Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:57:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VII: "The OK Corral"  (Read 174598 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: June 03, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »

Here's a question for those who seem to believe that Bushie should be looking for a job: Do you honestly believe that he's qualified to hold one? Leaving to the side whether or not he has a duty to attempt to support himself, I can't imagine him being an asset to any employer.

I really think he should look at doing something with a church that pays until he goes to Kenya, if that really is his plan, or work for a government or quasi-government agency like ONG where he can be sort of a blah employee but have little chance of being let go. I imagine that was the case at ONG, and when he quit they saw their way out. Otherwise, they would've rehired him if they wanted him around. It happens all the time if an employee is worth it.

I know he is going to go ahead with the CAD program, but like you said, I don't see that as some long term thing. It's simply to give him something to do and avoid being hassled to find a job.

His thought process is so disconnected from anything I could ever consider that it continues to amaze me. And its even more amazing that he doesn't want any help except from those who agree with him.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1726 on: June 03, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »

Here's a question for those who seem to believe that Bushie should be looking for a job: Do you honestly believe that he's qualified to hold one? Leaving to the side whether or not he has a duty to attempt to support himself, I can't imagine him being an asset to any employer.

What percentage of current job holders in America does this apply to? I'd say at least 10%.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1727 on: June 03, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »

You never know. Maybe he'd be a good truck driver or something. He likes to travel for no apparant reason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1728 on: June 03, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »

You never know. Maybe he'd be a good truck driver or something. He likes to travel for no apparant reason.

I've thought about truck driving, but I don't want to be responsible for such a big animal.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1729 on: June 03, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »

But you want to be responsible for two children?!?!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1730 on: June 03, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »

But you want to be responsible for two children?!?!

I can handle children.  I'm not so sure about such a big truck.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #1731 on: June 03, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »

Bushie, big rigs and children? There's only one way that could end..
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1732 on: June 03, 2013, 08:31:00 PM »

I was going to say in a truck stop restroom but that works too.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1733 on: June 03, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »

nix the bushie as a trucker idea.  he doesnt drive in snow!

and how many different cities has bushie wanted to move to?  phoenix?  jacksonville florida, slc and nowfort worth.  seems like kansas city was thrown in there too.  i guess ft worth is a slight step up from jax fl.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1734 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:55 PM »

nix the bushie as a trucker idea.  he doesnt drive in snow!

and how many different cities has bushie wanted to move to?  phoenix?  jacksonville florida, slc and nowfort worth.  seems like kansas city was thrown in there too.  i guess ft worth is a slight step up from jax fl.

All part of the same pathology. Run away rather than confront the real issues.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1735 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:24 PM »

so the peace corp dream died after a week?

It died when he found out he couldn't be morbidly obese and do it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1736 on: June 03, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

Bushie, even if you do get this Ft. Worth job, your visits to look at grocery stores and traffic will likely be a waste of time anyway because it's likely you will have spent time looking at stores and traffic at places where you won't even be living and never visit.

You can do your little traffic/grocery tests when you get an apartment.

That's what I'll probably do.  I'll still make a trip or two in the mean time just so I can see if I will like it, but I'll do the heavy searching after I find a place to live which will be after I find and secure a job.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1737 on: June 03, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

Remember when his first big move decision was between Montgomery county, PA and Oklahoma? We should have known at that very moment...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1738 on: June 03, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »

Remember when his first big move decision was between Montgomery county, PA and Oklahoma? We should have known at that very moment...

why did he want to go to montgomery county pa?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1739 on: June 03, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

why did he want to go to montgomery county pa?

That was 6 years ago when I was working at a computer camp in Philadelphia.  Since I was already in the area, I really wanted a job in the area.  I was only in Philly for 5 weeks, and I first started looking in the Harrisburg area and then to the Philly area.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1740 on: June 03, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »

Bushie's OCD behavior works good for monotonous jobs like data entry.  Call centers were wrong for him because of his tourrettes, but I'd definitely hire Bushie to sit at a computer and enter in information for hours on end.

Here's a job in the Dallas area Bushie could probably do:
https://wit.twc.state.tx.us/WORKINTEXAS/wtx?u=1370310846314&pageid=EM_JP_JOB_DETAILS&id=6232812&referralPage=JV_POSTING_BROWSE_RESULTS&frompage=JV_POSTING_BROWSE_RESULTS&sort=0
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1741 on: June 03, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »

While it may not be the prudent thing to do to drive down to Fort Worth every other month, there is nothing stopping me from being a nerd and bookmarking all the Dallas/Fort Worth TV Stations websites and watch the weather forecast for the DFW area nearly every night!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1742 on: June 03, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »

While it may not be the prudent thing to do to drive down to Fort Worth every other month, there is nothing stopping me from being a nerd and bookmarking all the Dallas/Fort Worth TV Stations websites and watch the weather forecast for the DFW area nearly every night!

Classic BushOklahomaKenyaFtWorth!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1743 on: June 03, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »

Got a question for everybody:  If I want to move down there by the first week of June 2014.  When should I start looking and applying?  late March, early April, mid April, or late April?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1744 on: June 03, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »

Classic BushOklahomaKenyaFtWorth!

Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1745 on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »

Bushie I have the perfect job for you.  The suite caterers at Cowboys Stadium need a data entry guy.

http://legendshm.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=43746

It's not year round and it's probably not good pay obviously but you love sports and you know how to operate a computer.  Move to Arlington and pair it with something at Rangers Park for the summer.   Even concessions.  You'll actually love it and stick to it because it's your interest. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1746 on: June 03, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »

King, I would love to go down there ASAP, but I must get my certificate first and do things in the right order this time.  Education > Job > Apartment > Exploring > Move > Start Work.  Exploring and Move can be reversed, as well.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1747 on: June 03, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »

Why not first get a job, and then move there about a week early to get used to the traffic and all that? I figured out the stuff in Minneapolis pretty easily and quickly after I moved (yes I traveled to it constantly while in college, but I was going to shows, record stores and strip clubs, not shopping for items or groceries.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1748 on: June 03, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »

Why not first get a job, and then move there about a week early to get used to the traffic and all that? I figured out the stuff in Minneapolis pretty easily and quickly after I moved (yes I traveled to it constantly while in college, but I was going to shows, record stores and strip clubs, not shopping for items or groceries.)

That's what I want to do is secure a job, find a place to live, pack, move, explore, and start.  I want to move 1-2 weeks before I start work, so I can have time to do everything I need.  My main question is considering college graduates will be getting out in May, when should I start applying?  Jamespol tells me I should start looking and applying between mid March and mid April.  What does everyone else think?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1749 on: June 03, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »

I know there will be one trip I will make to Fort Worth.  I am having lunch with TexasIndy and Jamespol on Saturday, April 19 in Fort Worth.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies