.

If you invest the time and your parents money to get the CAD I think you are morally obligated to use it to get a job in that field whether you like it or not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1771 on: June 04, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »

If you invest the time and your parents money to get the CAD I think you are morally obligated to use it to get a job in that field whether you like it or not.

That is very much true.  I seriously doubt I will not like it, as I was the one who chose the CAD program.  Dad suggested it, but it was my choice.  He has asked me two or three times this spring if I really wanted to follow through with CAD.  He wanted to make sure it was my idea and my choice, not his idea and his choice.

You're right, though, whether I like it or not is really immaterial at that point.  If I want to change, I'd better do it before August 5, the first day of class.  Morally, I cannot change once I get into it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1772 on: June 04, 2013, 04:49:25 PM »

Yeah, none of this surprises me. Bushie will end up not sticking with it. This is just another waste of money for his parents. I really do feel bad for them. He's already wavering and he hasn't even started it yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1773 on: June 04, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »

Yeah, none of this surprises me. Bushie will end up not sticking with it. This is just another waste of money for his parents. I really do feel bad for them. He's already wavering and he hasn't even started it yet.

I'm not wavering at all.  I am firmly committed to this.  I threw out another idea, but as you can see I have dropped it.  I agreed with Politicus' post that I am morally obligated to stick with it and I also said that it is highly unlikely that I will not like it.  I may waver in a lot of things, but I am not wavering with this one.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1774 on: June 04, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »

If you listen to politicus that's a major first step in the right direction. 
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies